FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Could Things Get Worse ?

I dont give a toss where the mods stick this but I have had a telephone call from a mate who works in Embra and follows Falkirk to tell me that there is a very strong rumour that Terry Butcher will be named as the new manager of Falkirk at 10.00 on Tuesday 23rd June.

He also winds me up by informing me how pally TB and his erstwhile No 2 Stephen Pressley have been together on their coaching course and are going to make a line up with Alex feckin Smith as the DOF.

For once I feckin pray that this is wrong.

Guest birdog

This article, which includes this quote from Alex Smith, would seem to say that your source may be misinformed.

"Trust will be massive between myself and the management. I'm sure Eddie and Steven will be great listeners."

Eddie being Eddie May who is currently tipped to take over the manager's role.

I really hope that I am but I have just PM'd Caley D who - probably quite rightly thinks that I am on the wind up again - I really hope my mate is on the wind up but I really dont think that he is:

Don - cant retrieve the e-mail that I just sent you - can you post it ?

In response to my PM telling IHE I had moved his thread, he responded with.........

Feck off you big useless tawt!!!

ok, not really, he said this......

Yeah - knew that would happen - but I am afraid that this is no wind up - my mate **name removed** works in Embra at the Royal Edinburgh and is a Falkirk season ticket holder - he hasnt been in touch fer ages and he phoned out of the blue - I immediately felt that it was a feckin wind up but he assures me that it isnt - Eddie May was supposedly the chosen one but Pressley and Smith have apparently convinced TB - my mate said that Smith was part of the Scotland set up and also over in Sweden - is that true ?

I removed the name to protect the innocent.

Guest birdog

Well if this is true then I guess that all the discussion about the "muppets" will be answered. If this happens then we will soon know how good the communication is between club and fans. I know the club have been criticised in the past over doing their transfer dealings in the media but if they have been contacted by Falkirk then I would hope that they will issue a statement before any unveiling at Falkirk, I would also hope that they would have plans in place for this happening, not for an approach from Falkirk but just incase Motherwell came creeping about TB. Let's wait and see though :lol:

Guest birdog

Cannot see this being true. There is no way our BoD would not be playing hard ball over compensation and that would be hitting the papers.. and certainly wouldn't be concluded by Tuesday at 10am, this would drag for 4 or 5 days at least.

Add to that that the club have just issued a statement with the opening paragraph saying that TB would be in charge next term, now that would be a major mistake if this is true.

Interesting though and I wasn't going to mention this but I was speaking to a lad in the press world who told me TB had applied for the Falkirk job and this was the topic of behind scenes discussion at the Mowbry press conference last week. It was inferred though that it wasn't happening. Will see what develops............

Edited by Slip1970

I think it will and hindge on Foran, is he comes out and says im staying so is TB, Failing that i just home that Robbo's to to pissed off about being looked over the last time, he was the fans fav....

enough of this talk, TB is staying (I hope!!)

not another anti-butcher thread :)

I agree with SMEE's first post about compensation but i wouldnt really want to jump in with John Robertson.

Ossie Ardiles?

Craig Brewster?

:lol:

DOH - this is anything else but an anti Butcher thread - Personally the only way that I think that we are going to survive and maybe even go up again is that Butcher stays - The Muppets would have to go if Robbo was ever in the equation.

Dear Ayatollah....

Can you remind us who it was that appointed Butcher?

If Butcher were to go I'd have no hesitation whatsoever in puting Charlie Christie back in charge with Barry and Rossco as player coaches. Would also make good financial sense.

Highland solutions for Highland problems?

It would make good financial sense.

If Butcher were to go I'd have no hesitation whatsoever in puting Charlie Christie back in charge with Barry and Rossco as player coaches. Would also make good financial sense.

Agreed!

but who would be in charge of the cenetary club :ohmy: tahts a bit of a dilema you have there :lol:

If TB were to go i would love to see.....

CC & Barry

or

Robbo & Barry

Robbo & CC :ohmy:

Agreed!

but who would be in charge of the cenetary club :ohmy: tahts a bit of a dilema you have there :lol:

I'm sure the girls in the office are more than capable.

Robbo I dont think would be a good idea. He's a nice guy and could easily do the job but I said before, and I say again, its a bad idea to bring someone back. Brewster should be testiment to that.

Robbo I dont think would be a good idea. He's a nice guy and could easily do the job but I said before, and I say again, its a bad idea to bring someone back. Brewster should be testiment to that.

But then again Robbo isnt Brewster. Robbo has being around long enough to know the ins and outs of being a manager, brewster new nothing he was just starting of to beocme a manager and get his coaching badges etc. He did good with us on his first spell here. Getting to know the game and all that all that about being a manager but when Utd came in for him he jumped at it right away. One thing what made him join them was thats his home team. Never worked out there and then after a spell at Aberdeen (as a player, dont think he had any coaching roles there) he came back to us thinking it would all go his way again and work out all fine which in the end did not.

If we did bring Robbo back i would say thats like Rangers bring Walter back.

Nothing against Robbo, but you're making out he's a seasoned veteran like Alex Smith, let alone Walter! :ohmy:

What dates did Robbo and Brewster get their first jobs in management? That's a rhetorical question btw.

Butcher is not getting the falkirk job, falkirk would have made there offical announcement already by pressley is on a UEFA course and was not allowed to leave to be offically confirmed in the role of assistant

Butcher is not getting the falkirk job, falkirk would have made there offical announcement already by pressley is on a UEFA course and was not allowed to leave to be offically confirmed in the role of assistant

Gawd - I agree - My mate did point out to me that Butcher hadnt returned either - I really hope that Tel stays with us but I am as much bothered by the stronger rumour that he expressed interest in the first place - My other concern is that I would choose Butcher in front of Eddie May any day.

I don't understand why people think CC was such a great manager, I thought we played our worst football in the SPL under him, except the 1st 6 months of last season. He's a nice guy and a club legend but I certainly would not be full of optimism if he came back.