FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Boycott the Gypo Game

Georgeios

Also, look at the action that has been taken by the club on this Section G business. Maybe quite a large number of fans are actually quite glad to see something being done about a bunch of foul mouthed thoughtless adolesents whose obsenities are spoiling the enjoyment of the game for the majority of decent people, some of whom feel reluctant to bring along there kids or even themselves to have there afternoon spoiled by nonsense like this.

If you really want to shout "dirty gypsy b******s" why do so from the safety of the north stand? Why not go 100 yards along the road and shout it outside the travelling people's site?

Mainstander, your hilarious.

Section G represents the entirety of our home support. Yes, there is some foul language on occasion, but without that "bunch of foul mouthed thoughtless adolesents" creating an atmosphere in our ground, our home support would be shocking, if not completely embarrissing.

I have a feeling that you do not take part in any song/chant, even those that do not contain swears. Am I right?? Do you just sit and moan quietly with a face like a dog licking p*sh of a nettle?

Get behind the players and create the 12th man!!!

Chanting/singing in an intimidating manner towards the other team has long been part of football.

Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean it will go away.

Deal with it. . . . .

I await your well worded and eloquent reply.

4 posts in and you get a big :021: :clapping03: :clapping03: from me.

Ask any of the players if they'd enjoy running out to a silent stand... eh no, I beleve its the vocal fans that the players appreciate, how do you intend on getting behind your team? buy a program and pie doesnt really cut it, SING / CHEER / CHANT / get the atmaspher going OH YES!!

Oh i know i cant spell before you hit me with that...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 posts in and you get a big :021: :clapping03: :clapping03: from me.

Ask any of the players if they'd enjoy running out to a silent stand... eh no, I beleve its the vocal fans that the players appreciate, how do you intend on getting behind your team? buy a program and pie doesnt really cut it, SING / CHEER / CHANT / get the atmaspher going OH YES!!

I don't remember anyone ever suggesting that, so...

At the time it was how we were thinking the Board were wanting it to be, if we all did the mainstand style of support, then it would be a silent field. I dont really get your point though, It is just mearly my thoughts on the matter. the players, im sure it is the case that players wouldnt like to run out to no songs, cheers or banter, they ultimitly are there to entertain us...

Again, no one said they should run out to an empty stand. The fact of the matter is you can probably create an awesome atmosphere without swearing every 4 seconds and putting families from the local area off coming to the matches, at the end of the day there's more of them than there of of Section G potentially.

Edited by ICTJake

Again, no one said they should run out to an empty stand. The fact of the matter is you can probably create an awesome atmosphere without swearing every 4 seconds and putting families from the local area off coming to the matches, at the end of the day there's more of them than there of of Section G potentially.

Your correct there is probably more in the family section than in G.

So why don't they start some songs of their own to get the atmosphere going? There are a few songs that don't require swearing, so, why not start the atmosphere from there?

The games I have been to, if it wasn't for G, and some others splattered around E and F, there would be no atmosphere. Just like the game V Annan I went too, where only the main stand was open, and absolutly no atmosphere. Just whinging ST holders telling me to move of their seats even though ticket I had was for that seat.

So go on Family section, and Main stand for that matter, show everyone how to cheer on the team properly, you start a few songs, after all there are more of you so you should be making more noise than G.

And "tut tut tut" does not constitute a song.

This is probably a stupid idea but I will say it anyway

Would it not be better if you didnt get given a specific seat to sit in when your buy your season tickets or a one off ticket. eg you would buy a season ticket for the North Stand but you could sit anywhere you liked. So the fans who wanted to shout, sing and give abuse to the opposition, refs etc could all sit together and the fans who dont like this would see where they are sitting and get as far away as possible?

This wouldnt work for some games if they were sold out but in the first division I cant see us selling the ground out.

It would just be like when we had the terracing when we were last in the First Division

Personaly I love singing songs and generally giving the opposition abuse as for me that is what going to the football is all about because we arnt exactly going to see quality and entertainment are we? I dont sing or shout at the home games becuase if I did I would just get shouted down like what is happening to the people in section G but if the club were to sort something out and let them all have a laugh and generally do what they like in terms of singing and calling people gypsies I would be over there in a shot

I have been to all the League games this season and the Dunfermline and Dundee games were both brilliant. If we could recreate that at TCS it would be epic. For those of you who were at those games you would have seen how much the players and backroom staff appreciated it and I think it makes a massive difference to the players if they know that they will have the support of the fans throughout the 90 mins and not every single mistake will get moaned at which is what seems to be happening now

For me this thread it closed, but i will say one thing before i ignore it, When i was little my dad took me to telford stree, Howden end... back then we didnt have this sort of "Familys" keep the swearing down, it was part of the game day atmospher!! I have some other choice comments to make RE familys at TCS but that will wait for another day.

Also, look at the action that has been taken by the club on this Section G business. Maybe quite a large number of fans are actually quite glad to see something being done about a bunch of foul mouthed thoughtless adolesents whose obsenities are spoiling the enjoyment of the game for the majority of decent people, some of whom feel reluctant to bring along there kids or even themselves to have there afternoon spoiled by nonsense like this.

If you really want to shout "dirty gypsy b******s" why do so from the safety of the north stand? Why not go 100 yards along the road and shout it outside the travelling people's site?

Mainstander, your hilarious.

Section G represents the entirety of our home support. Yes, there is some foul language on occasion, but without that "bunch of foul mouthed thoughtless adolesents" creating an atmosphere in our ground, our home support would be shocking, if not completely embarrissing.

I have a feeling that you do not take part in any song/chant, even those that do not contain swears. Am I right?? Do you just sit and moan quietly with a face like a dog licking p*sh of a nettle?

Get behind the players and create the 12th man!!!

Chanting/singing in an intimidating manner towards the other team has long been part of football.

Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean it will go away.

Deal with it. . . . .

I await your well worded and eloquent reply.

4 posts in and you get a big :021: :rolleyes: :023: from me.

:025: :025: :025: :025: :025: :025: :025: Brilliant. Well said Stoot!

If some people think that singing Gypsy B*st*rd is bad, try going down to Ibrox for the afternoon. i think some people would be very shocked with what they sing about. Personally, i dont think that there is anything wrong with singing it, because its just banter between two sets of fans.