FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Some Stats

Scotty

I have taken the last set of up to date stats i got from Ian Broadfoot and added our own figures from this year and come up with the following pieces of useless information ...... (i did it very quickly so may have made a mistake - let me know if you find one)

most appearances .....

[attach=1]

most goals .....

[attach=2]

highest strike rate .....

[attach=3]

most starts .....

[attach=4]

most times as a sub .....

[attach=5]

If my numbers are correct, the 6th goal scored on Saturday was the 1000th goal scored for ICT by an ICT player. As we know, Grant Munro scored ICT's 1000th competitive goal earlier in the season, but this also included own goals ...

post-2-1210091280.jpg

post-4-1210091280.jpg

post-4-1210091281.jpg

post-4-1210091282.jpg

post-4-1210091283.jpg

Get yer anorak Scotty...........................that is tremendous stats.

What a strike rate Ian lob Stewart had, top notch striking albeit in the lower divisions.

I'm not obviously in a position to check all of these but I do wonder about the "appearance" ones in the first attachment. As it happens I've been across the leading appearance and goals figures over the last couple of days in connection with something I'm doing on Barry Wilson so that set me wondering.

According to Ian's latest stats following the Gretna game the top three are Ross Tokely on 438 total appearances, Barry Wilson on 336 and Richard Hastings on 334. The figures quoted above are a good deal higher (474, 364 and 346) and that may also be the case with other players (eg Charlie Christie is 314 and not the 371 quoted there) although I don't have time to cross check. Could one of the "sub on" figures have been added to the real total in error or something like that?

Rory has not made 30 starts.  :017:  Did Darran thomson make 33 starts for us?

slight faux-pas in the stats - all corrected now - had imported a wrong column somewhere along the line.

Guest TinCanFan

Rory stat is shocking!! 5 goals in over 70 games! :019: :019:

You have to remember though that a large chunk of those games was from the bench only for a few minutes.

Great stats Scotty. What I love most about them is what it says about the loyalty & stability at the club over the past decade. Look at the "most appearances" table and add together the appearances of the top 7 players still currently at the club. My very quick & sketchy mental artithmetic makes it around 2100. I'd bet pretty good odds that there isn't another senior team in Britain that could claim to have 7 current squad members with an average of 300 first team appearances each.

On the other hand you could claim that as damning evidence of a parochial, unambitious approach. But my glass is half full.