FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CTO Internet Supporters Player of the Year....

CaleyD

Well done to Don Cowie, who thoroughly deserves the award - as far I can tell he scored more league goals than any other SPL midfielder this season.

Dougie Imrie winning 3 of the last 4 player of the months?!  Well, that probably vindicates his signing.

This underlies how important it is that we hold onto Cowie, Black and Niculae next season - they are our three most outstanding players.

Ike Fraser is the unsung hero of this season!  Can't believe he hardly got a look in for some awards!

We dont relise how much he has saved us!!

like at the celtic game!!

Ike Fraser is the unsung hero of this season!  Can't believe he hardly got a look in for some awards!

I would need to dig out a lot of old files, but I believe Ike finished a lot higher up the rankings than Mark Brown did in most seasons he was with us.... Goalkeepers (or Broonie at least) dont seem to attract as many votes as other players ..... I guess we expect them to save everything rather than give them loads of praise for saving shots that others might not !!!

Anyone ever hear the Only An Excuse radio show from about 20 years ago?  I paraphrase...

Davie Hay.  Who do think is the greatest Scottish player of all time?

Pele.

No, the greatest Scottish player.

Oh, right. The greatest Scottish player.....Maradona.

Em, no. The best player Scotland has ever produced.

Oh, you mean Scotch.  Like fae Scotland? ....Johan Cruyff.

But, what we want is the best player who is from Scotland.  The best Scottish player.

Oh, right, right.  You mean like fae Scotland?  George Best.

Well, he played in Scotland but he's not actually Scots. What we want is the best Scottish player.

George Best isnae Scotch? Beckenbauer.

Not Scottish.

Bobby Charlton. Puskas. Zico (fades out with the Davie Hay saying names and the groaning of the commentator)