FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What went wrong..?

Johnboy

All very well looking at Nade on one performance, ask any Hearts fan and they will tell you hge has been gash all season. 

I had to run to the toilet every time Nade took off with the ball at his feet.....

I'll bet our back four & our keeper were wishing they could have joined me...  :018:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best player easily in a blue and red shirt yesterday.

Not a chance. I don't think there was anyone ICT player significantly superior than another one yesterday.

Yes... It's one topic that just won't go away....

But why is this...?

I think it's because certain posters persist in bringing into every discussion on the forum.

Yes... It's one topic that just won't go away....

But why is this...?

I think it's because certain posters persist in bringing into every discussion on the forum.

But why do they persist in doing that...?

what went wrong:

1st goal - Markus messing around led to a corner which everyone stood and admired while Fraser didn't know if he was coming or staying.

2nd goal - Munro, Duncan & Maguire forgot the art of tackling.

3rd goal - Black's poor backpass then Munro & Fraser failing to clear the ball.

Our attacking - apart from one or two Tokely's runs up the right wing the inability to pass to a teammate meant we were toothless.

Too many players didn't look interested in being out there.

We've been through all this before....  all the hype surrounding his signing coupled with ludicrous predictions for what he might achieve and/or help Caley achieve, and our chairman's magnanamous gesture in agreeing to subsidise his substantial pay demands.

It has all combined to ensure that his every touch is scrutinised much more so than anyone else in the team.

It is unfortunate - his overall fitness and stamina has definitely improved since he came here, but he still lacks a certain sharpness.

He's a usefull player and has demonstrated that he does have considerable skill. His class showed with the goal he scored against Celtic on Wednesday.

But.... At the end of the day he has not proved to be the answer to our hopes and dreams, and there is the added complication as to the effect his pay requirements have had on the rest of the team.

We've been through all this before....  all the hype surrounding his signing coupled with ludicrous predictions for what he might achieve and/or help Caley achieve, and our chairman's magnanamous gesture in agreeing to subsidise his substantial pay demands.

It has all combined to ensure that his every touch is scrutinised much more so than anyone else in the team.

It is unfortunate - his overall fitness and stamina has definitely improved since he came here, but he still lacks a certain sharpness.

He's a usefull player and has demonstrated that he does have considerable skill. His class showed with the goal he scored against Celtic on Wednesday.

But.... At the end of the day he has not proved to be the answer to our hopes and dreams, and there is the added complication as to the effect his pay requirements have had on the rest of the team.

Johnboy, I couldn't argue with any of that.

I'm with you on this one.

Does it feel good to have gotten that out?  :003:

Poor Marius - yet another fiasco created by men in suits. Starting with a 4-5-1 and a deep defensive line!! I still feel that there is and has been a togetherness divide throughout this season. Nevr wind about Niculae - what has happened to Don Cowie - he is the player who we should be placing a system around.

Nevr wind about Niculae - what has happened to Don Cowie - he is the player who we should be placing a system around.

Cowie arrived here like a breath of fresh air... he had a spirit and enthusiasm about him which gave the whole team a much needed boost.

Unfortunately his past few matches have seen him descend to nothing more than just an average player.

Where did that spirit go....? Did someone remove it..?

When we went on our good run Wyness and Niculae were playing well together and forming a good partnership.  I don't understand why Wyness wasn't put straight back into the team after his suspension to help this partnership develop more.  We were a better side on Saturday after Wyness came on.  Although it was still the worse I have EVER seen us play.

I have never ever walked out of a football game - not even when that german was in charge of Scotland.  Yet i left with 20-25 minutes to go on Saturday as that was soul destroying to watch.  :007:

Let's forget all the pretty passing sfuff and have some good old route one footbal with some goals.

Quite franky Iam getting fed up hearing/ reading what nice football we play, it's goals that matter we can save the football for a rainy day.

Brewster in todays P & J

"Then the fans got on our backs, maybe because of bad passes and they got frustrated, which goes into the players.

"It was just a disappointing afternoon for us."

So it's all our fault. What would you like us to do Mr Brewster? STAY AWAY!!!

well it wasn't me?

I kept encouraging my team even when we went 3-0 down like many others, strange remark? 

So were not even playing pretty football either? oh dear things aren't looking good then. We do play some nice passes across the box back and fore quite often perhaps that is what is being referred to, when we should be shooting at the oppostion goal, the thing with the white posts usually in front of you.

Shooting that's what's missing, but we know that already.

Brewster in todays P & J

"Then the fans got on our backs, maybe because of bad passes and they got frustrated, which goes into the players.

"It was just a disappointing afternoon for us."

So it's all our fault. What would you like us to do Mr Brewster? STAY AWAY!!!

We passed the ball?  :017:  :004:

I hope people at the club read this thread and point out to the manager that the fans have every right to get on their back. We pay a lot of money to watch this team and so far this year we've seen one win in ten games and a lot of sloppy football. Get real Mr Brewster. Realise where your wages come from.

I believe that Brewster did his best on Saturday. Can the same be said for all of the players?

Yes the manager has to take responsibility for the poor performance, but the reality is that there's only so much he can do.

Isnt it amazing that the manager refused to play Rankin and told him he wasnt what the club needed at a time when we were playing badly and couldnt win.  He then brings back Rankin and we go on a great run of games with John at the heart of the team.  Rankin is sold and guess what?  We havent won since!  What a judge of a player Brewster really is.