FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Development League info. (2014/15)

Sneckboy

We had a couple of penalty claims turned down and the St Johnstone keeper had a great game denying Ibra at least 2 goals with "WTF, how did he get to that" style saves.

Lads will have been disappointed with the result, but not the overall performance....a bit like last Saturday really!

• Agree 2

Thanks.

Aaron Doran pulled one back with about 20 mins to go. It was a pretty even game. Adam Morgan's goal for St Johnstone came from a defensive error when he intercepted a back pass and rounded the goalkeeper. Doran's goal was a low shot from outside the box. ICT could have grabbed an equaliser. They put St Johnstone under a bit of pressure towards the end but couldn't find the goal.

Interesting there seems to be something about ICT with scoring ,or rather not scoring goals this season. Hope we have been saving them all for the rest of the season!

Are we over-anxious in front of goal, shooting recklessly, not shooting enough, or just plain unlucky???? Difficult to say really. Depends on what the team is but this one was quite a young one. Ibra was playing and looked a threat. Ferguson up top should have scored in the first half when we was through on goal but put it wide. As pointed out, as well, their goalkeeper had a good game.

Edited by D180
  • Agree 1

0-0 FT a few voices in the crowd wondering why we are sitting so low in the table after that performance. We should have won it and had a penalty. Doran, Christie Ross and polworth played well and controlled the game. I think with so many senior players in the team that's maybe why we looked the better side.

Do Inverness open the snack bar for Development games?  Twice now I've visited St Mirren Park for a youth match and they've had it open,  Its a nice touch, even if there was only about 50 of us there.  They gave away a few pies mid way through the second half too :thumbup:

How did Ibra fair today?

He done ok from what I seen. He was playing upfront on his own but his best move was down the left wing when he used his pace to get past the St Mirren right back and cross in for Doran who really should have scored,  he took an extra couple touches and smashed it off the keeper.

Ibra was a lot better than his replacement though so maybe that says something.  Not sure who came on to replace him but I guess it would have been Ferguson?

• Agree 1

I see tomorrow's game is at "home" to Dundee United at Borough Briggs.  That's a bit of a treck eh?  Surely we could use Grant Street or Inverness City's ground instead of having the game all the way out there.  Can't see many making the trip to be honest.

I see tomorrow's game is at "home" to Dundee United at Borough Briggs.  That's a bit of a treck eh?  Surely we could use Grant Street or Inverness City's ground instead of having the game all the way out there.  Can't see many making the trip to be honest.

With a 6pm kick off - and Scotland v England on tv that night. Whose bright idea was that???? Poor decision definitely.

With a 6pm kick off - and Scotland v England on tv that night. Whose bright idea was that???? Poor decision definitely.

Seems to wholly disregard the small but loyal band who regularly follow the under 20s

• Agree 1

Seems to wholly disregard the small but loyal band who regularly follow the under 20s

Totally agree. I, and quite a few others, attend the Development League fixtures, and previously the Reserves/Under 20s, but this past month the fixtures seem hell-bent on having these young players having no-one in support. Poor show ICT, to both the fans and the players too.

It's an act of kindness towards the good folk of Elgin : a chance for them to see a higher standard of football than they are used to, and a chance to see Premier League players of the future rather than ones from the very distant past!

• Agree 2

Perhaps, before apportioning blame, it would be a better idea to find out the reasoning behind this. I'm quite sure our club would rather this game was played at home rather than shell out for hire of another ground and transport to Elgin so I'd think there must be a legitimate reason for this decision

To be fair to the club, they are only preserving the pitch for the weekends game vs Motherwell. With that being said Elgin does seem an obscure place to hold it especially at 6pm but in my opinion the pitch at Borough Briggs is a darn sight better than OTB and Grant Street park. Wonder if the GES was available (obviously not)