Team For Rangers

Guest Mahonio

how do you think butcher will look at the game???

will he change duncan and black for kerr and mcbain???

will he tell the team to sit back or tell them to attack???

will he just tell the players to go out and in joy themselfs as he nos like most of the fans that we wont get anything from the game

Wow, that post is Reedee-esque!!!!!!!!!

Esson

Proctor Mihadjuks Duff Djebi-Zadi

Kerr

Morais------Black-------Foran

Rooney Imrie

Drop Tokely, Munro, Odhiembo and Duncan for poor performances - I realise Black played poorly as well but I'd prefer him in there than Duncan or McBain.

Edited by Jay_7

What we really need to do is mark well in the box. If we stop Boyd scoring, then half the battle is won. Miller is never a striker and I don't think much of Lafferty either. Defend deep so that those two players can go on mazy but completely unproductive runs that end in a long-shot or a well-defended cross to Boyd.

What we really need to do is mark well in the box. If we stop Boyd scoring, then half the battle is won. Miller is never a striker and I don't think much of Lafferty either. Defend deep so that those two players can go on mazy but completely unproductive runs that end in a long-shot or a well-defended cross to Boyd.

Yeah... Absolutely... Piece of cake.

We just need to turn up on Wednesday night - this game is more or less already won..

I just hope the "Miller is never a striker" assertion doesn't come back to haunt you..

If we get a point out of this game it will be a feckin miracle... In fact I'd be quite happy with a 1-0 defeat.

You mean I was wrong to say what tactics I think would work best? Where did I say it was a 'piece of cake'? Not surprisingly I doubt we'll come away with anything but you think Butcher comes in and says "Look lads, we'll probably get stuffed here so don't bother playing tactics for this game."

We could defend deep, defend high, attack down the flanks, through the middle, completely gung-ho, long ball etc etc.. The whole point of the thread is to say how best to play. My opinion it's to stop Boyd at all costs. My team had a sweeper as Boyd plays in the box, so snuffing out his threat, with the normal back four also taking care of the threats of Miller and Lafferty/Fleck.

Naturally Miller could well score goals like he did last week. However, I don't think he's the main threat. Is your suggestion to stop Miller at all costs? Or what tactics exactly? Just give it up and play our reserve team?

You did say if we manage to stop Boyd scoring that would be half the battle....

We would need to do a lot more than just worry about Boyd to avoid defeat... The chances are he won't even be in the starting 11, but that won't necessarily make it any easier for us. There will be plenty of others there to worry about including Miller...

Tactics for me would be to defend deeply - backs to the wall stuff in the hope of frustrating Rangers with an eye to hitting them on the break....

Esson

Proctor Mahadjuks Munro Djebi-Zadi Hastings

Duncan Tokely Black McBain

Imrie

Need to be ambitious in every game we play.

Esson

Tokely, Munro, Mihadjuks, Djebi-Zadi

Morais, Black, Kerr, Vigurs

Foran, Imrie

Subs: Fraser, Duff, Hastings, Odhiambo, Duncan, Rooney, Wood.

I've just had a brainwaveabout the best way to combat the Rangers defence and get passed that old pensioner David Weir:

---------------------------------------------Esson---------------------------------------------------

-----------Proctor----------Mihadjuks-----------------------Duff------------Hastings-------------------

-------------------Morais--------------------Tokely----------------Black------------------------------

------------------------------Imrie-----------------------Djebi-Zadi-----------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Foran----------------------------------------------------

Subs - Fraser, Vigurs, Rooney, Kerr, Munro, Odhiambo, Wood

A Christmas Tree formation can be used here. Esson in goal, move Proctor to right-back, Duff instead of Munro, put Hastings back in at left back and Mihadjuks into his normal centre-back postition. Morais on the right, Black on the left side of the middle three with Tokely at centre-midfield to combat the strong Rangers midfield. Imrie at right attacking midfield with Roran as centre-forward with Djebi-Zadi at attacking left midfield. Weir is old and slow so if Lionel can use his pace to get passed him and knock the ball onto Foran or Imrie it'll be a winning combination.

Edited by Renegade

-------------------Esson---------------------

Roscoe----Pavels------Munro----Zadi-----

Morais-----Black-------Kerr-----Foran-----

-------------------Imrie---------------------

-------------------Rooney-------------------

Subs: Fraser, Duff, Hastings, Proctor, McBain, Eric, Wood

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro Zibbi-Zabby

Morais Duncan Kerr Foran

Imrie Rooney

theres a winning team for you!! Black didnt have a great game last week and needs to know even though he is one of our best players that he is not guaranteed a start. I think Kerr would give a bit more back up and stability along with Duncan and would allow Morais and Foran to get down the wings.

Imrie up front for pace and harrying the defence and rooney for a bit of muscle.

ha ha, didnt notice your post, great minds eh.....

Except fergieisonfire has Black in there whilst you have Duncan...

Except fergieisonfire has Black in there whilst you have Duncan...

woops :rotflmao:

I've just had a brainwaveabout the best way to combat the Rangers defence and get passed that old pensioner David Weir:

---------------------------------------------Esson---------------------------------------------------

-----------Proctor----------Mihadjuks-----------------------Duff------------Hastings-------------------

-------------------Morais--------------------Tokely----------------Black------------------------------

------------------------------Imrie-----------------------Djebi-Zadi-----------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Foran----------------------------------------------------

A Christmas Tree formation can be used here. Esson in goal, move Proctor to right-back, Duff instead of Munro, put Hastings back in at left back and Mihadjuks into his normal centre-back postition. Morais on the right, Black on the left side of the middle three with Tokely at centre-midfield to combat the strong Rangers midfield. Imrie at right attacking midfield with Roran as centre-forward with Djebi-Zadi at attacking left midfield. Weir is old and slow so if Lionel can use his pace to get passed him and knock the ball onto Foran or Imrie it'll be a winning combination.

Lol do you just draw players out of a hat randomly to play in certain positions as well as some radom formation! Dejebi-Zadi in attacking mid! Rememer when he came on at left mid he was completely lost

Lol do you just draw players out of a hat randomly to play in certain positions as well as some radom formation! Dejebi-Zadi in attacking mid! Rememer when he came on at left mid he was completely lost

It's an act of genius to put Lionel there. Weir is slow, Lionel is fast. Lionel can get passed Weir, Weir turns like an oil tanker and can't catch him. Simple.

I am just pleased that you are all giving Esson another chance after Saturday's blunder.

Speaks volumes for your maturity - if that was an OF keeper their 'fans' would be baying for his transfer!

I bet Esson will play out of his skin, just to prove us all correct!

Well now Mystic Meg, some of us can get it correct without your magic ball!