FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Cup Semi Final Draw - Hearts!

Kingsmills

Hope we get Hearts again. A chance to avenge last season and also the weakest opposition left in the tournament.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see what venue would e selected if Aberdeen and Hearts were drawn together. Surely, for the sake of consistency, it would have to be Easter Road.

• Agree 3

it is wide open but I don't think I want St Johnstone on recent form against them. Hearts would be ideal chance to put right the wrongs of last season and they are much weaker than they were last season and we played them off the park at home in the league. Aberdeen would be the toughest but they beat us 1-0 through a very good finish but struggled to break us down and we did have one cleared off the line. I am confident whoever we play and i think defeat last year may turn out to be an advantage as the players will be well motivated to get to a final and even try and win it

Would prefer Hearts but we can beat any team on a good day .Who would have expected Morton to beat Celtic.

Lets be positive ,it's not till Feb. and their will be changes possibly in all teams except Hearts.

Interesting to note that on day of semi's all four teams through were due to play at home. I think, in light of last years decision to play at ER we should get to play whoever at Dingwall. If we draw Hearts or Aberdeen I would think Perth would be the sensible venue. If St Johnstone then Pittodrie.

If we get Aberdeen, I think it's own right, fit and proper that they play the game essentially right in the middle between Inverness and Aberdeen.  For this reason I think, without question, the most appropriate venue is Kynoch Park, Keith!

• Agree 1

The draw should be getting shown live at the link below, for those are impatient to know who we are getting or who simply want to see Craig Levein getting those important balls out.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/246388-live-draw-for-the-scottish-league-cup-semi-final-as-it-happens/

Edit to add: sorry, it's text updates, not pictures.

Edited by Yngwie

No announcement of venues? I wouldn't be surprised if it is Easter Rd again, as Saints-Dons could well be at Tannadice, and I doubt the authorities would make those poor Hearts fans travel all the way to Pittodrie.

But if they want a bigger venue for Saints-Dons (Edinburgh) then Tannadice would be ideal for us.

Edit - thinking it about it, what's to stop them having both ties at Tannadice? One is scheduled for Sat, one is Sun. That would suit everyone, wouldn't it?

Edited by Yngwie

No announcement of venues? I wouldn't be surprised if it is Easter Rd again, as Saints-Dons could well be at Tannadice, and I doubt the authorities would make those poor Hearts fans travel all the way to Pittodrie.

But if they want a bigger venue for Saints-Dons (Edinburgh) then Tannadice would be ideal for us.

Edit - thinking it about it, what's to stop them having both ties at Tannadice? One is scheduled for Sat, one is Sun. That would suit everyone, wouldn't it?

Taking the attendance from our semi final vs Hearts last season it was 16,336 and Tannadice holds 14,229 

Personally think both games might be at Easter Road or our game might be at Pittodrie.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Dundee United are scheduled away to Partick that weekend so Tannadice should be available. Due to the semis, Killie/County is the only other game on that weekend in the Premiership so only Rugby Park (and Firhill) is unavailable.

Aberdeen -V- St Johnstone ... logical venue = Tannadice

ICT -V- Hearts ... logical venue(s) = Pittodrie, McDiarmid Park, or Tannadice

In that case, watch this space for both to be scheduled for Easter Road !!!

• Agree 1