FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

craig brewster

ictbob

Some of us have been asking questions about C B since his appointment but there's no need to panic as we're safe from relegation.

Despite my reservations there are a dozen matches until the end of the season and Craig should be given until then to prove his worth as a manager before any decision is made on his future.

Craig Brewster has still got a team inherited from CC. He has brought in a decent player in Dougie Imrie and secured the services of 2 decent defenders - Proc and McGuire.

I consider it a great piece of business in releasing Rankin, who ultimately seemed to be pulled in all directions during CB's 2nd spell in charge. If a player is unsure of their future, they get out - it's the same for every workforce.

The only 2 issues I have with CB are these

[li]His inability to know when to make substitutions during a game, even though 99% of the stadium can see who needs to come on for whom and at what time[/li]
    [li]The way he rests the best players we have at inappropriate moments (wilson, black, wyness & niculae to name a few) yet others are mostly poor week in week out whilst others wait in the wings (vigurs, paatelinen etc)[/li]

If CB can sort these parts of his managerial reign with us, then he'll be a legend like Pele and Robbo were for us - yet if he sticks with what he's been doing the last few weeks, he'll become the next forgotten Sergi

Brewster is an excellent manager, I have seen that a number of times this season. Please also note that I was totally against him coming back to Caley, but I now feel that he could be the man to take us to that next level.

Losing to Hibs and Motherwell is nothing to be ashamed of.

He needs to stop feckin about with the team formation... he needs the players on his side.

He also needs to get some quality in there...its only workers at the moment, the commentators said on the radio that ICT didnt have the guile in the last third to break down Hibs.

Says a lot really... Marius surrounded by unequals.

Sophia, please stop being so personal.

If you want to disagree with someone, fair enough, but if you want to discuss another poster's personal life, please use the messaging system.

I apologise to the thread starter, but this legitimate topic is now closed because of this. moderators may review it and decide to re-open if they feel it is warranted.

Brewster's a far better player than he is manager.  No doubt about that.

He is still learning the managerial ropes, TCF...

All things considered he appears to be doing things his way and he's not doing such a bad job.

I believe he'll continue to improve and ICT will reap the benefits.

Guest WynessLegend

Brew's doing a fantastic job and he'll be with the club for many years to come.

To be in the shape and position we're in is pretty amazing considering the shambles that Brewster inherited.

Beggars belief that all these negative comments come about when we lose away from home to the third placed team and then to Hibs. I take it many of you will think it's unacceptable if we don't come away from Celtic Park with three points?

Get behind the team and the manager and lay off your Hun impersonations.

There's so much garbage being spraffed here.  :017:

Considering that when Brewster came back we were rock bottom of the SPL with ZERO points and were getting humped by diddy teams rendering us one of the worst goal differences in British football - I think he has done a fantastic job. All the talk was of avoiding the realistic possibility of relegation. In fact, to have taken us from there, to challenging for a top 6 place, and to have tallied more points than in any previous season in the top flight, is an absolutly spectacular turn around. He should be in the running for SPL manager of the season in my opinion.

If Brewster had been in charge at the beggining of the season we could easily be challenging for third place right now. It's so pathetic that some posters on here spit the dummy whenever we have a few bad results, completely overlooking what has been achieved. They need to put things in perspective.

If there is player unrest then so be it. I hope the manager sorts them out. I'm sure lots of players were happier under Charlie Christie when they had a cooshy number training and team selection wise - but that isn't a healthy state of affairs for the club. If the rot had gone on for much longer we'd have earned ourselves a ticket back to the SFL.

If you want to make an omlette you've got to break some eggs. All good managers have feuds with players, if everything was calm THEN I'd be worried. Popular, 'nice guy' managers don't win anything.

There's so much garbage being spraffed here.  :017:

Considering that when Brewster came back we were rock bottom of the SPL with ZERO points and were getting humped by diddy teams rendering us one of the worst goal differences in British football - I think he has done a fantastic job.

If Brewster had been in charge at the beggining of the season we could easily be challenging for third place right now. It's so pathetic that some posters on here spit the dummy whenever we have a few bad results, completely overlooking what has been achieved. They need to put things in perspective.

Humped by diddy clubs with the worst goal differene in British football?  CC lasted the first 3 games of the season I believe.  3-0 defeat to current leaders Rangers, 2-1 defeat at St Mirren and Motherwell.  it is a bonus to get anything from the old firm and the other 2 are games we should be aiming to get things from.  Indeed we should have won at Motherwell.  That is not being humped and a goal difference of -5 was nowhere near the worst in British football.  Our biggest defeat of the season?  5-0 via celtic with Brewster at the helm.  We could have been 3rd right now if he stopped mucking up the team and playing players out of position, if we had taken points from games in the last few, who knows.

I am like most of you other posters here I wasn't happy when I heard Brewster was taking over but I am going to see where we are at the end of the season before I pass judgment as to how well he does.  It takes more then two or three bad games to make a good season has every one forgotten our run before xmas that led to CB getting manager of the month and Marius player of the month he had to be doing something right.