Gardiner has resigned

The chief executive of Inverness Caley Thistle, Scot Gardiner, has resigned but remains with the club for the time being to work his notice period, according to board member Graeme Bennett.

Mr Bennet said: “Listen, Scot has had a fair bit of grief and stress through the relegation process but we need to stick together and find a way out of this – everybody has to pull together for the sake of the club.

“Scot Gardiner has resigned but I have asked to help us out and he was good today at a meeting of the staff, he is working his notice and doing everything he can for Caley Thistle.”

He added that no interim-chairman has yet been appointed either because given the current predicament nobody wants the job while it is not one he seeks for himself.

“Nobody really wants that mantle,” he said. “I am a director, ex-player, etc – I just want to do my best for the club and it is very hard to entice people to join the hierarchy given the predicament we are in. It is not my forte.” - Inverness Courier 

• Thank You 1

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

Still a long way to go but I am back to fully supporting the club and hope we can survive in some form. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

Glad he is gone, should’ve happened the day after relegation, but also glad he is working his notice because there is a complete void in the club now, so fair play in that respect. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Excellent news. I'm glad the boss -eyed weasel has gone. Very good of him to work his notice. He could do that from home and as far away from our club as is possible. I wouldn't allow that orange rat anywhere near the club now.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Hearach said:

Wonder what the meeting of the staff was about?

I’d assume it would be to brief them on the CEO’s resignation and the content of the statement before it was released so they didn’t see it in the media, here or on social media.

If I’m right, it is a good sign about those remaining in charge wanting to treat staff properly. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Robert said:

I’d assume it would be to brief them on the CEO’s resignation and the content of the statement before it was released so they didn’t see it in the media, here or on social media.

If I’m right, it is a good sign about those remaining in charge wanting to treat staff properly. 

Oh well there’s a first for everything!!

• Agree 1

We did not continue player sponsorship last season mainly because of this man.  This site has sponsored a player for the last 25+ years, either personally by me out of my own pocket for the first few years, or via a group of the users on here, or sometimes both. We always tried to sponsor young local lads as they sometimes did not get the same attention as bigger names. We are proud to have sponsored Grant Munro through his entire ICT career, from youngster on the bench to club captain until he left ICT, and until last year, had been doing the same thing with Cammy Harper who it seems will unfortunately (for us but not him hopefully) take the same path and leave ICT.  

Once it has been confirmed that SG has handed his keys over and left the building for the last time, then we will be happy to have that conversation with the club about reinstating sponsorship of one or more players and will try to get as many people on board with it as we did before, provided the club are keen to work with all supporter groups and bodies (Supporters Trust, TWS, CTO, Travel Club, and anyone else) so we can all pull in one direction for the good and benefit of ICT FC.  

#TogetherNESS #INverNESS

• Like 10
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 6

1 hour ago, Hearach said:

Wonder what the meeting of the staff was about?

Anxiety amongst staff and contracted players or those whose contracts are due to expire shortly will be very worrying. The fear of losing your job, the fear of redundancy is debilitating. We have been pre-occupied with the fans position but for example, if you are a player who has had friends who have been through administration you would want to know your rights. Whilst your agent can also help you would expect your employer to provide information too.

• Like 2
  • Well Said 3

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We did not continue player sponsorship last season mainly because of this man.  This site has sponsored a player for the last 25+ years, either personally by me out of my own pocket for the first few years, or via a group of the users on here, or sometimes both. We always tried to sponsor young local lads as they sometimes did not get the same attention as bigger names. We are proud to have sponsored Grant Munro through his entire ICT career, from youngster on the bench to club captain until he left ICT, and until last year, had been doing the same thing with Cammy Harper who it seems will unfortunately (for us but not him hopefully) take the same path and leave ICT.  

Once it has been confirmed that SG has handed his keys over and left the building for the last time, then we will be happy to have that conversation with the club about reinstating sponsorship of one or more players and will try to get as many people on board with it as we did before, provided the club are keen to work with all supporter groups and bodies (Supporters Trust, TWS, CTO, Travel Club, and anyone else) so we can all pull in one direction for the good and benefit of ICT FC.  

#TogetherNESS #INverNESS

I will certainly sign up. As highlighted at the Fans Meetings, this is one of the areas that the Supporters Trust has told the club that it is happy to help with if that would be of assistance. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Anxiety amongst staff and contracted players or those whose contracts are due to expire shortly will be very worrying. The fear of losing your job, the fear of redundancy is debilitating. We have been pre-occupied with the fans position but for example, if you are a player who has had friends who have been through administration you would want to know your rights. Whilst your agent can also help you would expect your employer to provide information too.

Probably a chance that some of those people will be away on holiday with family etc (possibly not even in the country) given its only just over 2 wks since the season finished - finding out information through platforms such as this or social media wont help any anxiety either.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

#TogetherNESS #INverNESS

I personally sponsored a player and Supporters Travel Club did likewise. As Scotty says, once SG has left the building we will be continuing this.

• Agree 2

I've bought a Euromillions ticket and if it comes up I want Immortal Howden Ender in as Chairman 👍

• Thank You 1
  • Funny 1

Resigned but still employed at the moment by the club !. Something smells bad  about this to me . Needs to leave before I commit to buying this seasons season ticket . No way am I buying whilst the club are still paying this guy wages . An official statement by the board would be a start but not holding my breath . Same old boardroom antics it’s getting tiresome .

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Mee said:

I've bought a Euromillions ticket and if it comes up I want Immortal Howden Ender in as Chairman 👍

I’ve always vowed that if I ever won the lottery, I’d help ICT. I started buying tickets recently and would you believe it, I won! I am now in a position to buy the club, and then treat myself to a pie or two with the change.

IMG_0054.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

12 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I’ve always vowed that if I ever won the lottery, I’d help ICT. I started buying tickets recently and would you believe it, I won! I am now in a position to buy the club, and then treat myself to a pie or two with the change.

IMG_0054.jpeg

Aye well, you're the highest bidder so far!

Could the club release shares to raise a bit of cash? Not sure how that might work?

As I indicated earlier someone has to carry out key administrative duties. If both the Chairman and CEO had walked at the same time who would have the Company Secretarial skills or knowledge? As others have indicated Gardiner is entitled to serve his contracted notice or be paid for it.  Gordy Fyffe will doing press releases. They are normally just good news stories but recent ones have been toned down. Graham B now seems to be the Board's spokesperson. In order to provide comfort for the fans and staff, it would be useful to know Gardiner's last day of employment (assuming new buyers or investors do not materialise pretty quickly and bring in their own person).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mee said:

Are you mad woman????? 😆

He would build a jetty opposite the stadium, Open a beachcomber bar and call it 'Johnnies'

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, caley100 said:

He would build a jetty opposite the stadium, Open a beachcomber bar and call it 'Johnnies'

Improving the matchday experience already 😀

• Funny 3