FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Striker Required

ictchris

With both Dargs and Denzil out with dislocated shoulders we need someone in to provide cover for our strikers.  Charlie just said in his post-match interview we will look to get someone in before Wednesday night.  Who should we buy?

Liam Buchanan?

I heard from an insider that McSwegan has been working has @rse off for the last 3 months - doing more 'extra curricular' training in the gym than any other player. He's supposed to be fitter and sharper than he's been for years. I think he probably deserves a chance to show his worth if this is the case.

He was supposed to have impressed when he came on against Hibs a while back, so if he's even better now than he was then I guess he could probably do a job for us.

It doesn't make good business sense to bring in a 6th striker. If the worst comes to the worst (and remember we have 3 fit, and 2 to come back in weeks - so aren't exactly desparate) we could play someone like Bazza, Blackie or Rankin up front.

Also, after todays performance, McAllister looks like he can do a job for us. He should have gotten man of the match today and probably would have if he hadn't tired in the last 15 minutes. His control, holding of the ball, and distribution were all first class - he barely gave the ball away once. They couldn't get near him.

Bayne ran his socks off again - and deserved his goal. He must be one of the fittest players in our squad because he still looked fresh at the final whistle. The only weakness in his game is that he never beats his man. There were a couple of occasions when he had run ins on the last defender and ended up going wide. If he could learn a few dribbling tricks, or maybe even just ONE trick - like the Wyness stepover or the Tokely shuffle, he'd be deadly.

It doesn't make good business sense to bring in a 6th striker. If the worst comes to the worst (and remember we have 3 fit, and 2 to come back in weeks - so aren't exactly desparate) we could play someone like Bazza, Blackie or Rankin up front.

I remember us playing Wilson uo front against hibs at easter Road last season.

Didn't do us any harm then, think we won 2-0.

I'd give McSwegan a chance, if nothing else then to see if we are getting our money's worth.

'Also, after todays performance, McAllister looks like he can do a job for us. He should have gotten man of the match today '

:017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017:    

are you Rory's brother?    did Barry not impress you?

Rory is not good enough, no pace, no close control, will never make it in my mind.

Bring in a striker for cover? mmmm  Dunc Shearer? who have county got spare?

This is feckin hot of the press but I will share it wiv yas. There has been an urgent Board meeting in regard to the Striker crisis. The outcome is that we are happy with the options of Rory, Bayne, McSwegan and potentially Pat O'Linnen in the short term. Buchanan was always in the shop window fer the summer. Cowdenbeath will be approached with a renewed offer which they may dismiss BUT we are going to feckin Elgin fer the boy Johnston and expect to sign him by the end of the window.

'Also, after todays performance, McAllister looks like he can do a job for us. He should have gotten man of the match today '

:017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017:    

are you Rory's brother?    did Barry not impress you?

Rory is not good enough, no pace, no close control, will never make it in my mind.

Bring in a striker for cover? mmmm  Dunc Shearer? who have county got spare?

Rory did good today :001:

Yep, I thought Rory McAllister had a really good game today.

When he came on I'll admit I didn't really fancy the thought of a Bayne/McAllister partnership, as much as I like Bayne, I just didn't feel the two would click. Glad to say I was wrong

you have to bear in mind Macallister is a) only 19 and still learning and b) has hardly played enough at this level to get up to speed and tempo, that takes time too. Its when you start bringin people in that finances go awry. I say give the kid a chance!

Also we have bayne and Macswegan so altho we dont have alot of options, we shouldnt be out rushing for new players.

He is raw but is knocking in the goals. A few months in training and in the reserves will make or break him. We will get him on the cheap whilst Cowdenbeath will be reluctant to let Buchanan go before the end of the season and will up the price.

There is no point taking somebody who might be up to speed after "a few months in training".  Whatsmore he would be cup tied and no use in the Scottish Cup.

What worries me more is defence - a couple of injuries there and we are in big trouble.  All season we have worked with the regular back 4 and Caff.  After that there is nothing.

I think that we are looking to the future and not to the Cup. We have enuff cover fer 4-6 weeks but we need a back up. It is too late fer the loan situation and Cowdenbeath will not loan Buchanan - but lets take a look at Johnston. As fer the defence we also have Morgan and Hastings can play centre back plus Golly can be recalled. Dont feckin panic.

Looks like Denzil is out until the end of the season as he requires surgery.  :009: :009:  Just when he was regaining some of his best form.  I do think we have enough cover and as has already been said we have an influx of midfielders, some of who can play up front.  Unfortunate timing though that two of our best players are out with the same injury at the same time. Bad luck or what.