FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Craig Brewster Well Done

Indeed. While he watched our season going down the toilet and his side desperately needed an experienced striker, he claimed his days as a player were over due to serious shoulder injury. Yet a week after being sacked he's back playing.

He would have served us much better as a player than as a manager. He could well be a hero in Dingwall by ensuring promtion for County by scoring goals while at the same time being the man who brought relegation to their neighbours and rivals ICT.

Craig Brewster -I salute you! :rotflmao:

He could well be a hero in Dingwall by ensuring promtion for County by scoring goals while at the same time being the man who brought relegation to their neighbours and rivals ICT.

Maybe that was his plan all along Bronson? Nothing would suprise me......

Its all very well saying he is playing well for county, but there is a big difference playing for county vs Airdrie than playing for us vs Celtic.... BIG difference.

Its all very well saying he is playing well for county, but there is a big difference playing for county vs Airdrie than playing for us vs Celtic.... BIG difference.

Very true, I think looking at it Craig played it safe. He knew that if he mucked up as a player/manager then other clubs would be less likely to look at him. He kept a part of him safe so that when things went down here he knew he has his abilities as a player to back him up.

Or maybe he felt as if he wasn't good enough against the likes of Celtic etc.

There is but our strikers weren't doing it anyway. What they lacked was experience. The likes of Brew may not have had the skill to compete well in the SPL (although he probably does IMHO) but they do have the experience to lead the line. What we desperately lacked.

I always thought managers put everything they had in to the club - obviously not...

I really dont care how Brewster does from now on in .... as a player or as a manager. However, it does stick in the throat somewhat that we had a striking problem for a long time and yet he wasnt prepared to field the man who was probably still our best striker .... himself.

We all bought into the shoulder problem as the reason - and I still believe that was valid - but it still amazes me that barely a week or two after he has been sacked, he is prepared to risk that shoulder in a very physical league against teams which are very close to the same standard as the bottom half of the SPL. I suppose we should look on the bright side though .... Brewster the player may have once again saved the neck of Brewster the manager !

Guest Muir-Jaggie

He maybe would have been better if he played for us?

nah. SPL is on a higher level than the first division. you need to give 110% every time in the SPL

Guest Muir-Jaggie

remeber he did hurt his shoulder so thats why he stooped playing. you need young fit players in the SPL who are going to play to wear the top and if he cared about caley he would have put himself on but i take it he new himself that he could not handle the pace of any game in the SPL

I wish Brewster all the best - I reckon he could still do a job fer a lower league outfit - and I really do hope that he sticks around long enuff to manage Tinkerville - oh gawd do I hope that. :018: :rotflmao:

yip - totally agree - maybe his give youth a chance philosophy may pay of one day.... :thumb04:

• 2 weeks later...

Was at the County Vs Partick game last night and he got the MOTM award. He was certainly there best player but that wasn't really saying much last night. 2 poor teams slugging it out.

His presence in the team may be a bit counter productive as they seemed to go very direct ie aim for Brewster ALL the time.

On a side note there is NO WAY that there was a crowd of over 2,000 at the match. 1200 tops :rotflmao:

Guest birdog

His presence in the team may be a bit counter productive as they seemed to go very direct ie aim for Brewster ALL the time.

Sounds like he is running the show already, it's the exact same tactic employed when he played for us.

i know an electrician who had a homer to fix something at brewsters house (this is the god honest truth)- (prob to fix the plugs from excessive use of dilds) and the guy had all his trophies scattered all over the house...

not to mention a large lifesize poster....OF HIMSELF! :rotflmao:

cheers for nothing...actually, cheers for magics and morais. hope you get a managment post in dingwall.