FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

employment leglislation and ICT's manager selection

kiltarlity

Anyone know anything about employment legislation..?

What is the  correct legal  procedure for appointing a new football team manager.?

Do football clubs have different rules to say....  a office management vacancy?

I only ask because I think I remember when I worked in the NHS.. you had to do things like:

Advertise the vacancy properly.  Set a closing date allowing candidates time to apply. etc...

The whole process took time. It certainly wasn't something that I thought could be done in a few days..

G

The process from initial contact, initial interview, selection and appointment took THREE months.

Brew has been in touch with Grassa ever since CC started getting jittery. Hence the quick tunraround, hence the lack of tapping up accusations from the seagulls, hence the "management escape" clause in Brew's Dons contract, hence Brew not selling his house in Town, hence the confidence in putting up a token "consultation" exercise - if Brew was the people's choice you have a mandate, if not, so what?

It is easy to put these things to gether after the event. All good business practice though.

All hail the returning legend! Top 6 here we come!!

The club almost certainly met any requirements. e.g. advertising the job externally (i.e. outside the confine of the clubs) holding interviews (they may well has interviewed several "candidates"). The fact they already knew who they were going to hire before they set out was neither here nor there.  There will  be many many employers who do the same thing, know who they are going to employ before they advertise the job and tailor the job description/requirements accordingly.