FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Charlie comments on Rory McAllister

Yngwie

Noticed this in a Sunday times article.

"I've noticed a huge turnaround in the last 12 to 18 months in Rory."

"He's got huge assets - great body strength, he's good in the air and a great finisher".

:017: :017: :017:

WTF?? Are we talking about the same player?

Great body strength? He gets blown over by the draught when somenbody runs past him!

Good in the air? I don't think he's ever won an aerial challenge.

Great finisher? So why does he miss most of the chances that are laid on a plate for him?

The problem with Rory is that there has been NO turnaround in the last 12 to 18 months, he hasn't improved at all.

I'm not using this post to have a go at Rory, merely to ask how Charlie can sing the praises of a player who bears no resemblence to the one we see on the pitch all too often.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Why are you boo boys always giving this guy such a dissing? Sounds like he's your most reviled bogeyman figure since Vetle Anderson or Alan Smart. Wasn't so long ago the dummy spitters were bitching about Hastings and Duncan, shows how much they know about football. Give him a break you muppets. :kermit:

Shows how much you know... its all mind games, slagging a player on this site gets results-sometimes, as you say look at Dicky and Russeldinho.

But other players such as Fox and Thompson were never going to make the grade.

I hope Rory comes good, i really do, but what a lot of fans have seen so far has not filled us with confidence.

Guest Sangobeg Jaggie

Upper body strength. If he has it he hides it well. Far afr too easily knocked over and off the ball.He just does not inspire confidence. Please let him make a remarkable change but I just see no evidence of it at all. Still think Morgan is by far a better prospect.

One of CCs comments before the Motherwell game was that Rory had been scoring goals for fun all week in training.

His performances in training must be influencing his decisions to put him on the park. Hopefully one of these days we might see the fruition of the potential that CC obviously sees.

There's a huge leap between banging the goals in at training/reserve matches and banging them in against Celtic.

Sometimes I think we don't appreciate how hard is it for the youngsters to step their game up.

One of our mates from Birmingham came to watch the previous Celtic game and was impressed by him!

He does have some quality moments, but he's so easy to knock off the ball.  

So far I've been disappointed by him, he needs to graft harder and chase rather than arms flapping about.

C'mon Rory - prove us wrong - knock in a 40 yarder against the Arabs! :016:

The exact same things were being said about Bayne 2 seasons ago  :024:

I agree with Caley100 (although I know you were being sarcastic) if MacAllister is going to ever make an impact on the side he needs to build his confidence, he has bagged plenty of goals in the reserves he just needs to transfer that to the first team.  He might not have what it takes but he is not going to become a decent player if the supporters are already writing him off when he has only just started his career, remember he is just 21.