FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Boycott the Gypo Game

Georgeios

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask............what did the Gypsy Traveller community do that was so bad as to them being likened to Ross County fans anyway?

If you've ever had any involvement with the true Gypsy you'd know that their standards of decency and cleanliness are far superior to that of the Dingwall dweller.

I evidently come in contact with many travellers in my job and my experience is that most of them are quite happy, some actually proud, to be called gypsies as they feel that is their history. Most of them dont like words like tinkers or taigs though. When I tell them about the County song they think it is brilliant.

Gadgie is derivative of Gaijin, as I understand it, meaning as you say, "Non-gypsie" There is another word, more used in England, is it "knocker" or something.

The English also use Didicoi, or Dids for Roma. And certainly in Cornwall, they do not have a good reputation.

There was a cracking court case a few years ago, I might have the link somewhere, about a brawl in The Mallard, between too young men, drink and women were involved but it seems the spark was the use of the word "wuddie".

"Don't call me a wuddie,I'm no a wuddie! YOu're a wuddie"

"No am no, you are and yer ma..." etc etc

Wuddie the journalist pointed out was a local term for traveller. I think this must derive from someone who lives in the wood.

Try that one instead and see what Mr. Smith, the Bobbies and the PC Dingwall crowd make of it!

What the hell are you on about? I am not going to this for a variaty of reasons. They tell us to seat with no reasonable explination! Blocking views? My arse! Theres no one behind us to block the views of. I am alos tired of how poor we play. Why should i waste my time and money for a team that wouldnt think twice of providing anything decent for us? I will continue going with my season ticket though i will not be renewing it unless we are heard. I am tired of us being the billpayers yet getting nothing in return bar some poor, poor footballing performances.

Like it or not, all this being against a boycott is very much a highland attitude.

"Oh no, we cannot go against the institution"

Go down to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen.....THOUSANDS of Celtic and Rangers fans are Boycotting home games because of the board e.x and its the same with Aberdeen and Hearts.

I know some genuinly belive that a boycott would be bad, and thats fine. But i know alot of people are stuck with this damned highland attitude.

It was mentioned in another Thread about this Attitude towards things, and i think this is one of them.

Read my post then try to reply again, because clearly you didn't actually thoroughly read my point and think about it before you moaned, again.

There's nothing wrong with not supporting a team when there not the best in the world, go and support Rangers or Celtic instead, there generally always celebrating success. :lol:

I'm going, as I want to see the players try their best against the caravan club we still have a lot of players that are proud to wear an ICT shirt and have no fear to take on any team anywhere, I'll be going to support those players.

Edited by 12th Man

Jake through fear of getting the old warning level upped, i will only say this... young man whos your big team? 6 posts in to this forum and you are sounding more and more like a mainstander, dude the young lads on here that are pissed off are "IMO" the ones that the players play for.... the singing chanting crowd... Jake, im going to go out on a limb and say youve not been following ICT long, this has been a long drawn out thing with the lads in section G and Im sick of it.... I know of another 10 lads that arnt really much in the way of singing, but did like me BUY my season ticket in that section because I liked the banter there, if thats going to be jamp all over by the higher beings in the club then I for one will not stand for it.... hang on stand I mean sit down and say nothing for it!

Heres a thought, Just listening to BBC ALBA before the game, they have radio scotland on, you can hardly hear the comintater over the Fans singing, chants and Moral... and our Club is trying to stop this!!!!!

Edited by Georgeios

The club is not trying to stop anyone chanting football chants. The club are warning people that racial chants will not be tolerated. There are plenty of chants that can be used without tarring the Gypsy Travellers with the same brush as Dingwall dwellers.

After a couple of pints watching the Old Firm I ended up getting in the mood for footy, so just went along.

Was good up the back of Section G today :021: A few gypsy chants were dished out, after C*unty started cheating, but the stewards were fine with us.

Good win aswell.

After a couple of pints watching the Old Firm I ended up getting in the mood for footy, so just went along.

Was good up the back of Section G today :) A few gypsy chants were dished out, after C*unty started cheating, but the stewards were fine with us.

Good win aswell.

Aye well done section G you created a good atmosphere today , i especially liked the chants about Brewster how wide is your @rse :D :D :D :D

Actually Georgious I think your obvious comparison/opinion over me due to my low post count is bull *****. I'm 24 and have been following the club since they were formed in 1994 and have been a regular at matches since we moved back to the TC Stadium. So...

Oh, and I enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday, and I do every match. I do sit in the Main Stand but only because I feel the view is far better there - but I love the atmosphere you boys create and personally I see nothing wrong with calling the Singwall ******** a gypsy. BUT, I can just see where the club, police, other fans are coming from and it is quite clear that it's foul language at times and it's hardly fair on the kids and families that go to the game - who, incidentally, theres probably far more of than those in section G.

The club don't want to kill the atmosphere they just want matches to be as enjoyable as possible for EVERYONE including me, you, everyone else at the games.

Brewster's @rse chants were epic by the way. :lol:

Also, look at the action that has been taken by the club on this Section G business. Maybe quite a large number of fans are actually quite glad to see something being done about a bunch of foul mouthed thoughtless adolesents whose obsenities are spoiling the enjoyment of the game for the majority of decent people, some of whom feel reluctant to bring along there kids or even themselves to have there afternoon spoiled by nonsense like this.

If you really want to shout "dirty gypsy b******s" why do so from the safety of the north stand? Why not go 100 yards along the road and shout it outside the travelling people's site?

Mainstander, your hilarious.

Section G represents the entirety of our home support. Yes, there is some foul language on occasion, but without that "bunch of foul mouthed thoughtless adolesents" creating an atmosphere in our ground, our home support would be shocking, if not completely embarrissing.

I have a feeling that you do not take part in any song/chant, even those that do not contain swears. Am I right?? Do you just sit and moan quietly with a face like a dog licking p*sh of a nettle?

Get behind the players and create the 12th man!!!

Chanting/singing in an intimidating manner towards the other team has long been part of football.

Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean it will go away.

Deal with it. . . . .

I await your well worded and eloquent reply.

Brewster's @rse chants were epic by the way. :D

The homophobic chants are the worst thing ICT fans sing about. People should get thrown out for that. If I started chanting "How tasty is your chicken, How tasty is your chicken, What a waste of a black man, Can you slam dunk" at Lionel, it would be an outrage but singing about Brewster's sexuality, is cool? Eh? Backwards, inward thinking Fascists.

It cant be easy for you Knowledge being gay and hearing loads of homophobic chanting , you have my sympathy .

Next time you hear those chants, look around and if you can see a handsome poofter, sitting with his head bowed, Foran on the back of his shirt, and a wee tear going down the side of his face, then you are looking at me.