FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wyness To Sign PCA With St. Mirren - Bayne Also Away?

RiG

[its time for Brewster and the board to prove they are capable of suceeding at an SPL club

Is it not time for a number of ICT fans to prove they are capable of suceeding at an SPL club? Several dont seem to be doing too well as far as I can see from some of the dross written on here.

So SPL fans shouldnt voice their opinion or indeed question authority?  :017:

If we dont adequately replace the players that are leaving then we shall be relegated and that in my book points the finger at the manager and the board for either poor signings or a lack of backing from the board in the transfer market.

As far as Dennis is concerned, I am disappointed at this news but not surprised. Since Brew withdrew initial offer/Denzil's agent was a greedy barsteward/whatever actually happened, Dennis' future was always going to be elsewhere.  Keep an eye out for my more "universally acceptable" banner at Saints game...

As for Graham, 1 league goal this season. 25 appearances. Always 100% effort from him but doesn't put the ball in the back of the net often enough.  :sillywave:

[its time for Brewster and the board to prove they are capable of suceeding at an SPL club

Is it not time for a number of ICT fans to prove they are capable of suceeding at an SPL club? Several dont seem to be doing too well as far as I can see from some of the dross written on here.

Why do fans need to succeed?? is there a trophy for the most songs sung? the most noise created per fan what??

This is probably one of the most stupidest posts i have ever seen on here

On the one hand, I love Denzil and Bayne to bits (in football terms, of course!) - if Caley have been around long enough to have legends then Wyness is one of them, and Bayne's work ethic is phenomenal.  The man would run through walls if you asked him.

On the other hand, based on recent evidence, it would take a brave man to say either of them are of SPL quality. 

Wyness had a wonderful run of form in the initial months of 10CC's reign; since then he has been extremely injury prone, and barring that win over Falkirk earlier this season, simply hasn't delivered enough.  The contract debacle is a poor reflection on ICT, but he's been absolutely rubbish in the few matches he's played since.  And he's the wrong side of thirty.

Bayne, meanwhile, blows hot and cold, is really poor at holding the ball up for a big man, and simply doesn't score enough goals.

I suspect that many of those worried about their departures are unhappy because a) Wyness was so badly treated by the club and b) because with Marius probably heading for the exit door we are desperately needing replacements.  But neither of them are consistently good enough to provide the club with the goals we need.

Sooner or later, though, what with the dearth of talent coming through the youth system, the team was going to need a massive revamp.  It might as well be this summer, and until Brew proves me otherwise with crap signings (remember this guy managed to lure Craig Dargo up here), or by failing to hold on to the likes of Black and Cowie (Niculae's departure is probably inevitable), I say BRING IT ON.

According to one paper i had the misfortune of reading this morning (although I did'nt actually pay for it having picked it up off a train) 1-0 to me over the Media  :001: Bayne was reported as wanting away south (Yep that old geographical crap again) to be closer to family or something like that with Dunfermline being the favourites to sign him.

I've just ha to check the meaning of "dearth" in the dictionary because I thought I was losing the plot....and no, it means what I thought.

I think the last couple of seasons has seen us produce more promising youngsters than ever.......

Sutherland, Vigurs, Woods, Gillespie, Kerr, McAllister...and a few more who will be knocking on the door next season.

Granted these guys aren't playing regular and "proving" themselves, but they have yet to be given that chance (with the possible exception of McAllister).

I'm actually quite excited about the prospects of these guys and think we're far from having a "dearth of talent coming through the Youth System"

Forgive me, CaleyD, I guess I'm not quite as optimistic about their prospects.  Gathered that, (apart from Rory of course, Vigurs' cameo at Tannadice and a couple of Wood's matches for Montrose), my experience of these players is little other than their appearances on Saturday.  But I can't help thinking that if one of these boys was as good as a Scott Arfield (Falkirk), or a Stephen McGinn (St. Mirren) or a Mark Reynolds (Motherwell) then they would have seen a helluva lot more action this season.  Is it not more likely that they will end up following in the footsteps of the likes of Jonathan Smith, Stuart Soane, Tom Parratt, Chris Finnigan, Neil McDonald, Lewis McKinnon, Craig McMillan etc. ?

On the other hand, I will be absolutely delighted if I am proved wrong.  Maybe that's why Brew is letting so many people go?

On the other hand, I will be absolutely delighted if I am proved wrong.  Maybe that's why Brew is letting so many people go?

It would certainly be asking a lot for these young lads to step up and fill the boots of some of the older more experienced guys. Perhaps even too.

Forgive me, CaleyD, I guess I'm not quite as optimistic about their prospects.  Gathered that, (apart from Rory of course, Vigurs' cameo at Tannadice and a couple of Wood's matches for Montrose), my experience of these players is little other than their appearances on Saturday.  But I can't help thinking that if one of these boys was as good as a Scott Arfield (Falkirk), or a Stephen McGinn (St. Mirren) or a Mark Reynolds (Motherwell) then they would have seen a helluva lot more action this season.  Is it not more likely that they will end up following in the footsteps of the likes of Jonathan Smith, Stuart Soane, Tom Parratt, Chris Finnigan, Neil McDonald, Lewis McKinnon, Craig McMillan etc. ?

Our current youth players come up playing against a better standard of player than our Under 19s did when we were in the lower leagues.  Also, of the young players mentioned by CaleyD five have been selected by Scotland at either Under 19, Under 20 or Under 21 level (Dale Gillespie, Guy Kerr, Zander Sutherland, Iain Vigurs and Rory McAllister) - this suggests that they are being judged as among the top players in their age group in the country. 

It's also pleasing that several of our young players have gone out on loan to get experience in the lower leagues, which we haven't really done before.  Zander Sutherland and Garry Wood will hopefully have developed a lot by playing in a more competitive, physical league.  Also, Ian Vigurs played for Elgin in the 3rd Division when he was 16 so has that experience under his belt.  As well as this, although reserve football isn't as competitive or beneficial as first team football, you can't argue that our young lads don't play at a reasonably high level in the SPL reserve leagues.  A lot of the players in these games have a lot of first team experience - I watched a game on Celtic TV once (get it as part of Setanta package along with Huns TV) and Celtic's reserves had Derek Riorden and Steven Pressley in it, both internationals!

Still mounting speculation that Wyness is off to St. Mirren. Given that there has been no talk of a new deal from ICT and they way Wyness left last time then it looks like this Saturday will be his last appearance at Inverness.

Also, of the young players mentioned by CaleyD five have been selected by Scotland at either Under 19, Under 20 or Under 21 level (Dale Gillespie, Guy Kerr, Zander Sutherland, Iain Vigurs and Rory McAllister) - this suggests that they are being judged as among the top players in their age group in the country. 

History suggests the VAST majority of these players capped at this level go on to dissappear into oblivion

Also, of the young players mentioned by CaleyD five have been selected by Scotland at either Under 19, Under 20 or Under 21 level (Dale Gillespie, Guy Kerr, Zander Sutherland, Iain Vigurs and Rory McAllister) - this suggests that they are being judged as among the top players in their age group in the country. 

History suggests the VAST majority of these players capped at this level go on to dissappear into oblivion

Jeez, are we talking Bermuda Triangle here?