FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can I borrow a couple of quid.....?

CELTIC1CALEY3

Ironic that Tommy Sheridan once proclaimed comparisons with Gretna whilst celebrating his legal victory, given the week they are all having now. Reality bites.

But that's another thread, and one which would have to be very closely monitored!

Guest Spectre

Any sympathy I might have had towards Gretna disappeared when they only brought 50 fans to the match on Jan 5th.  At least other clubs (Hearts, Chelski etc) have a decent fan base.

The whole thing has a Trading Places-esque feel to it.  He's won his $1 bet getting them to the SPL, now everything can be put back to its original state.

Any sympathy I might have had towards Gretna disappeared when they only brought 50 fans to the match on Jan 5th.  At least other clubs (Hearts, Chelski etc) have a decent fan base.

Wonder how that compares to the 150 fans that 'huge' club Dundee utd took up mon saturday... :014:

It seems that Mileson left hospital yesterday so, it appears that the crisis is over for just now.

He still seems to have less interest in his pet football club than in previous seasons but at least relegation in the normal course of events at the end of the season followed by a rapid slide down he divisions is not as big a disaster as what might have been.

The whole thing has a Trading Places-esque feel to it.  He's won his $1 bet getting them to the SPL, now everything can be put back to its original state.

Of course we've got the best travelling support in the league.  :017:

Brooks leaves hospital

Boyle pledges support

need for contingency

Boyle will certainly want to help.

By my reckoning if Gretna were to be kicked out and all points expunged the league would now look like this:

Rangers    50

Celtic        46

DU            40

Motherwell 35

Aberdeen  32

Hearts        28

ICT            27

Hibs          26

Falkirk        26

St Mirren    23

Killie          18

So Motherwell would go from 4 clear in third to 5 below in fourth.

It's an absolutely ludicrous state of affairs..

His son is on the board with the fancy title of Operations Executive, but yet is not authorised to sign cheques, or sanction payments of any kind... Meanwhile daddy is said still to have an estimated fortune of ?75M.... :017:

What kind of a way is that to run any kind of a business..?

No matter what transpires over the next few days Mileson and his pathetic little club should be booted out of Scottish football altogether.

Now would be a very good time to consider league reconstruction...

Guest Arab4Ever

Wonder how that compares to the 150 fans that 'huge' club Dundee utd took up mon saturday... :014:

quite obviously it would compare as a 3rd of what we brought up. ICT have one of the least passionate, quietest and smallest supports in the SPL anyway so its pretty ironic slagging of the support of any other team.

If you really think you had 450 in the south stand then i would seriously question the education system in Dundee..... Errr  i will anyway..

150 paying customers were let in.. maybe you had a few kids hiding under coats, and a few jumped the gate, but no where near it donut.

Guest couchpotato

Nope,regardless of where your educated,50 when compared to 150 is definatley a 3rd.Don't think i'd be slaggin anyone for a small,quite,pashionless support with those figures to back me up though.

• 3 weeks later...

The SPL were today described as lending Gretna money to stay afloat. In general it appears this is more an advance against expected sponsorship money. Gretna could become a very weak team in a few weeks once the Administrators slash costs. If we start a run against Falkirk it might be to our advantage. Gretna is our last game before the split.

When ICT had serious financial problems we were fortunate having sound accounting advice available to extract us from a potentially big mess.

We live to fight against Falkirk without the fear of slipping back to whence we came. Russell might now make a decision on his future knowing the room for bargaining is narrow.