FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alan Morgan

Guest eliza

I rate Alan Morgan quite highly, but believe that he is not in favour either with the Doc or CC or some reason.

I feel he should be given a chance, also what about Markus - he scored in each of his first two games but still has to be given a real chance to show his worth.

However, my best bet is still Zander - he is definitely one for the future - anyone agree?  A great wee Jinky style winger, with character, flair and lots of potential?

Morgan has good skills but seems to lack effort - he is good on the left when he applies himself but being behind Mcbain, Rankin & Paatelainen in the pecking order may not motivate him very well

Paatelainen will be good this season both in providing decent crosses and pitching in with the odd goal. Used sparingly last season, I think we will see more of him this year but probably as a sub as McBain or Rankin would seem to be Charlie's choice for the left side.

Zander is a really exciting prospect (to be used wisely rather than over-used, I would hope). Like Markus, I think we will see Zander as a sub,coming on for Barry as he tires in the second half. Give Barry a nod to work his socks of for 60 minutes, then let Zander come on and terrorise teams for the las 30 mins.

Morgan looked good against Inverurie I thought. Got forward well, defended strongly and I think it was him that set up the equaliser for us.

I agree about Marcus by the way. Not that he is a bad player but I don't think he is as good as a lot of folk make out. Will be interesting to see what happens with both next season.

Have to say I rate Morgan highly.  Under Brewster he played a fair number of games and got good praise for his performances.  I think he's an intelligent player who knows when to hold onto the ball and he's direct, like Barry Wilson, when running with the ball at his feet.  Maybe if he applied himself a bit more he would oust McBain who doesn't really do much on the pitch in my opinion.

Ah Zander reminds of Caley's left sided winger Wilson Robertson.  Exciting to watch when he has the ball at his feet, determined and never gives up.  You could see the skill and tricks he has on Saturday when he beat tinks with a little jink and step over.  Think this is going to be a big season for him especially as he's only under contract for another year!