FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrowman

cal234ey

He has proven he doesn't care anymore by not even trying to get the ball. Such a waste of money on another to add to a growing list of Brew's masterstroke signings :rotflmao: .

He isn't even good enough for the first division (proved against partick) he has to leave.

He has proven time and time again he is not capable of playing at this level by scoring only 2 goals while our top scorer and potentialy our record signing wastes away on the bench. This is a joke.

He must never play for us again!!!

No, Barrowman just hasn't cut the mustard for us at all. A big disappointment. However, I'm not at all sure that we should sell him but perhaps a loan arrangement ( with County ? ) might be a better idea in the short term. Talking of loaning out players - where's the logic in offering Zander on loan ( again ) ?

:rotflmao:

barrowman has been a failure at every club he has played for. brew must have saw something he fancied about him though

DJEBI-ZADI must run him close. Are we actually paying him

Guest WynessLegend

As I have mentioned before ........

Brian Prunty is now the top scorer in Division II

underlining the fact that players who thrive at this level

are often sadly lacking in a higher division.

Sadly nobody is likely to buy him, so we should try

to get some of his wages paid by putting him out on loan.

Guest mrjamaca40

barrowman is the worst striker we have had he doesn't try todays game ross tokely had more shots than he did i dont think he even hit a strike

Rooney is the only striker we have that ever looks like scoring and sits on the bench all the time. Where's the logic???

Unfortunately they don't teach logic when training for your Uefa coaching badges.

Barrowman was rotten today and didnt even look interested after 20 mins. Not even making an attempt for the ball on the edge of the box close to half time confirmed that.

His only excuse is that it was a tough job chasing balls downwind that were difficult to latch onto. Both teams seemed to be better pllaying into the wind when the ball was holding up.

He cannot play as a lone striker. He may or may not be good enough, but with Brew's tactics we will never know as he is being played in a system he does not have the game to thrive in. I would stick with him, bin Brew and get him a decent strike partner. I also agree that currently I would start Rooney every time ahead of him.

Barrowman scored lots of goals at County because he is a poacher who needs to be fed the ball, he was never played as a lone striker. It has already been pointed out that he has consistently failed at the higher level of football and the one to blame is Brewster for signing him, not Barrowman. He scored a lot of goals in the Second Division because he had lots of chances to, he also missed as many as he scored. He was never going to score loads of goals in the SPL for two reasons, the first being the manager that signed him is not playing him in a formation that suits him and because he will never get the amount of chances to score as he got in the 2nd Division.

I feel for Barrowman. I honestly think he is a good player (granted I haven't seen ICT much recently) but the formation we player hangs him out to dry. If you are going to play a one up front style player you need someone like Kenny Miller who will run all day. Barrowman won't do this. If not a Kenny Miller, someone like Koller who is a giant and win numerous high balls. Again Barrowman cannot do this. He is a penalty box striker and until we play the right way when we have him in the team he is going to flounder. And it's depressing watching Brewster run down players in such a manner.

He was terrible yesterday but playing him as a lone striker does not help. He is having to cover to much ground just to get the ball when he is meant to be poaching and finishing services that are provided but i only recall at least 2 decent crosses that went into the box yesterday. Yes Rooney is more prolific but there are times when he shows very little intrest as well and Wood is not a goalscorer but is arguably our biggest threat given our current style of play.

Given Brewster was a striker for the best part of 25 years i see this as the most incompetent thing he has done since returning. Getting rid of 3 stalwarts in Bayne, Wyness, and Niculae who yes i grant left for various reasons but replacing them with a set of strikers who haven't even got a proven record at 1st division level in Scottish football. That to me is what bad managment is. He didn't even look to sign a fairly expericenced striker in the summer and i had fears that it would show and it certainly has and it is proving to be our biggest downfall.