In Dunc I TRUST

Completely agree Scotty, I find it quite astonishing that he hasn’t said a dickie bird since the playoff defeat.

He drops further in my opinion with every passing day we don’t hear from him - he’s not the man for the job and we’re not the club for him.  

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 4

38 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

Completely agree Scotty, I find it quite astonishing that he hasn’t said a dickie bird since the playoff defeat.

He drops further in my opinion with every passing day we don’t hear from him - he’s not the man for the job and we’re not the club for him.  

I don't think he ever was. Just a massively overpaid big name ego booster for our lingering CEO. 

• Agree 9

Can't see Ferguson agreeing to be gagged. At worst he says something that makes him look like a tw**! The performances have already done that and have his managerial career circling the drain. If he says something remotely sensible or even slightly conciliatory or (re)constructive then it's an improvement on what went before. A win-win for him. 

In my head, I imagine his reaction if someone told him to button it would be something like this... 

zzdti176838.jpg

• Like 1

I just think he is so embarrassed at his failure to keep us up he is hiding not the hardman he once was not even an apology for the players and fans after the Hamilton game just shocking.  He has been earning big bucks and will stay and screw as much as he can from the club as money is king to him!  I wish he would crawl away but his contract will be watertight for him so we are stuck with him.

• Agree 3
  • Sad 1

Duncan needs to walk now he is NOT welcome back. As a player he was a fighter and a battler there is no doubt but as a manager he is a serial loser and has about as much tactical awareness as a four by two fence post. 

Dougal 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

On 6/19/2024 at 10:57 PM, IBM said:

I just think he is so embarrassed at his failure to keep us up he is hiding not the hardman he once was not even an apology for the players and fans after the Hamilton game just shocking.  He has been earning big bucks and will stay and screw as much as he can from the club as money is king to him!  I wish he would crawl away but his contract will be watertight for him so we are stuck with him.

Another milestone round our club till he’s gone. Put aside the disaster of the pitch, this person as manager got us relegated. He was quickly found out at Forest Green (and got heaved). Our Board (SG ) couldn’t resist media hype and short term deflection over hard facts and gambled the lot on DF keeping us in the 2nd division. He was found out quickly and we were relegated to division 3.  
His subsequent inaction and attitude in dealing with the players leaving (dumped), is nothing short of ignorance, disrespect and incompetence. 

I know we’re stuck with DF thanks again to SG, as we can’t afford to offload him. DF hasn’t the humility, embarrassment or respect (care) to see he failed or can go anywhere else because of his track record, so F&#k the fans, it’s all about saving his own skin (sound familiar)? 

I for one have lost faith in DF as a manager. I know we have greater battles to immediately overcome and it’s one step at a time. It’s all down to result as we know, so let’s see where the team are in the league in dec this year. 

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

Well said, Big Cherly.  I have no respect for Ferguson.  During this very difficult time for the club he had a particular duty of care to keep his squad of players as informed as he could.  To hear so many players say they have heard nothing from anybody at the club is truly shameful and it is Ferguson, as team manager, who had the prime responsibility for this.  It is unforgivable.  

Unfortunately we are stuck with him for the time being.  I hope that when his contract is up it is not renewed, regardless of how successful he may be in turning things around.  And I hope that he is successful, both for the the players' sakes and for the club's.  It is very much in Ferguson's own interest to reflect on his behaviour and change his ways.  If he can do that and show a bit more success on the pitch, he may still have a future in football management.  Just, not here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Now it is clear Ferguson & Bollan  remain as management team, folks should not forget he had 30+ games to keep us up……. And didn’t!, Took in numerous loanees who were no better than what we had, got rid of, or sent on loan good players who would have fought hard for our Championship survival. Then just when you need a manger to be vocal and take control in relegation ( for which he must shoulder responsibility ) and potential administration, he goes silent, doesn’t even speak with players  or football staff out of professional courtesy, to then sign his own son, is beyond belief !!!!!! People say we can’t afford to get rid of him………… can we afford to keep him!!!!! Get Him Gone!

• Agree 7
  • Well Said 3

6 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

The silence from Dunc is both shocking and embarrassing. I know that he may have to toe the "Gardiner" line but I can't believe that he in any way could accept the Doran situation. Dunc the fearless lion appears to have become the cowardly lion ☹️

He has shown himself to be neither a good football coach nor a manager. Even on reduced wages he is not worth it. Get him gone! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

A lot of anger towards Dunc but oddly Bollan seems to get off lightly with our fans. Don't forget he's had previous experience at the lower levels of Scottish football. So he's either just a yes man too afraid to question or too incompetent to support effectively. Either way he needs 'in the bin'

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

3 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

A lot of anger towards Dunc but oddly Bollan seems to get off lightly with our fans. Don't forget he's had previous experience at the lower levels of Scottish football. So he's either just a yes man too afraid to question or too incompetent to support effectively. Either way he needs 'in the bin'

Oh agree totally but at the end of the day Dunc is the manager so should carry the can 

• Agree 3

In this age of oppressed budgets, I wonder if an assistant manager isn’t a luxury we can afford. Most teams have them, but surely using that wage for boots on the field is likely to get better results?? Get the Captain whoever they are to take training and do the duties maybe. Others on here will know more about if it’s possible I’m sure.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

In this age of oppressed budgets, I wonder if an assistant manager isn’t a luxury we can afford. Most teams have them, but surely using that wage for boots on the field is likely to get better results?? Get the Captain whoever they are to take training and do the duties maybe. Others on here will know more about if it’s possible I’m sure.

Currently we have a manager, assistant manager, coach ( Scot Kellagher),& Goal keeping coach. I do wonder what value they provide in league 1.All have a cost and all necessary I’m sure ????????🤪??????????

1 hour ago, CaleyCiuin said:

Currently we have a manager, assistant manager, coach ( Scot Kellagher),& Goal keeping coach. I do wonder what value they provide in league 1.All have a cost and all necessary I’m sure ????????🤪??????????

If we needed a GK coach surely it would have made sense to offer something to Mark Ridgers. A developmental move into coaching while still playing with us.