FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Free Bus to and from the Stadium

FuriousGeorge

Something has become really noticeable this season. The free bus that goes from the Stadium to the Bus Station has always had good numbers of away fans hitching a ride. Normally that is fine & we get a bit of craic with the visitors. However, it's now gotten pretty bad. The worst of verbal abuse, insulting songs and a pretty threatening atmosphere makes the trip an ordeal for us home fans. God knows what parents with kids must feel about this? I don't know of any other SPL club that lays on a free bus for travelling fans. Should the club insist that the driver only allows home fans with season tickets/home ticket stubs to get on?

After all it's our money that's paying for the bus!

Sure, an admirable position. Let's do the away fans a real favour - and let them walk.

Meantime, I know the regulars who get the bus really appreciate the gesture from the club, and it would be a shame if dads with kids and older fans start shying away from using the facility just because of the hassle factor.

The bus is fine as it as at the moment. i don't mind a spot of banter with the away fans on the bus after the game. a good ol' sing song is always good craic. The motherwell fans were actin like erses though last saturday on the bus. A few of them thought they were the nails with all their casual gear on but were really a bunch of  :tic01:

A thread on this very subject already exists as it was raised after the Motherwell game.

I have been in touch with Angela Wilson at the club, and she says that Rapson's - it is their responsibility - are investigating a ticketing system. You can only get a return ticket by getting on the outgoing bus. Seems not much of an answer to anything.

The problem is not our well behaved fans hitching a ride back, but the central belt tubes jumping on. The police are required, imho.

In previous seasons I would have totally agreed - a chance to blether to the away fans about the game, the season, and what's going on at their club. However, there's been zero chance to do that so far this season as the bus seems to getting hijacked by the nutter element who are intent on havin a square go and winding up us Caley fans. Even the decent away fans are unable to persuade them to shut the f**k up. If they can't self-police I reckon they should all be barred. There are old men, older women, and guys with young kids that will soon stop using the bus if this continues. Wouldn't blame them.

Doing nothing isn't an option.

There were apparently a few Motherwell "casuals" up the other weekend for the game so it might have big these giant fannies you had the displeasure of sharing a bus with. I had to get the train back to Aberdeen with some of them. It wasn't enjoyable.

Most of the time the Away fans are good crack (I don't count the Old Firm) and I bet this was just a one off?

I was at the club for a meeting today and the subject of the bus was mentioned briefly.  The club have listened to the concerns raised by those who got in contact directly and are aware of the comments made on here.  The issue is being taken seriously and I believe they are looking to take steps to prevent future problems.

I and serveral others would have liked to get on it but had no ticket Small us2 would not be happy at the idea of waiting for a bus to come to the stadium pre match just to get a ticket, as we would miss the pre match stuff. I have often thought that there should be a bus route that runs around to the ground via the harbour and back as we are not in town, especially with the new companies arriving in the area.  Still it wasn't raining after the match and its not that far if you are young and mobile, but in my oppinion if its a free bus its a free bus for everyone. I was on the last one and yes it was rowdy but its not usually that bad.

Guest CaleyJaggy

Why not just get the bus out to the stadium before hand, it gets out there at about 25 past 2 so your not going to miss anything anyway?

The ticketing system on Saturday worked ok. The bus was clearly marked 'Home Fans Only' and you were only allowed on the bus back into town if you had travelled on it to go to the stadium at 2.15.

The only slight niggle I had was that there were three pre-teen kids who weren't allowed on the return trip as they must have either walked out or been dropped off.

It seemed a shame they couldn't get on. The driver must have been under orders not to exercise any discretion -  :029:  maybe this will ease over time, and common sense will prevail to everyone's gain. 

The only slight niggle I had was that there were three pre-teen kids who weren't allowed on the return trip as they must have either walked out or been dropped off. It seemed a shame they couldn't get on. The driver must have been under orders not to exercise any discretion -  :029:  maybe this will ease over time, and common sense will prevail to everyone's gain. 

may seem like a shame but you cant have it both ways. There was a problem, the club and the bus company appear to have listened and put a mechanism in place that may solve the problem and if these kids walked or were dropped off pre-game then common sense or not, the onus is not on the bus driver to give them a lift