Dennis Wyness

Caley Stan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you may have noticed Rig, I am tossing both sides of the coin here.  I plucked the figure 20 out of thin air, but the sentiment is the same, if Wyness was doing the business then no problem whatsoever, but as has been evident, as a striker he has been somewhat subdued, injuries and all, should we be so keen to keep him, legend that he is.

I am a huge fan of Denzils skills, but I think we need more than that from him, I know he can perform better, but are we seeing the real Denzil at the moment.  If not, then maybe his time has come and gone and come and gone again.

I am a huge fan of Denzils skills, but I think we need more than that from him, I know he can perform better, but are we seeing the real Denzil at the moment.  If not, then maybe his time has come and gone and come and gone again.

One thing we should all know by now is that he is a confidence player. A good run in the team and he gives you goals and sets up chances for others. Has he honestly been given that recently as Brewster sticks with his 4 - 5 - 1 formation and Wyness is limited to fleeting subs appearances?

He got a chance earlier in the season and look what happened. We went on our best run of the season.

Guest WynessLegend

I have stood up for Brew since his return to the club,

but he needs to be spoken to about this ridiculous action over Wyness.

Denzil has not been fantastic this season.

Understandable. He has had his share of injury problems and since his return has not had a consistent run in the team.

With continued fitness and a good pre-season he would, without doubt, excell next season.

He remains our best striker.

He remains our most intelligent striker.

By a long long way.

To mess him about in this way is deplorable.

Particularly when our other striking options are Graham Bayne and Rory McAllister.

Brewster is a young Manager.

Some of his ideas are good.

His impact on fitness and discipline is welcome.

He WILL make mistakes.

This is a huge one.

Sadly he has left no way back for Denzil.

Brewster must be made to learn from this and, if he can, he may be able to regain our confidence over time.

The team selection for today confirms that Dennis is not being given a chance to prove himself! Therefore all the ***** Brewster spoke in the press was LIES !! How can the fans, players or board believe a word that comes out his mouth?

F E C K    A F F   CB !!

Did you expect any different from a guy who spoke about the importance of loyalty only days before leaving us for United?

Disappointed to read that Brew has changed his story and now says that he put the contract talks on hold as they were going on too long.  My understanding is that any delay was with ICT and not Dennis who had agreed terms a few  weeks ago.  :020:

I have stood up for Brew since his return to the club,

but he needs to be spoken to about this ridiculous action over Wyness.

Denzil has not been fantastic this season.

Understandable. He has had his share of injury problems and since his return has not had a consistent run in the team.

With continued fitness and a good pre-season he would, without doubt, excell next season.

He remains our best striker.

He remains our most intelligent striker.

By a long long way.

To mess him about in this way is deplorable.

Particularly when our other striking options are Graham Bayne and Rory McAllister.

Brewster is a young Manager.

Some of his ideas are good.

His impact on fitness and discipline is welcome.

He WILL make mistakes.

This is a huge one.

Sadly he has left no way back for Denzil.

Brewster must be made to learn from this and, if he can, he may be able to regain our confidence over time.

What an absolutely DISGRACEFUL post - It is as if you are gloating and enjoying the current plight - Feck aff  :001:

I don't know if the thread is disgraceful but it sure adds to the confusion. I once thought that Dennis' agent was the guy who caused the problem by turning up either late or not at all at the appointed place on the appointed day.That was before Scotty set me right and blamed the club, not Dennis.

Now I am not sure what you are saying but it seems to be the opposite---of what?

Scotty--time for you to step in here and comment on what the facts are specifically  for the record and who, in your opinion, is in fact the guilty party? For me a brief comment will suffice.

The information I received was that Dennis was ready to sign on the Friday but someone from the club was not available to dot all the i's and cross all the t's. in other words, not Dennis' fault. The guy wants to stay in Inverness because his family is settled so I cant see him, or his agent, being hard to deal with other than trying to get the best deal he could. He certainly didnt look like he let it drag on like Duncan's agent appeared to.

Seems the spin from the other side is starting now .... but as Dennis now looks to be out the door, I am sure the real story will come out when he starts playing elsewhere. However as none of us were sitting in on the talks then there is a possibility that the other angle could be true .... personally, I dont believe it, but I have been wrong before, will be wrong again, and if proved so will be happy to amend my signature. BUT if the latest spin is proved to be factually incorrect then that will not go down well ......

What exactly is Brew's short term (never mind medium or long term) thinking behind these ICT stalwarts leaving the club ? We seem to be losing players who have proven themselves but then who is coming along to replace them ?  We need some answers.

:024:

I would be surprised if Wyness and his agent could claim to be totally innocent victims in this situation. When did the club commence contract talks with them, 2 or 3 months ago?

Perhaps part of the problem is that the club have often allowed players as much time as they want to consider the contract terms offered, with agents often dragging it out as long as possible whilst they seek alternative offers. Sooner or later the club was going to lose patience and catch someone by surprise, and it was always going to happen to a player who was seen as nice to have rather than an essential part of the team.

Glen Mhor, sooner or later past legends have to get replaced by future ones!

We have 4 months to find players equal to or better than the ones we are losing, although we will have to do considerably better than we have done in the last couple of transfer windows if we are to reverse the decline in fortunes.

I would be surprised if Wyness and his agent could claim to be totally innocent victims in this situation. When did the club commence contract talks with them, 2 or 3 months ago?

Perhaps part of the problem is that the club have often allowed players as much time as they want to consider the contract terms offered, with agents often dragging it out as long as possible whilst they seek alternative offers. Sooner or later the club was going to lose patience and catch someone by surprise, and it was always going to happen to a player who was seen as nice to have rather than an essential part of the team.

Yngwie, my understanding is that once a deal had been agreed, it was difficult for a meeting to be arranged with Dennis's Agent and our DoF to finalise the details.  I do believe that this deal was done, bar the signature.  Just look at the press the week before the withdrawal, they all reported an ageement had been reached and just required a signature, in fact Brew was quoted as saying as much.  Some turn around over the course of a weekend!!!  I'm sure his agent held out for the best deal possible, but unlike Duncan, he never looked elsewhere as he was always happy to stay in Inverness.  Whatever the truths, to take someone so far along the line and then withdraw the offer is out of order. 

Yep, but what I'm saying is that it still took a helluva long time for Wyness (or his agent) to agree the terms if all along he wanted to stay. If he'd signed a month or two ago he wouldn't have this problem. It 's like when you sell your house, if you hold out for more money your potential buyer might decide they want a different house instead and you're back to square one.

Brewster was all over the place in that interview with scotsport there!!

Why is wyness being dropped and taken away?! fair enough he has been crap of late, although he has hardly played...but yet duncan plays every week and hardly ever gets subbed and plays shocking, worst player on the park nearly every week and has done f**K all for the club and gets a new 3 year contract!! what is this manager playing at!! he doesn't have a clue in this case.

Wyness has been a fantastic player for us, ok he might be getting older but no need AT ALL to treat him like that...he also wanted a reaction....he got 1 in midweek with 2goals for the reserves!

We aren't going anywhere at all this season..now if Wyness is a player who has to "prove himself" why can't he play every game?

Brewster get it sorted!  I think i speak for all fans here in saying you've treated 1 of our club hero's as s***e, now get your act together!!!

I've heard:

Players out in the summer are -

Wyness- County

Bayne - St Johnstone

Wilson - St Mirren

From a very reliable source!

Even if true, if we are honest about it, is it a big deal?  ICT legends though they were, Wilson and Wyness are way past their best, and Bayne imo doesn't hack it at SPL level.  It is rebuilding time for ICT.  A mixture of fresh faces and slowly blooding one or two of our very successful young reserve side into the first team, is what is needed.  That doesn't happen overnight.

I second that, although i heard Bayne to Killie  :029: