FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

TERRY BUTCHER'S REPLACEMENT

After watching his interview on Setanta yesterday, I'd say it 99.9% certain that that

deal is signed and sealed.

Who will replace him? Malpas? Or perhaps Robbo - they must be the only club he hasn't managed in the last 3 years! :004:

I think Malpas would be a decent manager ... wouldnt have been too unhappy if he had got the ICT job when he was mentioned in the papers (before Brewster took over).

You're right Motherwell is so much nicer than Sydney :017:

I know that the standard of Scottish football is pretty poor, but it was great compared to some of the stuff here, also if you all think the atmosphere at Caley games are poor come and see an A league game for silence. Only plus point is you can drink loads of beer.

My gut feel from the comments in the press here is that he in on his way.

Got to disagree with you ICT_Away. I went to 6 of the Queensland home games and the atmosphere was terrific. Queensland average crowd was almost 15 000 for the season. There was singing, chanting and cheering. (Probably becasue we were drinking heavily at the games in 30C heat)

I thought the standard was as good if not better than the SPL. In seeing that I have only seen 2 SPL games live and about 10 via Internet Football.

I think you only need to look at Australia's improving ranking in world football to see that the future looks bright. Especially given that we have qualified for the World Cup and now find ourselves in the Asian Conference.

I think Butcher will be able to achieve much more in Sydney than Motherwell. Sydney should qualify for the Asian Champions League next season.

Ah well I must have gone to see only the dross (2 Sydney games against very mediocer opposition who did nothing - one was NZ, I can't remember who the other game was against - far too many beers that time). The crowd was decent in size but very quiet - perhaps they are more reserved down here than you drunkards up north :004:

I do agree that the future is bright for football here and the international team can only get better playing against some proper opposition rather than tonking some islanders 23-0. As for the A league it's too early to call, the competition seems to be getting better crowds and coverage than before, but the "stars" are still leaving the league as soon as an offer in Europe comes up - until the league can keep their star Australian players (as that is who the crowd want's to see) then I think it's still on a bit of a sticky wicket.

As for Butcher, I think he has done all he can at Motherwell, but think that he would probably be better off going to a Championship side rather than Sydney (it's not exactly in the spotlight in Europe). Re Asian CL - are Sydney not guaranteed a position in the as next season's A league won't finish before the entry cut off date.