FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black v Jarosik

RiG

In the past I have stuck up for Black a lot despite numerous posters saying drop him to let him cool off etc. but I couldn't defend him after the Falkirk debacle.

However I was keen to see how he performed coming off the bench today and he was solid in the challenge and never retaliated despite this particular incident with Jarosik.

I watched the two closely despite play going on, knowing that because Black was involved, there was a chance of something and right enough there was.

I saw what looked like Jarosik aiming a kick at Black while they were on the ground and as they got to their feet Jarosik then shoved Black over. Now given that Barr was dismissed last week for Falkirk for alleged intimidating behaviours/unsporting conduct which has since been rescinded, why was Jarosik not sent packing for at least the shove?

Folks who saw it on Setanta might be able to clear up whether a kick was involved or not.

As much as i said at one stage after the Ball Kicking fiasco I did'nt want to see Black in an ICT shirt until his behaviour improved, And I still think he has a fair way to go before he can convince me otherwise.

I must say i was very impressed with the way he dealt with the Jarosik situation yesterday :003:

2-3 weeks ago if that had happend, Blackie would have retaliated by smacking and decking the chunt *tbh he would have deserved it* but for Black to sit there and take it yesterday and wait for the referee to sort it out was excellent :021:  :025:

Keep that up Black and you'l win me back over again in time.

Blackie is undoubtedly a very talented footballer and i think has a great future in the game (hopefully with ICT i might add) as long as he learns to control his temper, i was absolutely delighted to see him remain calm regarding the Jarosik incident and hopefully this is the turning point with his recent booking problems.  :025: to Blackie. I have seen in the past Blackie react to much less so to remain calm and not react to Jarosik was pleasing and bodes well for the future, Personally i doubt if i would have remained calm when yon big lad shoved him. :023:

he needs when things annoy him just to take a breath and think. I'd rather have him take out his greivances by scoring a goal or playing a killer pass.

I have no problems with him kicking someone up and down the park all day as long as he doesnt get booked or sent off

RIG there was a most definate kick on the ground from Jarosik.  All credit to Blackie who sat and took it, while watching somebody else get booked for a change.  Jarosik should have seen red though for the kick and shove.

That's what I thought and I could see it from the North Stand! Why didn't the linesman and/or referee do something?

Strange thing was the referee didn't see the incident as he was walking the other way as play continued, the linesman made no signal to him and the fourth official just stood there as if waiting for everything to kick off.

It SHOULD have been a red card, but how the referee became aware that something had happened, let alone know it deserved a card is beyond me.

YOU SHOULD HAVE SENT OFF JAROKICK TOO

IAN BLACK last night launched a blistering verbal attack on Celtic star Jiri Jarosik.

Black was livid after Czech ace Jarosik was shown only a yellow card for kicking then pushing the Inverness midfielder towards the end of Sunday's stormy SPL clash which saw Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink sent off for overcelebrating his last-gasp winner.

Jarosik was clearly caught on live television lashing out at Black as the pair fought for a loose ball just minutes before the deadly Dutchman settled matters in spectacular fashion.

Black said: "There's no doubt in my mind that Jarosik should have been sent off.

"I didn't do anything apart from try to win the ball but he said he felt I'd done something to him.

"He pushed me as well, which nobody seemed to see, so it's just very disappointing.

"Jarosik is a good player but every player has weak points and it spoiled the game from my point of view.

"I really don't know how anyone else didn't see the incident as it was pretty clear."

Black is convinced he would not have got off so lightly had it been him caught kicking an opponent.

The midfield dynamo, who enjoyed a spell at Blackburn, believes the decision to let Jarosik off with a caution is further proof key decisions tend to favour the bigger clubs.

That's something Caley Thistle boss Charlie Christie has complained of recently and Black shares his manager's frustration.

He said: "I'm pretty sure if it had been me who kicked another player like that I'd have been off.

"I think it's fair to say the really big decisions always go in favour of the bigger teams. They probably don't see Inverness in the same sort of light which is very frustrating at times.

"For example, I was sent off against Falkirk recently for two book able offences. I kicked the ball away on both occasions, which I admit was stupid of me. But if officials are acting according to the rules they have to be consistent."

"The Immortal Howden Ender texted me after the game to give me a row for not laying into him but I'm trying to be a good boy now as some of the more effeminate fans are getting upset with all the rough stuff"

Black is adamant Inverness can secure a top-six place provided they keep playing the way they did against Gordon Strachan's champions-elect at the weekend.

The Highlanders host Dundee United in the Scottish Cup this weekend as they attempt to continue their romance with the trophy.

Black said: "Our performance gives us a lot of encouragement for the rest of the season.

"We were gutted to lose the late goal to Celtic because we deserved a draw at least. It says a lot for us that we played so well against a team cruising towards the title.

"We've shown in the past we're capable of matching the best on our day and the top six is still the target.

"Dundee United is a big game this weekend. We've done well in this competition in recent seasons so hopefully we can do the same again."