FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Talking tactics

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Flawed again against the Jam Tarts - although not many of us could do without Black and Cowie - although most of wouldnt be able to pisss them off either !!

Esson has been a plus - although that is becos Brew's faith in Fraser was dismissed and - as many commented - Esson has more respect and command of the defenders in front of him.

Why persist in playing Proctor in central defence - he is a full back or a midfielder fer fecks sake - plus he is keeping out Duff who has been a feckin stand out this season.

Why even consider putting Hastings in the starting 11 - his confidence is shot.

So he plays Imrie on the feckin left - another admission of mistake ?

He goes fer Bazza and the sympathy card - instead of keeping our best substitution card fer the last 30 minutes.

Shurely Vigurs should have replaced Black - more loyalty.

And finally why punt the ball relentlessly in the air to Rooney and Barrowman when they are playing aginst muscley feckin giants - and why revert to Granty's long throws EVERY FECKIN TIME.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHH

aye you could say duff should start ahead of proctor but think the majority of folk would think tactics were about right against the hearts. lack of quality is our problem

I have to agree with the lack of quality but the tactics WERE flawed - as stated. Are you telling me that the constant long high balls to Rooney and Barrowman were effective. Can you tell me which of them was the target man and which was the runner. Can you tell me why we persisted with the long throw ? Would Bazza coming o feresh fer the last 30 have made a difference ?

Formation and tactics against Hearts were better, but not without fault IMO.

It's a glimpse of possible progress, but it's been a long time in the making and I don't know if we can afford to wait another year for the next improvement.

It's a glimpse of possible progress, but it's been a long time in the making and I don't know if we can afford to wait another year for the next improvement.

But - what is really irritating me - is that he is heading towards the team and the tactics that some of the more astute posters have been asking fer for months !!

aye you could say duff should start ahead of proctor but think the majority of folk would think tactics were about right against the hearts. lack of quality is our problem

I have to agree with the lack of quality but the tactics WERE flawed - as stated. Are you telling me that the constant long high balls to Rooney and Barrowman were effective. Can you tell me which of them was the target man and which was the runner. Can you tell me why we persisted with the long throw ? Would Bazza coming o feresh fer the last 30 have made a difference ?

aye not disagreeing with that really. thought in terms of line up and formation we were about right but yes tactics in terms of how we played the game were one dimentional and pretty ineffective against the hearts.think the game showed bazza of more use as a sub although perhaps he deserved a start after wednesday.time to bring out zander maybe ?

Where is M4TJ - yesteday in the second half it looked like somebody had tipped the feckin pitch towards the Main Stand - as nearly every fecker was withinn 10-15 yards of the feckin touch line. At times it was like watching a schoolboy game as they were all following the ball.

But - what is really irritating me - is that he is heading towards the team and the tactics that some of the more astute posters have been asking fer for months !!

I can reveal that he reads your posts on a daily basis and thinks long and hard about them, maybe you're getting through, keep it up :thumb04: :rotflmao:

I can reveal that he reads your posts on a daily basis and thinks long and hard about them, maybe you're getting through, keep it up :thumb04: :rotflmao:

At last - you give me the respect that I deserve - it is only too evident that your words are true. Thank you.

Where is M4TJ - yesteday in the second half it looked like somebody had tipped the feckin pitch towards the Main Stand - as nearly every fecker was withinn 10-15 yards of the feckin touch line. At times it was like watching a schoolboy game as they were all following the ball.

An observation I also made at the game on Wednesday evening.

An observation I also made at the game on Wednesday evening.

When was the last time anybody checked the aquifer ?

Why persist in playing Proctor in central defence - he is a full back or a midfielder fer fecks sake - plus he is keeping out Duff who has been a feckin stand out this season.

I noted the comment about Duff being due a pay rise if he makes 10 starting appearances for the first team .... think thats the standard youth/development contract .... considering he has now made 9 starts, that may be part of the reason ???

I noted the comment about Duff being due a pay rise if he makes 10 starting appearances for the first team .... think thats the standard youth/development contract .... considering he has now made 9 starts, that may be part of the reason ???

if thats the case then things are even worse than i thought :rotflmao:

Oh come on - Brew has to play Proctor - he cant be seen to drop Rosscoe - so he picks Duff as he can use the reasons of yoof, doesnt want to put him in too soon (like Rory) and save a few pennies.

Duff deserves to play on merit - a word sadly lacking in our clubs dictionary.

I think most would agree the centre half pairing should be Duff and Munro. Certainly Duff has done enuff to merit a place.

Proctor is a player i appreciate but would rather see him playing on the right, either midfield or right back. In saying that im happy with Tokely for now at right back.

Our one problem area is Hastings at left back. He's really struggling. Maybe he's on his way down as a player. Maybe he doesnt get enough protection on the left and is exposed too often. Drop him and give someone else a chance, if it's too much exposure then it will surely become evident with his replacement as well.

If Duff is not getting a game due to contractual issues then it is a sham! :thumb04: Why not as opposed to letting a clause trigger a wage rise, just insteadoffer him a long term, improved, contract. Reward him. Show him how much he is wanted rather than letting him have to rely on contract clauses to get a wage rise.

Give Rooney a regular game up front. He seems to score when he plays. Get him a regular partner up front or a good creative option for him to feed off.

Get a winger! Zander, Bazza,that A Trialist guy! :rotflmao: !

Rooney should be starting up front with some experienced striker. A Rooney Wyness combination would have been effective in my opinion.

This is a good post. Even Bayne/Rooney. The "new broom" policy on strikers was an enormous mistake.

Heard at the weekend from a very reliable source that after the contract had been agreed, Brew withdrew the contract from Dennis, when he failed to score in the 20 minutes of his last game. Dennis had a satisfactory deal with St.Mirren before the week was out. badbadbad

Rooney should be starting up front with some experienced striker. A Rooney Wyness combination would have been effective in my opinion.

This is a good post. Even Bayne/Rooney. The "new broom" policy on strikers was an enormous mistake.

Heard at the weekend from a very reliable source that after the contract had been agreed, Brew withdrew the contract from Dennis, when he failed to score in the 20 minutes of his last game. Dennis had a satisfactory deal with St.Mirren before the week was out. badbadbad

Also what I had heard but began to question this after all the "blame the agent" talk...

Im sure if Wyness had truly wanted his agent to get him the deal here he would have. He was punted out though surplus to requirements in Brews eyes.

Maybe it was his time to go. His form wasnt great and perhaps a change was of benefit to him. I think both injuries and the Niculae saga played their part.

In any case i think its widely agreed that Rooney is the man, but needs a reliable man to partner him up front. One with the experience to get the best out of him and complement him.

And we all dislike the wrong footed wide men.

And why Duff is not in central defence over Proctor? I do like Proctor but i'll say it again. He is either a right back, Right mid, or holding mid.

Im sure if Wyness had truly wanted his agent to get him the deal here he would have. He was punted out though surplus to requirements in Brews eyes.

Maybe it was his time to go. His form wasnt great and perhaps a change was of benefit to him. I think both injuries and the Niculae saga played their part.

In any case i think its widely agreed that Rooney is the man, but needs a reliable man to partner him up front. One with the experience to get the best out of him and complement him.

And why Duff is not in central defence over Proctor? I do like Proctor but i'll say it again. He is either a right back, Right mid, or holding mid.

I think the reason Wyness or his agent didn't speak out was possibly because Wyness had his fill of the crap going on at the club. Putting myself in his shoes, if I had a contract withdrawn like that and then had a move sorted within a week, I'd be in "couldn't give two hoots" mode.

Guest Spectre

No we don't, just not everybody can be bothered to post the same stuff over and over again.

In 4-5-1 wrong foot makes a lot of sense - better to have the threat of cutting inside than crossing to 1 amongst 4.

Nobody likes 4-5-1 I am sure but that's a different point. Blame Sam Allardyce.

And I don't remember anybody complaining about Barry Wilson playing on the left a few seasons ago. Without even thinking hard:

- The first (and one of the best ever) goal scored in TCS. Barry cuts inside and curls it in from 35 yards.

- Next season (I think), Barry destroys Dunfermline (again) playing on the left, basically creating all our chances.

- Cup match v Celtic. Barry drives into the box, beats Pressley, passes to Bayne who scores.