FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Latest signings news

Alex MacLeod

Not quite true. Ike Fraser has also made the grade. Others have regular spots, just not with us. I also expect Zander to be more prominent next season. And Vigurs and MacDonald could also be in there.

How many actually come through the OF systems and get regular slots in their first team?

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

It's always risky giving players short contracts. If Sutherland has a good season next year we'll probably lose him for nothing.

The sad fact is that in well over ten years only Grant Munro has come through our youth system to be a first team regular. Not good enough.

Considering the very minimal investment the club has made over the last 10 years, I would consider one player (Grant) to be a very good return and two players (+ Ikey) exceptional value.

It's always risky giving players short contracts. If Sutherland has a good season next year we'll probably lose him for nothing.

Is it the case if a player is under 24 years the club is entitled to compensation?

Not quite true. Ike Fraser has also made the grade. Others have regular spots, just not with us. I also expect Zander to be more prominent next season. And Vigurs and MacDonald could also be in there.

How many actually come through the OF systems and get regular slots in their first team?

Did Fraser not come from Brora Rangers?

No, Ikey has been with ICT since he was 13.

No, Ikey has been with ICT since he was 13.

'Mon the youth system!  :003: :clapping03:

it was ritchie who came from Brora

Rangers:

Stevie Smith, Alan Hutton, Barry Ferguson, Chris Burke, Alan Macgregor, Charlie Adam

Celtic:

Stephen Macmanus, John KENNEDY, Darren O dea, Craig Beattie, Aiden Mcgeady, Rocco Quinn ??, (Shaun Maloney) David Marshall - (not so much now)

Not many in all fairness considering the resources and facilities that both clubs have.

Rangers:

Stevie Smith, Alan Hutton, Barry Ferguson, Chris Burke, Alan Macgregor, Charlie Adam

Celtic:

Stephen Macmanus, John KENNEDY, Darren O dea, Craig Beattie, Aiden Mcgeady, Rocco Quinn ??, (Shaun Maloney) David Marshall - (not so much now)

Not many in all fairness considering the resources and facilities that both clubs have.

The number of players through those particular youth systems should be far greater than that number.  Although I suppose Celtic can afford to let the likes of Shay Given slip through their greasy, tatty munching fingers.