FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bennett confirms Brewster shortlisted

Yngwie

Quick summary of Scotsport interview :

- hope to announce new manager end of this week

- need to move fast because of transfer window

- Brewster is very much in the frame and will be there or thereabouts when the final decision is made

Done deal?

Fer fecks sake - of course it is a done deal. It was practically agreed at the end of last season. And then - hey presto - Park disappears and in comes Shearer.

So that means that it will be announced either just after the game or on Sunday morning. THIS STINKS.

THIS STINKS.

Well the prospect of relegation to a highly competitive SFL1 with a huge drop in income smells like sh1t to me.

Before the game, after the game, whatever. Let's get Brewster in sharpish so he can register as a player and get some feckin points on the board!

Oh - I actually think that Brewster and Shearer will preserve our SPL status but I bet the subject of Niculae was high on the agenda. It is the manner in which it has happened that sticks in the throat and IMHO will leave a bad taste for a long time to come. Just empahsises that football is a cut throat business these days with no room fer sentiment or loyalty.

Why does Parkie have to leave?  Why can't we have what many teams have now and have 3 on the bench.  If we get rid of Donald Park it will be a massive error in judgement.

Incidentally, to add to the the conspiracy theories, anyone wonder why CC didn't wait until Savage came back from his trip before resigning?

I don't think Bennett was confirming anything. Andy Wa*ker said to him "A lot of fans would like to see Craig Brewster back", and I think he was just responding to that - he said he was in the frame but also mentioned Robertson and Pele. He could hardly say "I think those fans must need their heads examined".  :001:

The guy leaves us in the lurch and we could possibly accept him back.......fekin joke!! :008:

Oh well, hardly a surprise, the old manager is hardly out the door and Smee is already switching his dislike to the new one.

I'm scared I'll succumb to the dark side as well if either Brew or Robbo return  :007:

I'd be disappointed to see Brewster return. His managerial shortcomings were exposed at Tannadice.

I think not. Levein got all sorts of support unavailable to Brew. Just like when Calderwood came to Pittodrie. They try and do it on the cheap and then realise that managerial quality costs. Unlike players there are far fewer bargains.

I would have the old Pele back in a flash, but I fear he may not be up for it any more.

I read on P & B that Joe Miller was rumoured to be a candidate.

Although it is a rumour if some of the names turned out to be serious contenders for the job I'd seriously question what the **** ICT are playing at.

The guy leaves us in the lurch and we could possibly accept him back.......fekin joke!! :008:

Oh well, hardly a surprise, the old manager is hardly out the door and Smee is already switching his dislike to the new one.

I reserve the right to express my opinion every bit as much as you or anyone else. Evidently, it apears I am not alone in my reluctance to take back brewster. I have no time for anyone that leaves us in the ****, regardless of the opportunity. Also, I dont much fancy returning to the tactical niavety of brewster and his obliviousness to what is actually going on in a game....let alone the 5 minute substitutes. I didnt "dislike" Charlie, i dissaproved of his appointment for reasons which sadly proved well founded, theres a big difference