FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Paatelainen Given 6 Month Extension

johnnykipper

Dear people, I sincerely hope none of you become employers or injured employees. Imagine how you'd feel if you got injured carrying out your job and your employer dumped you. What ICT are doing here is ensuring this lad is able to afford to live through his recovery period. Recovering from an injury he recieved whilst in the employ of ICT. Had he been let go to fend for himself how many on here would be calling ICT all the heartless berstewards under the sun.

His employer did not dump him, his contract was due to expire there is a huge difference there.  Gretna dumped Yantoro, although it was of his own asking, as they were skint and I would be against ICT doing that.

If, for example, I were self employed and was working a contract for another company and got injured, I'd not be rewarded with a new contract.  I would have to claim on insurance whilst recuperating.  Players should not rely on clubs feeling sorry for them, they should have their own health insurance or ensure adequate cover is written into their contracts.  In this case the club should pay markus' medical bills until healed and wages until contract expired.

Gretna did not dump Yantorno. Under the rules on administration Yantorno was entitled to request release from his contract, as were every other member of the squad.

Markus is not self employed. He, like every other footballer is an employee on a fixed term contract.