FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

IAN BLACK ?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The facts are that unlike what Foxy would like you to think Ian Black would not have played again unless he had taken the action he just has, Foxy and others claimed he spoke his opinion when asked, well I can tell you thats crap, he made a comment behind the managers back after he left the dressing room ( NOT WHILE HE WAS THERE OR TO HIS FACE ) which he was subsequently asked to confirm at the Monday meeting, he did and he went with the U-19's. The whole team was effected not just the manager.

IMO that's the most credible version of events we've had so far, and if true confirms that Black's temporary exile was good man management by Brewster.

What bust up did he have with Keogh other than letting him go because he spent more time on the treatment table than he did on the pitch?

Training ground bust up.

DBS - Rankin?  :010:

I've never watched an ICT training session where at least two people have failed to fall out over something  :015:

Even if I give you Keogh as a Bust up, that's still only one.

I don't think Rankin had any bust up with Christie, he just failed to see what he had to do to get back into the first team.

I heard from a former player who I golf with that Rankin and Christie came to blows after a game, and Park ended up taking a sore one in the melee. This story coincided with Rankin losing his place in the team so I thought it must be true. Also the fact that he regained his place immediatly after Parkie left seemed a bit strange. Although he did follow Parkie to Hibs so it's probably all a load of rubbish. :003:

I heard from a former player who I golf with that Rankin and Christie came to blows after a game, and Park ended up taking a sore one in the melee. This story coincided with Rankin losing his place in the team so I thought it must be true. Also the fact that he regained his place immediatly after Parkie left seemed a bit strange. Although he did follow Parkie to Hibs so it's probably all a load of rubbish. :003:

I can mind a game with St Mirren - sometime around last October - I was actually talking to CC in the main stand when early in the second half Rankin was introduced as a sub... his first appearance in quite some time... I said to Charlie... "Do you think Rankin will get to stay on here if he scores a couple of goals..?

His reply..?    "No, he'd have to do a helluva lot more than that"...!! 

The facts are that unlike what Foxy would like you to think Ian Black would not have played again unless he had taken the action he just has, Foxy and others claimed he spoke his opinion when asked, well I can tell you thats crap, he made a comment behind the managers back after he left the dressing room ( NOT WHILE HE WAS THERE OR TO HIS FACE ) which he was subsequently asked to confirm at the Monday meeting, he did and he went with the U-19's. The whole team was effected not just the manager.

The fact of the matter is that - like almost every workplace - there is a lot more going on in the background than we the fan/customer ever see and football is a funny workplace because it has fans as well as customers clamouring for every little scrap of info they can lay their hands on. You dont see many message boards dedicated to the goings on at your favourite DIY or Electronics shop and then dissecting whether this worker or that worker had a good day or not !!! 

In the case of ICT, some rumours come out, some dont, and usually the rumours that do come, come from one side so are somewhat skewed (or spun) in the direction the person releasing it wants us to see.

As much as I am still extremely skeptical of the abilities of the current manager (and no, I dont believe I could do any better - but then again, I did not apply for the job !!!), I can believe that the above comment is true - or at least has the possibility of being true. If it is then it may vindicate Brewster's handling of that particular incident. There have also been other incidents that merit some explanation ... Wyness, Rankin, etc - and there are suggestions that there maybe more to both of these stories than meets the eye.

At the end of the day, I doubt we will ever hear the full story of each individual incident, but with them seeming to come one after the other and being added to the perceived problem of poor tactics and team selections, you end up with the situation we are in now - with many fans having no confidence in the manager despite some factors which may not be his fault. The manager has to try and regain that confidence and hopefully he will see that surrounding everything in a veil of secrecy (which has lifted somewhat in the last week or two) is not the way to do it.

May I conjecture as to who the player was who reported Blackie to the manager for talking out of turn ?  :023:

I also have to say that we would be playing Munro and Duncan in the Under 19's if discipline was such an issue.  :018:

As I have said MANY times before - If you dont give a proper explanation it is open to interpretation and rumour. IF Blackie did what he did why not feckin say it.

And Black was sorely missed at Gretna and the club suffered as a result - they have not sorted out their problems - that will only be sorted when one goes - guess who?

As much as I am still extremely skeptical of the abilities of the current manager (and no, I dont believe I could do any better

I think I could  :003:

- but then again, I did not apply for the job !!!)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please send me the application form for your soon to be advertised post, which I noticed on your forum  :crazy07:

and soccerbase and wiki are both totally reliable of course !!!!

Keogh came to us as a striker but when he couldnt score goals he was tried out as an attacking midfielder and was more successful in that position .... If it wasnt for injury, I think he would have had a decent career with us.