FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Terry Butcher's Combined Roles

Kingsmills

There was much debate when Butcher was appointed as to whether or not his part time position as Scotland assistant would compromise his ability to effectively manage ICT.

Well I guess Saturday will go some way to providing the answer. Our relagation rivals have had a fortnight to work on any ongoing problems with their respective managers whereas Terry has been able to spend little or no time in the Highlands of late.

For what it's worth, I'm fairly confident that we will win on Saturday even if that means winning ugly !

I would suspect that a plan was put in place following our last match and the assistant given instructions.

He, the assistant, has managerial experience in his own right at a level I would suggest, higher than our previous manager and will have been capable of carrying them out.

I also think that in this day and age, TB would have been in constant contact with the club and his assistant, so let's hope his wanderings will be rewarded with a win for us, as he must be on a high after last night.

Have you ever thought that the players might be proud to play for the Assistant Manager of a National Team and that they might be more focussed as a result? Compare that to being reminded by the manager, and his smug assistant known as Laughing Boy, that he scored the winner for his beloved Dundee United in the Cup Final and perhaps you wished the manager went away during the international break, and indeed most weekends.

I would suspect that a plan was put in place following our last match and the assistant given instructions.

He, the assistant, has managerial experience in his own right at a level I would suggest, higher than our previous manager and will have been capable of carrying them out.

I also think that in this day and age, TB would have been in constant contact with the club and his assistant, so let's hope his wanderings will be rewarded with a win for us, as he must be on a high after last night.

For goodness sake 'the/his assistant ' has a name - it's Maurice Malpas - if you didn't know :rotflmao:

Edited by caleyboy

Lets not kid ourselfs Malpas is the tactician/the day to day football man so to all intents and purposes he is more the team manager than TB.

TB has admitted as much in his interviews. Interviews is TB's forte, he is if you like the PR man.

Graham

Lets not kid ourselfs Malpas is the tactician/the day to day football man so to all intents and purposes he is more the team manager than TB.

TB has admitted as much in his interviews. Interviews is TB's forte, he is if you like the PR man.

Graham

I think it is wrong having the two jobs but at least he did not go on holiday to Majorca like Calderwood!

It is a rod for his own back if we do not win it will become a bigger issue.

As long as he jacks Scotland in after the current campaign which hopefully will be more than three games.

The coaching team at ICT are more than capable of filling in if Butcher is away for a few days. Anyway he can now give us his full attention till the end of the season.

Errr... what happened at Falkirk then Alex? will Butch sort it out for saturday or Malpy get the job?