FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MOTHERWELL V ICT

Scotty

We can't have a centre half that can't head a ball and Caff bottled it on a few occasions today and his positioning leading up to the penalty decision was the problem.  If I was pointing a finger it would be at the the centre of defence and although Munro had a poor game by his standards he seemed to be doing all the work in the middle and that probably lead to his frustration. 

I don't see how you can have a go at IHE for blaming the new guy when we total your posts re McAllister over the last week.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would say that the moral of this thread is that there is a sense of splitting off the park as well as on it. That may well be the result of two losses and higher expectancies but furthers my intuition that summat is wrong. I am entitled to my opinion, which is usualyy proved rite  :rotflmao: but others are entitled to theirs. Throughout the last few hours I have been trying to share my genuine concerns and asking others to challenge me.

The outcome, as often is , that time only itself will tell.

Me - I am going to be at the next four league games and will shout maself feckin hoarse in support fer the game - and give it laldy otherwise.

IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER  :symbol_question:

Possibly, I think 3 of our players could have been at fault.  Need to see the replay but the problem started from Caff being turned too easily and giving up the chase, Munro tried to match Clarkson's (?) run and went in for a stupid lunge because he didn't have the pace... Clarkson fell over making no attempt to get the football and conned the ref but to be fair Munro made it easy for him.. a complete shambles

I've seen nothing in the highlights to suggest that Rossco being out of position cost us anything in that game.  I know it's only the highlights, but if you watch, every opportunity other than the penalty came from them attacking down our left side.  Hastings was giving Motherwell far too much space over there and it was only a matter of time before they were going to score from a ball played in from that area.

Even leading up to the penalty, had Rossco been there then he would have been covering the wider player.  Caff was actually covering the man and was first off the mark, but decided to stop and leave the chasing to Munro  :017: 

I also think Fraser should have been out and easily had that ball.  If nothing else he should have been moving to tighten the angle but he appeared glued to the spot until it was too late.  As a result Munro had no option but to attempt the challenge and even though pretty soft, I think their was plenty in it to merit the penalty.

If the guy had had the ball at his feet and under close control it would have been a penalty IMHO. However, the highlights show that he had lost it before the tackle pulled him down so.......?

Interesting thread  this one.

I also saw theTokeley patting his hands in a calming gesture after he scored and wondered why. It was  as if  he was saying--now don't go totally bananas  here because it was nothing really, just what you would expect from me ........... :001:

Marius took a while to get into the game, and he had a few bad touches.  Just missing some match fitness, as soon as he gets that he should be a good addition, a bit lazy.  Wyness had a good game, but started to tire. 

Sickening to lose that late goal, but that's football.  We were 100x better this week then last week.

Agreed on both points EWS although I thought the game changed progressively as Denzil and Marius were subbed though. Even if they weren't troubling the Motherwell keeper terribly much at least they were holding the ball further up the field and bringing others into the game. I'm afraid Graham Bain and Deano chased shadows when they came on. Quite significant that Rosscoe - a defender - should score the goal.

I'm not discouraged by the performance, however. If we will play enough games like that (especially with our first half performance) we will get all the points. The defence melted as the game finished but I would still give the same four another game so that they can prove that they can give us 90 minutes (or maybe that should be 91) of concetration.

Our support wasn't big but we seemed to make a lot more noise than the home support for much of the game.

Final thoughts on the crowd of 4,269. Seems like Motherwell have the same ability to under-count as County have in over-counting when it comes to crowd figures!!  :rolleyes02:

cant see the feckin highlights - must be blocked for us overseas types again !

Try experimenting with Google translation, I know folk can use it to bypass country restrictions on rapidshare and megaupload etc, it might just work for this too?  :003:

Munro is claiming in the papers that he never made contact; if he didn't it must have been very close and you can't blame the ref for giving the penalty as even looking at the replay time and again it's impossible to tell for certain either way.

Regardless of that, he shouldn't have had to be making the challenge as the more I watch it the more convinced I am that Caff should have been on the play ahead of Munro and Fraser should have been off his line and had it covered.  They didn't and it was left to Munro, his instinct as a defender is to get between the ball and the goal and that's what he did, you could argue it was safe and he shouldn't have committed himself, but had the ball landed in the back of the net as a result then we'd all be on here chastising him for not sticking a foot into prevent it.

He wasn't on his post Alex.  In fact watching it again, he actually had to run backwards as the ball came through.  If he had gone forwards instead he would have easily been able to collect it.  At the time of the tackle they were still about 8 yards out from the goal so the angle wasn't that tight.

Think we may have to agree to disagree and when push comes to shove Fraser shouldn't be having to face situations like that, especially when you have 2 defenders covering the man who's threatening the goal.

If Mikey had attacked the ball - Granty could have headed towards the goal. Mike is a very promising young goalkeeper learning his trade - as I said before slightly better than Brown at the same stage. He will improve and I suppose the goalkeeping coach has picked up what the rest of us have.

To be fair to Hastings Well had a wide player on the right throughout whilst Rosscoe was left free for long periods. Duncan and Cowie did do a lot of holding and covering for him - they didnt seem to complain so it could have been tactical - but I felt that he continued to drift after he had scored. All Wells' play was mainly directed down the left or through the middle.