FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What has it come to ?

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

but will that empty seat be noticed among the thousand of others ?

You know fine that it won't, but I hear similar rumblings from all around these days and five hundred empty seats which were supposedly full this season - and which are no longer paid for (you also know fine that the official attendances are a joke on occasion, given the number of empty season seats) - may be a bit of a wake-up call.

If you're planning, say, an annual sportsman's dinner, you don't spend fifty grand on the catering, twenty on the venue, ten on the guest speaker and then stick a dried turd on every table as the centrepiece and serve Baldrick's Finest for the wine; if you do, you must expect a few empty seats next time round; repeat year after year and, woo the punters as you might, soon you have no dinner at all, not even a dog's dinner; get rid of the crap and you might just see people coming back.

I'd hate to lose my seat, which was always a pretty good one when we used to score goals, because we seemed to score more towards the Bridge End but, just as it was five years since, some direct action seems in order. Shouting 'Brewster Brewster get to Largs' may be ineffective (you can't swear at matches any more, not even 'bloody', and Largs is probably worse anyway) and will still probably get you ejected from the stadium by our friendly stewards. All I can honestly think of is voting with my feet and telling the club exactly why I'm doing so; I heard tell of a member of staff at the stadium canvassing late-renewers in the pre-season, who got the full, uncensored opinion of the person on the other end as to the state of the entertainment on offer and their view of why it has gone downhill. I've just weathered a season longer than they did.

Feckin hell 4ize you are suffering worse than I !!

This fiasco is getting so, so frustrating - Surely the Board - which may comprise of certain named individuals but is "controlled" by Sutherland and Bennett - and alledgedly Brewster - need hooking - which plays in to the hands of Savage who pulled his "ace" Niculae - but so what.

Read between the lines and feckin weep.