FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caley Sign Imrie

ElderBoy

http://www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News...1230458,00.html

:022: :020:

stuff i found on wikipedia

Douglas 'Dougie' Imrie (born 3 August 1983 in Lanark) is a Scottish football forward currently playing for Clyde. Imrie previously played for Lanark United, where he scored 49 goals in his time there.

Imrie moved to Clyde in the January transfer window of 2006, and made his d?but in the 5-0 victory over Stranraer, in the Scottish First Division. Imrie's first goal for Clyde was one to remember, a spectacular overhead volley from the edge of the area, against Queen of the South. His next goal was also one to remember, as he scored the winner against Dundee at Dens Park, with a goal from just over 30 yards.

In September 2006, Imrie was involved in a collision with Hamilton Academical player Ross McCabe, in which Imrie jumped out of the way of McCabe's tackle, and landed awkwardly on McCabe's neck. McCabe needed emergency assistance on the pitch, and had to retire from football as a result of the accident, and an underlying heart condition that doctors discovered whilst treating him. This has led to a heated rivalry between fans of both clubs.

Imrie can play as either a forward or a winger. He has been used to great effect in both positions during his Clyde career.

Imrie will not be renewing his contract with Clyde, which runs out in June 2008. In November 2007, he had a trial period with Nottingham Forest. he has just now signed for caley on a 2 and a half year deal.

this season

Played: 24 Goals: 5 Yellow cards: 11 Red Cards: 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching him on youtube reminds me of the style of John Robertson/Joe Harper from years past. Let's hope he turns out to be as good as them.

If he's to be our only signing before midnight, he'll have to be good. We ain't got anyone else!

Brew & co have certainly gambled that their only purchase will turn out to be a good one.  :doh:

Anyone on here actually seen him play?

Wish I paid more attention in the Clyde v. Dundee United game on Sky a while back, instead of flicking between games  :020:

In fairness I hear he's been played as a left winger for Clyde in a lot of games, so goals to game ratio shouldn't be considered to be as an out and out striker.