FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Too Many Strikers Now as Well?

davieB

I'm assuming Brewster will resume the player manager role again.

So we'll have Brewster, Wyness, Niculae, Bayne, McDonald, McAlllister, Wood all fighting for two places up front. Aye, I know two are youngsters, but it seems a bit excessive.

We know we've got a 1001 midfielders, and it's been said that one/two will have to move on before any new defenders are brought in.

Looks like a similar situation developing up front.

Guest kingkojak

So we'll have Brewster, Wyness, Niculae, Bayne, McDonald, McAlllister, Wood all fighting for two places up front. Aye, I know two are youngsters, but it seems a bit excessive.

bayne and rory dont really count!

Am I not right iin saying brewster used to play as a defender in his younger days? perhaps he may be able to help fill the boid at the back. Caff certainly isnt cutting it this season, and with hastngs havins a wee injury at the moment, i dont think we can afford to keep mcbain at the back for much longer.

Too many target men, not to many strikers... Niculae and Brewster are both extremely similar players, best with their back to goal and are left footed.. Bayne and McCallister are runners but what we really need is a proper striker i.e. Dargo (hopefully Deano is up to it but looks more of a winger from with what I've seen so far) If I were Brew the first 2 signings I'd make would be a centre half and a nippy striker that can play along the offside line and poach in the six yard box

bayne and rory dont really count!

ARE YOU TAKING THE F#&KING C#@=-*G P?$S!!  i almost take that as personal abuse, which isnt allowed on here anymore!  bayne and nicolae will come good, our best strike partnership since the bingham-hislop days

the gills fans seem to think that macdonald cant run, they say that over the first 4-5 yards he was the slowest player theyd ever seen (but capable over a longer distance), they all claim his only unique attribute was his near perfect first time shot.  i think he'll turn out to be a dud whenever he gets a run in the first team

dennis 'jesus saves' wyness was never going to be good enough in the spl, only in a front three where he has more than one option or provider will he do anything, think he'd be immense given more time on the ball which im sad to say will never happen.

rory and gary are the unknown quantities, garys getting some excellent experience in a competitive team (something the rest of our squad would love atm) and will return to us in full confidence.  now rorys dad is back on the books he may well get a better game out of him, brewster will tell him exactly how to play and if he was ever going to make it then nows his chance.  since brewster left, rory hasnt moved forward an inch

for me, id stick with bayne and nicolae, especially away to hibs and celtic where we will likely need to harass their defense to avoid constant pressure, the more games they get together the better, dont think either player will excel as a sub.  its a partnership i like the look of a lot, hasnt born fruit yet but if the rest of the team need inspiration then baynes work rate should provide it, plenty have talked about the effect of brew on rory and marius but baynes got as much to gain as any of them

Guest Arab4Ever

That McDonald looks too small to be a footballer, he was getting knocked off the ball to easily and quickly to have a chance to do much with it.