FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Media Coverage of ICT

Caley Stan

Given some of the rumours that have been sweeping around this week, i find it surprising that neither the press nor the BBC have attempted to address these issues.

Regardless of the rumours, the very fact that Blackie was on the bench and Marius was dropped from the squad on Wednesday should've provoked some serious questioning.

Instead what we got was the shock revelation in the Courier that we are sh1te away from home (only 18 months late in picking that story up boys!), and the usual anodyne quotes from Brewster in the P&J.

In fairness to the BBC, they have posted an interview with Malky in which Charles Bannerman asks why Marius Niculae was not in the squad. There was more than a hint of discomfort to be detected in his rambling response.

The media in the central belt don't give a toss about what's happening in Inverness, and most clubs based down there have their affairs scrutinised to much a higher extent.

It's time for the reporters in the north to start getting some answers out of the club, or at least to show that they're trying.

In my experience it?s difficult for locally based reporters to stray too far from the party line. Not a criticism, just realisation that a certain dynamic is at play.

In my experience it’s difficult for locally based reporters to stray too far from the party line. Not a criticism, just realisation that a certain dynamic is at play.

lets just say that reporters or publications that have previously asked "uncomfortable" questions, or printed less than flattering articles have found themselves somewhat frozen out (for at least a little while) on game days or at press conferences.

Inverness may be a city in some respects, but in others it is still a very small town !!!

In my experience it?s difficult for locally based reporters to stray too far from the party line. Not a criticism, just realisation that a certain dynamic is at play.

lets just say that reporters or publications that have previously asked "uncomfortable" questions, or printed less than flattering articles have found themselves somewhat frozen out (for at least a little while) on game days or at press conferences.

Inverness may be a city in some respects, but in others it is still a very small town !!!

To be fair, a certain knighted gaffer from one of the world's top 2 earning teams from a large English city has been known to freeze out the world's so-called most 'respected' broadcasting corporation from time to time...so it's perhaps hardly a small town method of kneeing the media in the proverbials.

But surely some local hack or radio reporter can maybe ask an awkward question once in a while, all we ever get is the usual ' what did you think of the game Craig'?

Think at times they (ict) need to put on the spot.

Guest WynessLegend

What a joke!

You think there's problems at ICT??

Nonsense.

There's nothing much to report ............... that's why there's no huge press interest.

What do you want?

"Brewster makes changes to starting eleven, shock horror!"

"Malky Thomson ate my hamster"

Settle down children.

Journalists, especially football hacks, hear dozens of rumours regarding all sorts of goings on with all clubs.  You can't expect the Courier, or any other paper, to publish the rumours that surface on unofficial websites like this one.  To publish a story in a newspaper you need to be able to back up your claims, to have sources, quotes etc.

Obviously papers can't publish a story based purely on rumours, but I believe a little more in-depth reporting certainly wouldn't hurt.

You dont read the Highland Snooze then?

Not for some years, GJ.  I gave it up when I realised I could feel my brain cells committing suicide every time I opened a copy... ;)

You can't expect the Courier, or any other paper, to publish the rumours that surface on unofficial websites like this one. 

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: - you are the last person I would expect to say that ....... they made a "sensational scandal" from a humorous jibe on your site - and then got it wrong by blaming this site LOL !

You can't expect the Courier, or any other paper, to publish the rumours that surface on unofficial websites like this one. 

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: - you are the last person I would expect to say that ....... they made a "sensational scandal" from a humorous jibe on your site - and then got it wrong by blaming this site LOL !

Wasn't that the Highland News ?

Wasn't that the Highland News ?

North Star I believe (ie. any other paper)

It was very funny!  Quality picture.  Anyone still got it?

[attach=1]

post-2-1204128421_thumb.jpg

ICTChris.jpg_thumb

Journalists, especially football hacks, hear dozens of rumours regarding all sorts of goings on with all clubs.  You can't expect the Courier, or any other paper, to publish the rumours that surface on unofficial websites like this one.  To publish a story in a newspaper you need to be able to back up your claims, to have sources, quotes etc.

Yeah, and its the journalist's job to dig deeper when they hear a rumour to see if they can substantiate it.  IMO I don't believe they're trying hard enough.