Aberdeen -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With both commentators sitting there for the last 25 mins saying that Wyness should be on for Niculae - and saying for most of the game that Rossco's looking out of his depth - it sounds like we're back to Brewster Brewster Hasn't-Got-A-Cluester. Why is it that what's screamingly obvious to everyone from Scott Davie to the tea lady (anyone remember Bayne's sending off?) completely eludes the management? Deeply frustrating :007:

Back to thanking other sides for helping us maintain league position...

First half was pretty even in that both sides were dreadful. The shooting on show was terrible. We were much improved after the break and had all the good chances. Black, Niculae and Bayne in particular should have put us ahead before Rosscoe inexcusably felled Miller in the box to allow Aberdeen to rob us of the point which we deserved (at the very least).

I can't think of any real chances Aberdeen had in the 2nd half. It wasn't exactly all ICT but we had much the better of the ball and Langfield pulled off some cracking saves.

No idea why Wyness wasn't brought on and the subbing of Hart for Rankin was peculiar indeed.

I wonder about the language barrier with Marius - several times today he got mixed up with another ICT player going for the same ball and taking it off him or colliding with him. It's not something I've noticed before but it was very evident today.

Another unimpressive Dons performance yet they have the 3 points again. We still haven't learned to take our chances against them.

AFC  ICT

Possession

54% 46%

Shots on target

5 9

Shots off target

7 10

Corners

8 5

Fouls

16 12

According to Beeb we have conceded NINE pens this season...all of them have been scored. How many has Rossco been responsible for?

I wonder about the language barrier with Marius - several times today he got mixed up with another ICT player going for the same ball and taking it off him or colliding with him. It's not something I've noticed before but it was very evident today.

I thought his English was pretty good - didn't he speak for himself at the appeal hearing to get his work permit? Besides, even if there were a problem, a limited vocabulary including 'leave it', 'here', 'mine' and 'yours' should surely have sunk in by now...

According to Beeb we have conceded NINE pens this season...all of them have been scored. How many has Rossco been responsible for?

And he did score an OG for Aberdeen earlier this season. Maybe he had them on his coupon?  :004:

Just back - I live round the corner from Pittodrie.

Biggest waste of 21 quid ever.  Neither team deserved anything from that whatsoever - each side looked about as threatening as a damp sponge, apart from a short period in the second half where we reminded Langfield that he was actually playing in a match.

The referee did his best to liven up with some weird and wonderful decisions against both sides.  I was sure it wasn't a penalty - Miller went down like someone in the Richard Donald stand had got him with a sniper rifle.  Regardless, Rossco was wheezing like an asthmatic from about the 20th minute and needs to be dropped until he cuts the pies out of his diet.  

As for our attack - where do you start?  Bayne looked more out of his depth than ever.  A person with no eyes and no legs would be able to judge and control high balls better.  On the rare occasions he got it, he required about eight goes to actually control the **** thing, by which time he'd gone back ten yards and the defence had reorganized.  Meanwhile, Niculae was anonymous, at best, and missed our best chance with a header wide from 8 yards.  

A word of advice for Rankin and Cowie today - it helps to pass the ball to players in the same coloured shirt as you.  Poorest I've seen Cowie in an ICT shirt, none of his crosses seemed to be within 5 yards of a teammate.  And why were we playing with one up when we were chasing an equaliser?  What about Wyness or Wilson?

Pass marks?  Well, Fraser had bog all to do till he picked the ball out of his net.  McGuire, Munro and Hastings seemed to be strolling through it.  And Black was the one shining light for me.

Aberdeen won because they were marginally less hopeless.  

I know I'm really angry and annoyed at the moment because we lost a game we shouldn't have.  But from the tremendous minute's applause at the beginning it really was downhill.

It said 9 penalties conceded - and worse than all that -SCORED by our opposition maybe Mark Brown is smiling quietly

Jimmy Calder might smile ... but I dont think Mark Brown ever saved a penalty either !!!

Awful game. The wind didn't help mind, worst conditions for football so far this season.

I didn't actually think Tokely played that bad, but what a bloody stupid tackle. Tackle from behind in the penalty box ffs, and everyone knows how easy Miller goes down.

There were some positives, although very few. Fraser had a good game, couple of good stops, his kicking wasn't to great but I think those that were at the game will agree with me that any keeper in the world would have struggled to judge their kicks in those conditions. I thought Richard Hastings edged it as our best player on the day. Good to see a big crowd down.

Brewsters right, we did dominate, there was a period in the second half where Aberdeen couldn't even get it out of their own half, but we failed to create any real clear cut chances, Marius was probably the best.

Marius had a stinker today, his worst game yet, but then out of knowhere he played this unbeleiveable pass out wide to Hastings (I think) lifting it over the defender with the outside of his boot and curling it into Hastings path.

I don't think the midfield really clicked today, blackie had the closest thing to a good game, but even he was giving away stupid passes.

Bayne was awful today aswell, several chances where the ball was played over the top of the defence, but he didn't have the pace to get their, so he just gave up.

Why Wyness didn't come on i'll never know. There was a period in the second half where corner after corner was dropping in the Aberdeen box, and all it needed was that "fox in the box" type player to pop up and stick in the back of the net.

That was a pile of *****. They were there for the taking (again), they're absolute mince. But we were worse. How come we play so ***** against them? They bring us down to their level of shiteness every bloody time!

Only stand outs for me were Blackie, Munro, and Hastings.

The rest were rubbish, with Marius having his worst game for us so far. Tokely was crap, what on earth was he thinking making that challenge??

And as for Bayne.... :017: :017: :017:

AFC  ICT

Possession

54% 46%

Shots on target

5 9

Shots off target

7 10

Corners

8 5

Fouls

16 12

9 shots on target, end to end fooball.. and at times we played some excellent passing (mostly in the 2nd half)

I know everyone is disappointed with the result and losing the late goal but that was not an 'awful' game of football, trust me I've seen a lot worse. I thought we played well today and for most of the game looked like we were the home team.  The wind was a killer and anyone that has played football will know that it is the hardest condition to play any standard of football in.  We managed to counter everything Aberdeen had to offer and although they had some half chances they never really looked like scoring from open play.  What annoyed me was how pedestrian Bayne looked at times and it seemed that Niculae was putting in more effort, although far too ball greedy at times.  Defence was solid but we were against the wind and tried to pump it up the park too often.  Second half we bossed the midfield but didn't really manage to get Cowie or Rankin into the game... Marius started to get going, and Bayne was back to his hard working self, chasing loss casuses etc.  Black, Niculae, Bayne all had decent efforts on goal but Langfield made a couple of good saves... the defence handled everything well but as the  game was getting stretched towards the end of the game Miller managed to break away and make a run towards the goal only for Rossco to come tumbling into the back of him and concede the penalty and the rest is history.

Really gutted after travelling from Glasgow to see a good effort from the team only to be ruined by a clumsy challenge.  To be fair to Rossco (IMO) he had a good game before and looked absolutely gutted after making the mistake..  just one of these things but shouldn't take anything away from the team that have been excellent in the last 7 odd games.