FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dennis Wyness off to St Mirren ...

caley_donkey

This rumour has been on Pie and Bovril for weeks....funnily enough it appeared almost immediately after the announcement that his contract offer had been withdrawn.

I'd be almost confident enough to bet my house on Wyness......

a)  Not having made any decision yet and keeping his options open.

and

b)  Having St Mirren a long way down his list of teams he'd be interested in going to.

My concern is that if we let him go to another SPL team we will live to regret it.  He'll definitely be a player who will come back to haunt us.  Dennis still has the skill, but seems to be lacking in confidence a bit.  Once he gets a goal or two under his belt he'll be away again.  A Wyness/Dargo partnership could cause us real problems and St Mirren are a team we need to be beating.  Gus McPherson is one of the SPL managers who rate Rory, so could they not take him instead?

Hope this isn't true, but it is certainly possible.  He'll have to wait until his contract expires before he can sign anything.

I wouldn't be concerned he would come back to haunt us at all.  He has proved that he can't play in the SPL.  Not only for us but when he was at the peak of his career at Hearts, he was utter bollocks!

I say just let him go.  Yes he is a hero but he shouldn't be in our squad just on hero status, we need to be thinking abotu survival in the SPL and he won't be a key player for us next season or even a decent squad player!

Fair enough Rosscoe everyone entitled to their opinion.  We need to replace him then and a lot will depend on who is available.  Getting players to come to Inverness is not all that easy.  They have to relocate and we don't pay great money. Dennis is settled here and had already agreed a new contract so I still think it's been handled badly.  I can see the theory of making him earn the contract, but I think it has had the opposite effect (not just with Dennis, but the rest who are trying to do the same) and made them very nervous. 

Dennis is settled here and had already agreed a new contract so I still think it's been handled badly.  I can see the theory of making him earn the contract, but I think it has had the opposite effect (not just with Dennis, but the rest who are trying to do the same) and made them very nervous. 

Completely agree. Wyness has been treated appallingly by ICT and been publicly eviscerated by his manager and his employers. I doubt he even really wants to stay here after their actions. If he does leave I hope he does well wherever he goes. Even if it is against us.

At least give him a short-term contract, 6 months or so, to prove himself.  It seems as though ICT are turning a corner and we don't appear to want or need players that have served us well over the years.  Next we'll be selling tokely :019: :019: :019:

He's had most of this season to prove himself, and he hasnt been able to do so,  jeez just because he's a legend does not mean he can play for ever, ever heard the line 'every dog has his day' well Denzil has had his.

In my mind he is a hero for ICT, but we need better, players to take us forward.

Wyness was playing extremely well at the start of the season but another injury ruined his season.  Another 6 months is the least he deserves, and if he can't perform then leave him for county to snap up on a pre=contract.

I agree that we need a couple of new players to freshen up the squad a little, but it will be hard to attract players with the undeniable skill and affinity with ICT, like Denzil, up to Inverness.

wyness isnt worth his wage,so i hope we dont re-sign him,hes past spl football,he can go to midden like dargo and do f all

as for signing players,brewsters said 1 or 2 will come in and 1 or 2 will leave,this isnt enough to give us a squad to challenge :33:

Financial constraints as usual blackieforce. If Dennis goes it frees up cash for someone else but will we get someone like Dennis for that sort of money?

I have to say I can see both sides of the Dennis situation and am undecided, some of his hold up play is excellent but scores too few goals for a striker, I would have thought Dennis and Marius would have played better together and scored more goals this season.

For once I am happy to leave it up to Brew ( I never thought I would say that!) who you assume knows what he wants and if Dennis is part of it or not.

Financial constraints as usual blackieforce. If Dennis goes it frees up cash for someone else but will we get someone like Dennis for that sort of money?

I have to say I can see both sides of the Dennis situation and am undecided, some of his hold up play is excellent but scores too few goals for a striker, I would have thought Dennis and Marius would have played better together and scored more goals this season.

For once I am happy to leave it up to Brew ( I never thought I would say that!) who you assume knows what he wants and if Dennis is part of it or not.

we can easily get better than wyness for the same cash he,s on,iam sure theres someone in div 1 who scores more than him,i have faith in brewster,look at imrie,people were slagging brew of signing him,but look hows hes turning out! sometimes a step up a divison takes time but imries settled in straight away

we can easily get better than wyness for the same cash he,s on,iam sure theres someone in div 1 who scores more than him,i have faith in brewster,look at imrie,people were slagging brew of signing him,but look hows hes turning out! sometimes a step up a divison takes time but imries settled in straight away

But did Imrie come for the same money as Dennis is on, I don't think so.  Next to Niculae he could be our next highest player.  :014:  Fair - No I don't think so, so I'm not sure how we will get replacements.  Remember Dennis was worthy of a contract only a few weeks ago. I really really hope he is given the chance to give us at least another season.  We need the experience of the Dennis and Barry's of this world combined with the young ones coming through.