Board Meeting

2 hours ago, ictchris said:

It's also not as though relegation came as a huge surprise.  Not having something prepared is pathetic.

It makes me think that we are going to go into administration to be honest.

I do too. Its ominous 

4 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I do too. Its ominous 

I passed the stadium 30 mins ago, Boardroom well lit up and plenty of white shirts milling about, The Admin thing is likely.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, STFU said:

Anyone taking bets on them having got rid of the web/social media person and all now sitting around scratching their heads wondering how they put a statement out?

It would come as a surprise to me if they got rid of the web/social media person as I didn't realise they had one in the first place.  The website is still listing Liam Delgarno as a Director despite the fact that he resigned from the Board in December.

Posted (edited)

Staying full-time is a hugely positive first step.  We now need to hear what the restructuring looks like but it absolutely must involve a new manager and the exit of the CEO.  

Edited by ymip
  • Agree 8
  • Well Said 2

Great news about staying full time (but will obviously be a much smaller squad and cheaper players).

No mention of retaining the youth set-up so I presume that will be axed as part of the cost cutting measures.

That non-statement statement is utter shi*e and says NOTHING except a desire to buy time to see what they can say, or to see emotions die down. Gentlemen - that emotion and sentiment will NOT die down. 

• Agree 9
  • Well Said 5

Must be fantastically creative with their sums to be pressing on full-time, on the back of the last two seasons losses.

There may be some additional capital entering into the mix, one wonders what strings will be attached and to whom.

• Agree 1

It is, of course, encouraging that we are to stay full time, but that statement is both pathetic and patronising.  There is nothing of relevance in it which could not have been pre-prepared and issued a minute after the final whistle.  There were people weeping in the stands on Saturday and they have had to wait 3 full days for any kind of comment from the club.  And when comment comes, the Chairman has the gall to suggest that the fans' commitment to the club is an inspiration to the Board.  Pull the other one!  The  72 hour delay in putting anything out to the fans was absolutely shameful and demonstrates just how little they care about the supporters.  

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 6

Ach, this day was on the cards for some 18-24 months. The years were catching up on me but I still took pleasure in going to watch ICT! The enjoyment was getting less and less as the off field antics dominated the agenda and direction the club was going. Didn’t mind loosing as long as the team tried and represented the city and area.
I didn’t get a season ticket this season as the football over the past few seasons was brain numbing at times.  I also didn’t trust or believe any more what was coming from the Chairman or the CEO. A consequence of the above was I picked only the games I wished to attend. 

I somewhat expected us to loose to Hamilton and personally accepted being relegated hoping a watershed would be reached and we could look to maybe a simpler (straight and engaging) relationship with the fans and club going forward. 
The statement issued by the club simply looks like more of the same smoke and mirrors and leads me to reluctantly question their true motives and direction for the club.

So by best wishes to the Supporters Trust and all ICT fans going forward. 

• Like 2