FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

John Robertson (Robbo)

JohnRobertson

Yes i am certainly looking to get back into management

That is my long term aim unfortunatly it is a business that is cut throat and you have to wait for someone else to lose their job it is nice to see that boards this season have not sacked anyone to quickly and have given their managers some time although it is frustrating waiting .

however i have put my time to good use and have made some great contacts in Europe and Usa for future use as well as taking a sports psychology course online and watching lots of games.Also been doing some forward coaching and been helping two premier league players with advice on the above aspects as well as radio scotland so been keeping busy awaiting the possible return to management.also main job is ambasssador/business development manager at Orion .

kind regrds

robbo

Just thought I'd highlight this part of this particular post for everyone to see that missed it. :rotflmao:

Don't need to bother reading through it all. The telling quote is:

I think we should all get behind the manager. if the board are ever looking for a new coach then i've been highly impressed by starchief. i'd strongly recommend that if inverness were ever looking for a new manager then they could do no better than hire him. he wouldn't cost much and would guarantee we remained in the spl for many years

He's just telling it like it is!

He did say he was only on to answer questions and put the record straight at that time as he felt things were said that were incorrect.

As his name is mentioned as one of the favourites he probably also thinks it inappropriate to make comment on here right now.

I have removed a number of posts from this thread and banned DRAGAN from the thread pending a moderator discussion about his/her status on the rest of the site.

Stevico / Blackieforce / iloveeidurgudjohnsen - you guys also had posts removed. There was nothing wrong with your comments but they referenced, quoted or were in response to the offending comments so were also removed to clean up the thread.

We made an announcement earlier this week about getting overly personal about Craig Brewster. May we just reiterate that this also applies to other club personnel including former managers. Personal comments, especially those which are scurrilous or abusive in nature will not be tolerated and we were not joking when we said we will hand out bans to persistent offenders.

Guest natasha

My son has a pub in Edinburgh i was down on business yesterday and the locals know I come from Inverness so subject got round to managers. When asked about yourself as a manager I thought because of the feeling between you and DS or the other way round, again when pressed about the problem I came up with they both have big egos only to be told "my cousin dosn't have a big ego what you see is what you get" and since you have come on to this forum I would probably be swayed although I still think you were the motivator and donald the tactician.

Guest natasha

Well Natasha got to agree with the motivator and tactician bit, spot on, but life is all about team work and they were a good team.

What else did DFS's cousin have to say.

He knew were I could get a cheap house.

Came on to 'put the record straight' :rotflmao: Bit strange that he has had years to do it but picks a time when it looks like the current manager was close to losing his job!! More like touting himself and trying to drum up some support in his favour for a possible replacement!

Oh with out a doubt!! hearts and minds!! fair play to him i enjoyed the thread. It shows how well he knows the club that he read all the signs, and i beleve he got in there to win "Fan Power over"

G

My son has a pub in Edinburgh i was down on business yesterday and the locals know I come from Inverness so subject got round to managers. When asked about yourself as a manager I thought because of the feeling between you and DS or the other way round, again when pressed about the problem I came up with they both have big egos only to be told "my cousin dosn't have a big ego what you see is what you get" and since you have come on to this forum I would probably be swayed although I still think you were the motivator and donald the tactician.

That's as maybe, but he holds a mighty strong grudge when it suits him!!

It shows how well he knows the club that he read all the signs, and i beleve he got in there to win "Fan Power over"

He didnt have much winning over to do ...... I think a lot of fans liked him before that, whether it was his bubbly personality last time round, or whether it was because he fiercely defends ICT and the Inverness area in general on the air when other reporters try to make stereotypical remarks. He was doing all that long before Brewster's jacket was on a shoogly peg.

It was nice to see him on here, and if he were to get the job, I am sure we would attempt to get him back on here on the odd occasion but maybe in a more structured way via articles or chatroom or something like that as opposed to as a random poster ....

Of course, Mr Sutherland never used the same tactics when he granted us exclusive interviews, or asked for get togethers to be arranged via the website did he? ....... :rotflmao: [i know IHE - Double Voddie and Coke]. Its all a game, and most fans are happy to play that game if it means they feel their voices are being heard or that they are somehow acknowledged or involved.

Robbo's managerial career has had mixed fortunes but he's far from the worst candidate out there and his knowledge of ICT and our current squad might just give him an edge over someone else who would have to spend some time familiarising himself with the set up.

I agree with Kingsmills....

Robbo could have been put in charge the day Brewster got the bullet, on a caretaker basis. His knowledge of ICT and the current squad could have been invalueable in these very difficult fixtures that lie ahead.

The board could then have taken as much time as they wanted to draw up a short list, and conduct interviews. Robbo's application could also have been considered along with any other worthwhile candidates.

The only problem with that being that Robbo has a job atm and would no doubt have to give it up to take a position which might only last for a few weeks.

The only problem with that being that Robbo has a job atm and would no doubt have to give it up to take a position which might only last for a few weeks.

His job's with Orion... and he's been assured if any kind of football related job was to come up, he'd be free to go.

I think he mentioned that somewhere in this thread, but like you, I cant be ersed reading it all again.

FAO Birdog....

Quote from Robbo...

Iwas contacted by Orion and had an interview with Brian Urqhart and Paul Savage asking if i would consider the post of Business Development Manager and to use my contacts in the Edinburgh Glasgow and Fife areas i accepted this post on a trial period with the promise that i could return to football should the right opportunity arise.

His job's with Orion... and he's been assured if any kind of football related job was to come up, he'd be free to go.

I think he mentioned that somewhere in this thread, but like you, I cant be ersed reading it all again.

True and I did read that too but what I thought you were getting at was to install Robbo in the same position that Grassa is doing now ie taking charge of the team short term (less than the end of the season) until the full time replacement is found. Just crossed wires I think as I am of the opinion, like you, that Robbo should be put in place until the end of the season and then he and everyone else goes through the selection process properly.

EDIT- What I was getting at in my quoted post was that there would be little point in giving up a well paid job to take up a position for a week or two, for the same reasons you gave that Brewster should not quit.

Edited by birdog