FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Duncan is a divot thread

caley100

I like Duncan!!

he's a good player!!

he did score the goal and w could miss him next week!!

he got a  :32: for "over celebrating"!!

why didn't the Aberdeen guys get booked when they were practical in the crowd??

surely that is worse!!

Its getting to the point when a player can not celebrate a goal.  Yes Duncan was a bit excitable at scoring against his former team, but he did not leave the field of play, far from it in fact, probably about 16 yards away from the line!  It was the farside linesman that called the referee over and only then was he booked! Consitency from the ref was a huge factor, if he is going to book Duncan for celebrating then Nicolson, Miller and the rest of the team should also have been booked, particulary after the fourth goal!!

Where did the 4 mins of extra time come from anyway?  There were more incidents in the first half and only 1 min was played then!

Where did the 4 mins of extra time come from anyway?  There were more incidents in the first half and only 1 min was played then!

Aye, you're right there. Just where did those 4 minutes of added time come from ? Was it the substitutions ? Both we and The Dons put on four subsitutes in the second half.

:024:

Duncan was by far the player on the park for us (albeit for the first half) :

1. the first goal he toke the free kick (his ability to find the opposition player in space is uncanny :015:)

2. his pass that found Marius in the box unmarked who should have scored if the aberdeen defender hadn't clattered him. (amazing when you think how much the fans rate his passing :014:)

3. he put us in font with a left foot strike then celebrated (and every in the stadium knows why)

4. the player who looked most annoyed at losing the lead at half time.

Maybe his passion was to beat Aberdeen and not necessarily win for Caley but at least he put in a performance for us which i think filtered through to the rest of the team after the half.

The ref handled the whole  match badly neither of the cards Duncan got were really deserved, the dons fans had to expect he would be pleased scoring against them but still they acted like idiots, he never even left the field for f**k sake.

And then the ball kicking at half time that's the worst of all sure it was into the main stand but it nearly cleared the thing. Grant's clearances did more damaged to the home fans. Any ref with a brain would have had a world with him at half time and would left him with a yellow and a ref's final warning hanging over his head in the second half.  :029:

His celebration was a deliberate act to wind up Aberdeen fans in my opinion . Ref had no option but to book him. Happened right in front of me

I'm not excusing Duncan, but the Aberdeen fans were winding him up prior to this by singing "Russell Duncan, Aberdeen reject", so I'm not surprised he went a bit over the top with his celebrations.

Caley...if you believe that winding up the opposition fans is such a heinous crime then would it be right for me to assume that you believe all players should be booked and arrested for scoring goals....surely nothing winds up the opponents more than that?

Hysterical nonsense from the Evening Express regarding Russell Duncan:

Imrie and Cowie combined well to set up DUNCAN in 40 minutes and his unstoppable 25-yard drive flew past Soutar.

But former Don Duncan set off on an ill-advised celebratory run past the Red Army. His obscene gestures could have sparked crowd trouble, and he was lucky to escape with only a booking.

laugh.gif

FFS..  All he did was jump he up and punch the air in his excitement at scoring - it was a brilliant strike.....  :022:

The way the Aberdeen fans reacted to him beggars belief...

What would they would have done to him if the police & stewards had failed to stop them coming on to the pitch...?

Doesn't bear thinking about, does it... Are we heading back into an era where fans will have to caged like wild animals...  

If what Russell Duncan did in front of the Aberdeen fans had happened on Academy St on a Friday or Saturday night he would have been lifted for Breach of the Peace. He raised his arms in a aggressive way and his face was contort with passion (anger or Celebration) and it was incitement. Just because its on a football field does not make it okay. Caley your first comment was spot on

If what Russell Duncan did in front of the Aberdeen fans had happened on Academy St on a Friday or Saturday night he would have been lifted for Breach of the Peace. He raised his arms in a aggressive way and his face was contort with passion (anger or Celebration) and it was incitement. Just because its on a football field does not make it okay. Caley your first comment was spot on

What a lot of twaddle - if that were the case then arrests on Friday and Saturday nights would number into the hundreds in Inverness alone.

"Hey Mr Policeman....that bloke looked at me funny, I think you should arrest him"  :rotflmao:

And what about all those fans that punch the air in celebration....should they all be arrested too?

Give me a break!!!

Guest Aboynamedsue

I know you shouldn't blame the ref for cheating but You have to admit he did cheat us a little!!

he didn't want caley to have a chance of even getting a point!!

I agree & sometimes its so blatently obvious who's side the refs on

ARGHHHHH it p*sses me off sooooooo much

What a lot of twaddle - if that were the case then arrests on Friday and Saturday nights would number into the hundreds in Inverness alone.

"Hey Mr Policeman....that bloke looked at me funny, I think you should arrest him"  :rotflmao:

And what about all those fans that punch the air in celebration....should they all be arrested too?

Give me a break!!!

If a crowd of people were standing and someone ran up to them in a aggressive manner in front of Police officers in a way that was clearly going to cause an adverse reaction they would be lifted. Caley D you either did not see the incident properly or have no comprehension of the law

If what Russell Duncan did in front of the Aberdeen fans had happened on Academy St on a Friday or Saturday night he would have been lifted for Breach of the Peace.

No he wouldn't.

He raised his arms in a aggressive way and his face was contort with passion (anger or Celebration) and it was incitement. Just because its on a football field does not make it okay. Caley your first comment was spot on

Lets get this straight - you say he should have been booked because:

1) He raised his hands "aggressively"

2) He "looked a bit passionate or angry"

That's almost as bad as the poster earlier saying he was lucky not be arrested! laugh.gif

You're not Charlie Allan or Stewart McKimmie are you?

If a crowd of people were standing and someone ran up to them in a aggressive manner in front of Police officers in a way that was clearly going to cause an adverse reaction they would be lifted. Caley D you either did not see the incident properly or have no comprehension of the law

If you want to use your "in the street" analogy then the crowd that were inciting the individual by shouting abuse at him which provoked him to run up in an aggressive manner would all have been lifted for Breach of the Peace also.

If your suggesting that the police would have been within their rights to arrest Duncan then they should also have arrested the vast majority of the Aberdeen Support.  In fact, the Police should be investigated for their negligence at nearly every match for allowing any set of fans to shout anything towards any player, team or opposition fans.....perhaps it would be better if you just took a step back into the real world don't you think?

So what if he wound up the dons' fans. He only did it for the crack, as about half of the south stand stood up and gave him the finger. The referee was just a pure  :tic01: and decided to book him. I remember last season in the Scottish cup, Duncan celebrated mockingly infront of the Dundee Utd fans and he didn't get booked. Dougie McDonald is just a pure ******** and decided to use the referee guide book to the maximum. Not sure what entirely happened about the second yellow, but again the referee is a **** so he booked him for dissent. Some of our own fans need to lighten up a bit ffs, it wasn't his fault we lost the match.

Too right. Thing is, referee's down in England don't have the balls to book players like Ronaldo etc but have no problem booking less prolific players. The football leagues in Britain are flooded with awful / inconsistent refereeing.