FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Downloads...

maimie

finally managed to download my first cd on friday.  it was one of scottish songs and the like for the bus on saturday (well the car for the first part of the journey....).  downloaded the cd and some other thing to make it play and it sounded good on the laptop. :021:

so what's the problem you all ask?  copied it to a cd and when i tried it in the car it wouldn't work.... :019:

any clues guys?

Your car only has a radio/cassette player?  :004:

Have you tried to play the physical CD on any other CD player? It sounds like you have successfully downloaded some music files, but not created ("burned") the CD properly. Which may be stating the bleedin' obvious! When you say you copied it to a CD, what did you actually do?

Worth checking what Yngwie has said, but the chances are you've copied the CD fine....it's simply a case that some car CD players can be quite fussy about the CD-R's they will play, whereas it may work fine in the CD player in your house it just won't play in the car.  I've never really found a solution or any formula as to which CD players will play what brand of CD's, it's pretty much trial and error.

Your car only has a radio/cassette player?  :004:

Have you tried to play the physical CD on any other CD player? It sounds like you have successfully downloaded some music files, but not created ("burned") the CD properly. Which may be stating the bleedin' obvious! When you say you copied it to a CD, what did you actually do?

i'll need to try again and see what i did - it's sitting on my desktop at present and i think i asked it to copy to the D drive or whatever one it is...

On mine you can burn a physical CD/DVD to D, E, G, H, J, K, L or M or save the Image File to C, F or N...unless of course your sending it over to the unit I use as a server which has another CD/DVD and 2 hard drives or to the other PC in the house which has 2 CD/DVD's and 1 hard drive.

Although technically when it comes to G, H, J, K, L, M they are really called A, B, C, D, E & F...the other letters are just nicknames used by the PC to tell the supervisor what it should burn where and it saves confusion when you already have an A, B, C, D & E elsewhere.

Hope that clears it all up.

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

Bearing in mind the family have had this computer since 2001. so it doesn't even play dvd's never mind burn them :crazy07:

On mine you can burn a physical CD/DVD to D, E, G, H, J, K, L or M or save the Image File to C, F or N...unless of course your sending it over to the unit I use as a server which has another CD/DVD and 2 hard drives or to the other PC in the house which has 2 CD/DVD's and 1 hard drive.

Although technically when it comes to G, H, J, K, L, M they are really called A, B, C, D, E & F...the other letters are just nicknames used by the PC to tell the supervisor what it should burn where and it saves confusion when you already have an A, B, C, D & E elsewhere.

Hope that clears it all up.

Think eh just heard Maime's brain explode!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So,would the ideal solution here not be for Smee to make Maimes CD's to play in her car and Maime to make Smee's CD's to play in his hoose then a'body would be happy

:rotflmao: Nice one Dee! made me chuckle