FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

In the words of the Clash.....

Bronson

He is clearly getting a lot of backing from somewhere! Lord knows why the form being shown is shocking. We failed to get rid after 7 straight defeats last year and that is us on 4 now. He has to go! His tactics are wrong and to be honest the players never really look up for it. I will not give suggestions and would just wait to see who applies before making an opinon.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the old school; the wages and thanks fer sorting out Niculae. Have a look at the body language of the players - like Ramos at Spurs he has clearly lost the respect of the dressing room. If we can see his tactical errors, arrogance and perseverance - what do you think professional footballers think.

But it shows how gutless our management are - or perhaps how clueless - perhaps they want to be in the SFL ?!!

It is not rocket science to see that we are on the decline or what we should be doing to change it - the only good thing is that the longer this situation goes on - the more chance that Brew will take some of the numpties with him.

IHE

Your picture is perfect for you x

If I had an outstanding failure then it was Ralph Milne. He should have been playing in World Cups. He should have won a bundle of Scotland international honours. It was a tragedy that that boy was not playing for his country all the time. He had tremendous talent - and I failed with him. He did not have the right attitude to the game and I could not instil that into him."

Sorry Ralph but I wonder if this quote, from the graet Jim McLean is really you

Edited by Alex MacLeod

We have more points than we did at this point last season under Charlie Christie. And any reasonable observer would accept that we deserve to have far more points. Most of our defeats this season have been knife-edge. I can't comment on away games, but we certainly deserved to beat Hamilton, St Mirren and Motherwell. And we also deserved at least a point against Celtic.

Brewster has tried to give youth a chance, surely he deserves credit for that? He could easily have stuck with the old guard, but I applaud him for giving Duff, Vigurs, Wood, Rooney and Imrie a push. We have a young side that will only get better with time, coaching and experience. This is a time for patience not hysteria.

Under Brewster we are also a fit, professional, organized, workmanlike side - this certainly wasn't the case when he departed. People forget how sh"t we were under Christie / Park. We aren't exactly a shambles at the moment. We aren't the finished article by any means but I think we certainly have the foundations of a good side in the making.

Why does everybody take me the wrong way :rotflmao:

I have always said that Brew has been a great fitness coach and influence. When he was here initially he transformed the place. He can only be applauded fer giving yoof its chance but in some ways he has had no other option.

We have a young team that can blossom but it can only do do in the SPL. If we go down we will lose them. That is where we need seasoned pros and a balanced squad to survive.

Yes - we have lost games by the skin of our teeth and we could be well up there if we had won games that we deserved to.

But - the reason is the formations, the selections and the tactics - Most contributors to this site can see what is going wrong - Brew makes the same mistakes over and over again - That is his downfall.

And - as previously stated - Ralph Milne wears a police uniform, a moustache and used to have an office just across from the town side of the Greig street Brigdge - gawd did that used to swing both ways.

People forget how sh"t we were under Christie / Park.

Totally disagree with that. We had record points and were unbeaten after the split. And even on the losing run under CC the players played with a bit of passion. I could not believe how crap we were (yet again) on Tuesday night.

People forget how sh"t we were under Christie / Park.

Totally disagree with that. We had record points and were unbeaten after the split. And even on the losing run under CC the players played with a bit of passion. I could not believe how crap we were (yet again) on Tuesday night.

Agree totally.

I have to agree that Brewster simply has to go. Yes he is a good fitness coach but what exactly has that done to help us? Consider the evidence:

He simply cannot motivate his team. To be successful nowadays you have to have good man management skills which he doesn't have. At the moment the players are playing without passion or commitment and lack leadership on the pitch.

To often this season his disastrous tactical decisions have cost us valuable points and left the players confused as to what they should be doing.

We have already thrown away leads this season against the likes of Motherwell, Hibernian and St Mirren. That is EIGHT league points thrown away from winning positions in the league after just TEN league games. Over the course of 38 games that amount to throwing away around THIRTY league points. That is a huge number which could almost certainly be the difference between top 6 and relegation.

The players seem unable to show any kind of spirit once we have gone behind in games. True, we won from behind against Flkirk but that was after they had failed to win their first five games.

The home form is diabolical. 5 wins in 10 months is unforgiveable. True, the atmosphere at home games can sometimes be quite subdued but that is not a good enough excuse. Brewster likes to play counter attacking football which, while fine away from home, is suicidal at home.

He cannot change his tactics to suit the opposition nor the situation. Too often he leaves decisions in games till very late in the match and therefore too late for these players to make much of an impact.

We lack a cutting edge up front. With no regular goalscorer up front I believe our strikers are all stuck on just 2 goals.

Many of you are talking about good signings such as Imrie, Proctor and Rooney and, while I agree that they have all been good signings, just how many of them were actually made by Brewster? He may be the public face of our club but its quite possible that behind the scenes Donald Park et al where making these crucial decisions. Now Donald has left, there appears to be a lack of leadership from Brewster and Thomson. Quite evidently, players such as Ian Black no longer have respect for Brewster. When a manager loses the respect of his most important players, he simply must go.

He has had time. He has had as much chance to succeed as any other of our managers. Now its time for the board to have the bottle to stand up and be counted. Our SPL survival could depend on it. Oh, and before anybody decides to come out with it, I have no personal issues with Brewster. I have met the guy and he is a decent bloke. He is just quite evidently out of his depth.

It is the old school; the wages and thanks fer sorting out Niculae. Have a look at the body language of the players - like Ramos at Spurs he has clearly lost the respect of the dressing room. If we can see his tactical errors, arrogance and perseverance - what do you think professional footballers think.

But it shows how gutless our management are - or perhaps how clueless - perhaps they want to be in the SFL ?!!

It is not rocket science to see that we are on the decline or what we should be doing to change it - the only good thing is that the longer this situation goes on - the more chance that Brew will take some of the numpties with him.

i totally agree with you I H E get brew out now before it is to late

I have to agree that Brewster simply has to go. Yes he is a good fitness coach but what exactly has that done to help us? Consider the evidence:

He simply cannot motivate his team.

Many of you are talking about good signings such as Imrie, Proctor and Rooney and, while I agree that they have all been good signings, just how many of them were actually made by Brewster? He may be the public face of our club but its quite possible that behind the scenes Donald Park et al where making these crucial decisions.

So the bad is Brew but the good is possibly not him. Hang the guy!

Now Donald has left, there appears to be a lack of leadership from Brewster and Thomson.

Jury is out!

Quite evidently, players such as Ian Black no longer have respect for Brewster. When a manager loses the respect of his most important players, he simply must go.

He took a childish Black, showed him the error of his ways and we now see the evidence of this whenever Ian plays! Where does this equal disrespect??

He has had time. He has had as much chance to succeed as any other of our managers. Now its time for the board to have the bottle to stand up and be counted. Our SPL survival could depend on it. Oh, and before anybody decides to come out with it, I have no personal issues with Brewster. I have met the guy and he is a decent bloke. He is just quite evidently out of his depth.

Being 4 points behind the fourth placed team does not indicate that he is crap manager.

We have more points than we did at this point last season under Charlie Christie. And any reasonable observer would accept that we deserve to have far more points. Most of our defeats this season have been knife-edge. I can't comment on away games, but we certainly deserved to beat Hamilton, St Mirren and Motherwell. And we also deserved at least a point against Celtic.

Brewster has tried to give youth a chance, surely he deserves credit for that? He could easily have stuck with the old guard, but I applaud him for giving Duff, Vigurs, Wood, Rooney and Imrie a push. We have a young side that will only get better with time, coaching and experience. This is a time for patience not hysteria.

Under Brewster we are also a fit, professional, organized, workmanlike side - this certainly wasn't the case when he departed. People forget how sh"t we were under Christie / Park. We aren't exactly a shambles at the moment. We aren't the finished article by any means but I think we certainly have the foundations of a good side in the making.

What rubbish! Charlie lost 3 games i.e 9 points in the first 3 games of the season. These incuded Rangers and 2, 2-1 defeats, which should and could have been wins. After 3 games this season Brewster had 4 points if I am not mistaken. So with your arguments he should be gone. Charlie has a far superior required as manager of ICT compared to Brewster. Dont remember a Christie team going 7 in a row without a win?

Why cant peeple just see that Brew just simply keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. The players are professionals and will keep the gossip behind close doors but there are real signs of frustration over the never ending chopping and changing and the resolute determination to stick with some players at the detriment of others. the writing was on the cards in the way that he treated Rankin, Black, Bayne and especially Wyness.