1 hour ago, Renegade said:

The line up to me looked like - 

Fon Williams

Horner Warren Devine Tremarco

Tansey

Polworth-------------Vigurs

Draper

Roberts---------------------Storey

Draper would often go ahead of Roberts and Storey in order to pressure the Celtic back line, with Storey and Roberts folding back into the wings of the midfield.  Worked really well on the whole and I too was impressed by Vigurs and Horner.  The only change I'd like to see would be Storey and Roberts swapping sides as I think Storey works better on his natural side.  

Having watched the highlights, you're right, of course - Storey was mostly to the left of Roberts. God knows why my addled brain 'remembered' him being more on the right. 

8 hours ago, Renegade said:

Draper would often go ahead of Roberts and Storey in order to pressure the Celtic back line, with Storey and Roberts folding back into the wings of the midfield.  Worked really well on the whole and I too was impressed by Vigurs and Horner.  The only change I'd like to see would be Storey and Roberts swapping sides as I think Storey works better on his natural side.  

Big Drapes movement off the ball is exceptional. He's like an SPL version of Thomas Muller. 

Edited by AlexJones

Heart-breaking!
He's actually getting more of a 'look in' than I expected this season, after signing.
But, he bagged a couple of goals last week in Celtic's Development League game and is proving too good to 'over look'.
I think he'll establish himself as a first-team pick next season.

...that miss by Gary Warren....Oh my! :cry:Think he must have closed his eyes and it came off the side of his head! Did it go for a throw in? He'll be having nightmares about that one for weeks!

Always difficult to judge a game by the highlights, but it looked like we had as many good chances as 'tic. The difference was that Griffiths's finishing was unbelievable. Both of his goals were laser-guided missiles - nothing you can do about that. 

1 minute ago, PerfICT said:

...that miss by Gary Warren....Oh my! :cry:Think he must have closed his eyes and it came off the side of his head! Did it go for a throw in? He'll be having nightmares about that one for weeks!

You and me both!  I had a fiver on him at 13/1 as an anytime scorer:cry:

• Agree 2

We haven't had a composed finisher since Wee Stewarty IMO. while the rest of his game would never be good enough for the Premiership, he had the presence of mind to carry out what is actually a simple skill if you take away the pressure.

Renegade ,I was thinking the exact same thing.

Put Storey back on the right wing and encourage Roberts, who seems to be an aggressive player to get down the left side. Storey can then edge inwards towards the  the goalmouth  when Roberts' crosses come in so that he can one -time any balls missed by their defence. Just a thought.

The one thing that struck me from the highlights though was the amount of time we spent in trying to keep possession--across the field and back and for. Great passing but if we don't get that ball forward we won't put the defence under pressure and we won't score..?:blink:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic