FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Owners For Clach

stevico1

?250 used to be the minimum shareholding that anyone could buy. I think you might be able to buy less now, but there are hundreds of fans with a ?250 shareholding

Heard very strong rumours today that Clach are been bought over, cant say who it is at moment but lets just say it will be very interesting :P

excuse ma ignorance but owned Clach prior to their sale to either savage or the builder?

Charlie Forbes, James Macdonald, Ken Macleod, Calum Grant, Colin Morgan and Alistair and David Dowling are the consortium who saved the club from going to the wall in 1990, David Dowling is still there as Chairman, with Colin Morgan a director of the club. The main sponsor is Tulloch Homes.

You missed Dave Love Caley D. He was the guy who put these people together, put hard cash in and was also a Director.

My apologies Caley D - I should have known better :022:

I'm not dictating how anyone should spend their money, just saying that (in my opinion) it seems a little strange that someone who claims to be such a big ICT fan might consider investing money in another team...a competitor (not on the park, but in the sports entertainment market)....especially at a time when we're going to be struggling more than ever to make every penny go as far as possible.

We're talking about a hypothetical situation at the moment as nothing has really come to light regarding the matter, but if it were to transpire as rumoured then I guess what I am/would be doing is questioning the motives. If it was a case of rescuing Clach from going to the wall and nobody else was showing serious interest, then I could understand...but as the rumours stand with other parties also interested then there's only 3 motives I can think of.....Bored with ICT and wants a new challenge, it's nothing more than a pointless muscle flexing exercise or there's some other "financial" benefit to be had from owning and controlling Clach and the land they occupy.

In reference to my ?250 comment....that is the grand total of any shareholding listed in the name of David F Sutherland an investment made at a time when all Board members were required to hold shares in the club...something which is no longer the case.

I'm not dictating how anyone should spend their money, just saying that (in my opinion) it seems a little strange that someone who claims to be such a big ICT fan might consider investing money in another team...a competitor (not on the park, but in the sports entertainment market)....especially at a time when we're going to be struggling more than ever to make every penny go as far as possible.

We're talking about a hypothetical situation at the moment as nothing has really come to light regarding the matter, but if it were to transpire as rumoured then I guess what I am/would be doing is questioning the motives. If it was a case of rescuing Clach from going to the wall and nobody else was showing serious interest, then I could understand...but as the rumours stand with other parties also interested then there's only 3 motives I can think of.....Bored with ICT and wants a new challenge, it's nothing more than a pointless muscle flexing exercise or there's some other "financial" benefit to be had from owning and controlling Clach and the land they occupy.

In reference to my ?250 comment....that is the grand total of any shareholding listed in the name of David F Sutherland an investment made at a time when all Board members were required to hold shares in the club...something which is no longer the case.

Understand. Equally hypothetically it could be that the other interested party heard of our former chairman's interest and decided to jump in for fun too? Boys and their games!

It could be that Clach are viewed as a vehicle to develop a locally based strategic relationship which may benefit ICT in the long run whilst at the same time, underpinning the finances of the club that his company as sponsored for a number of years? Or it could be for development purposes irrespective of which party takes control.

On the subject of the ?250 shareholding (and please excuse my ignorance on this and on many other occasions :lol: ) but how does this allow him to have control of the club? Surely there must be considerable other shareholding over which he has ownership?

Edited by Sorted

Tulloch, the company, are the main shareholders of ICT. Not David Sutherland the person.

I like your second paragraph, in that the saving of Clach may just be mutually benificial.

It may also be that one party is trying to get control so the board of Clach have asked another party to counter that takeover.

As for the land. does it not belong to HRC and is rented out to Clach. So is there any benifits, considering permission is being sought to get rid of the present social club to build there.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be about time a merger between ICT and Clach should once again be positively considered. Clearly Inverness cannot suppoprt a truly senior team and the likes of Clach. Also it seems unfortunate that the energy directed to Clach by admittedly devoted supporters as Clach lurches from one financial crises to another seems a real waste.

And surely, if Thistle and Caley have been able to merge with success, then keeping Clach alive as a separate entity makes little sense other than for reasons of maudlin nostalgia.

Thoughts?

:lol: