FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rory McAllister v Garry Wood

Bronson

Mrs PB make you what..................pregnant. :029:

The thoughts I was referring to were the audible thoughts emanating from the crowd and not aimed at you :blah01:

but if the cap fits, wear it :023:

If he is not good enough he won't need us to tell him in front of  the rest of the team, he will know himself, it's not his fault he gets picked for the team.

It might not be his fault he's in the team...but he can bl**dy well do something to prove how he got there!  Fecked if I know!

Hart was given a fair bit of stick too about "that Rockness Incident", which I felt was a bit off, especially when the lads only yards away and trying to defend a friggin corner!

Wood seems to b a lot better than Rory who to me is pish he can at times look ok but is pushed of the ball to easily and scored against Dunfermline from a deflected shot. He does have power behind the ball when shoting and some early bad games i think makes him nervous. I would prefer Wood do get his chance in the first team this season.

How can anyone say Wood seems better. He's never played in SPL. Maybe he'll clam up just like Rory.

Rory has a far better scoring record in the reserves. I hope Rory gets it together this season and proves the hecklers and armchair managers wrong. I also hope Wood gets a chance to show what he is capable of.

The other thing I cant quite grasp is how can you judge the lad so negatively when he's only had ten starts in the three years we've been in this league and scored four goals. To judge on the numerous ten minute spells as a sub is pathetic. It takes any player that time to get into the swing of the game.

Dont get me wrong. I can get as frustrated as anyone with players and I'd be the first to complain if I thought the lad had no talent. But he does and will come good.

Guest TinCanFan

Rory has an excellent opportunity to prove all his doubters wrong (me included) at the weeekend.

How many times did we say that last season ? The boys has had plenty chances to impress and has failed to do so on the large majority of occasions !

That's still no reason to boo him and laugh at him from the sidelines.

Alex, I hope he does prove the doubters wrong and with the Niculae work permit saga and MacDonald out with his ankle knock he may well get a further chance to do just that.  However, at this level 10 games is more than most players would get to prove themselves and Rory, IMO, hasn't ceased that opportunity as well as I had hoped he would having seen what I believed to have been a very promising player when viewed in reserve matches.

Maybe the threat of some additional competition up front will give him the kick up the butt he needs to kick start a better season and he will start to shine a bit more than he has in the past.  I believe he has the talent, it's just very frustrating to see him wasting it so often.

As for those who choose to shout "abuse" at him from the stands, I agree that is out of order.  I don't always agree with the 11 men CC chooses to put on the pitch and I may have the odd "that was crap" shout/comment to make but I would never go out of my way to heckle any of our own and I certainly wouldn't boo them.

I completely agree with Alex MacLeod--give the man a break!

C' mannnnnnnnnnnn,  as they say in Canada,  give the guy a break.

We have sure had our say about Rory. and I think it is time to lay off and cheer the young man when he is on the ball--maybe he will try harder , be more determined and get stuck in-a-boorit.

If we do, but he does not, then CC should try someone else. After all  these players are being paid very good money to perform and in the world of reality if he does not then should be re-assigned until he becomes more mature, more agggressive, more energetic and more determined to succeed. :018:

I take on board your points, but how much time do you give someone?

When is enough enough?

For me - it's now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rory isn't cutting it, isn't hungry and certainly isn't fighting hard to keep his place.

Zander on the other hand..........

To be honest Rory does not help himself very much in the effort department, would he endear himself more with the fans if he looked like tried harder?

He certainly seems very static quite a lot of the time, i know you will say he's not a Bayne type player but he has the acceleration of a double decker bus with flat tyres..   time as they say, will tell.

Actually I think Rory does chase after the ball more than some people think. However, the times when he does appear to "give up" are when he has lost the ball at a crucial point in the attack which annoys a lot of players. He needs to try and kick that bad habit and try and win back the ball at all times.

The comparison with Bayne is a very good one. I would even throw Keogh into that mix. Both players came to us as strikers but neither are/were prolific and in Keogh's case he ended up becoming a midfielder before being released in the end ..... but our fans love(d) both. Why ? EFFORT !!!

If Rory can't put in the effort (which seems to be a bit of a consensus), then the fans are not going to sit back and take it lightly. I know he is a young lad, a bright prospect etc etc etc .... but those excuses wore thin a long time ago. A striker who can't score goals (and the stats prove it) and also looks like he isn't trying is a luxury we cant afford and Charlie pretty much only has two choices - keep the lad and maybe send him out on loan to find his scoring boots, or ditch him because he's just not going to make it.