FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pizza!

RiG

Pizza Hut - Chicken Supreme on Italian base.

Tesco - Fresh pizza's aren't that great for me but the frozen stonebaked BBQ Chicken is immense!

Dominoe's - That steak Pizza is braw!

Guest birdog

Pizza? Garlic bread? GARLIC BREAD?

Get yourselves onto good British fare, ye cannae beat a nice Tikka masala.

Guest couchpotato

Pizza? Garlic bread? GARLIC BREAD?

Get yourselves onto good British fare, ye cannae beat a nice Tikka masala.

Sorry to be pedantic but Tikka Masala isn't British fare

It's English.

Tikka masala.  Actually it is British.  It was a Scotsman that asked for gravy on his curry (in Brum IIRC).

Pizza is vile.  Wouldn't be that bad if it was made with something other than mozzarella.  Tasteless rubbery cheese.  When was that a good idea?

Guest couchpotato

Tikka masala.  Actually it is British.  It was a Scotsman that asked for gravy on his curry (in Brum IIRC).

Kinell,  i've been out pedanted!!!  :010:

Guest birdog

Kinell,  i've been out pedanted!!!  :010:

Well to become the king of pedants I will quote from wikipedia, the most reliable source of info in the world ever  :tic01:  :tic01:,

Origins

The origins of chicken tikka masala are disputed:

* Perhaps the most widely reported explanation of the origins of the dish is that it was conceived in Glasgow in the late 1960s, when a customer, who found the traditional chicken tikka too dry, asked for some gravy.[1] The chef supposedly improvised a sauce from tomato soup, yogurt and spices.[2]

* Many restaurants throughout the UK claim to have invented it. The recipe's age is also unproven, with claims ranging from the 1970s back to the 1950s

* At least one source has the dish originating in New Delhi in 1947.[3][4]

* Another theory is that it originated in British India to adapt local dishes to the British palate. A prototype may be Murgh Makhni (butter chicken), a dish from the Punjab region of India.

It would seem that Tikka masala is as Scottish as haggis neeps and tatties (of the non-couch variety)

*** For those of you who missed the  :tic01: smiley here it is again  :tic01: ***

Guest birdog

**** it now I'm hungry, Chicken Tikka Pizza with a masala sauce instead of tomato yummmm. Going down the spar for pizza bases :001:

Guest birdog

Yeccchhhh....  next you'll be adding deep fried mars bar slices to the top too...  :020:

Pizza Express on the square is tops for me.

Well actually during my time researching tikka masala, for pedantic reasons, I found that my new recipe is not so new at all. So it is not just me with dodgy taste buds. :016:

INCIDENCE: ubiquitous today, albeit in various mutations. Sainsbury's sell 1.6 million CTM meals every year and stocks 16 CTM-related products including chicken tikka masala pasta sauce. Other derivations include CTM crisps, CTM pizzas, CTM kievs and Marks and Spencer's famous CTM sandwiches (18 tonnes devoured every week).
  masala source :)

EDIT- All my pedanting has tired me out so I'll just go to the freezer for a Lidl's own donner kebab then to the fridge for some beer then to the garden for some sun.

Guest couchpotato

All my pedanting has tired me out so I'll just go to the freezer for a Lidl's own donner kebab

Pedanticlly speaking,It's not Lidl's own Doner kebab but made under licence for them,but thanks for keeping me right on the tikka masala  :003:

Where would we be if we let these things go?

Guest birdog

All my pedanting has tired me out so I'll just go to the freezer for a Lidl's own donner kebab

Pedanticlly speaking,It's not Lidl's own Doner kebab but made under licence for them,but thanks for keeping me right on the tikka masala  :003:

Where would we be if we let these things go?

Lying on the couch stoned with a full belly and a contented smile on our faces.

**** these subliminal messages, where do they come from? have the aliens invaded my head again? :alien04:

Guest birdog

Allegedly they were space invaders doggy.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: that was a pretty vacuous comment tm4tj