FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Make your mind up Butcher

caleyrule

So anything but promotion is regarded as a failure at this club now? Some people really need to go back and take a look at where we came from.

The board gave TB a vote of confidence when we were relegated, and asserted he was the man to guide us back into the SPL.

I'd say anything but promotion should be regarded as failure.

How far a finish down the SFL table would you consider acceptable?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So anything but promotion is regarded as a failure at this club now? Some people really need to go back and take a look at where we came from.

Some people really need to remember the Board's basis for taking a high profile management team on last year. Great if we stayed up but it was not expected. The strategy was to develop the team so that we would go straight back up if we did go down. You may think that was an unrealistic expectation of the Board but that is what TB has been brought in for and therefore anything short of promotion is failure. Don't knock the fans for trying to go along with the ambition of the Board.

Some people really need to remember the Board's basis for taking a high profile management team on last year. Great if we stayed up but it was not expected. The strategy was to develop the team so that we would go straight back up if we did go down. You may think that was an unrealistic expectation of the Board but that is what TB has been brought in for and therefore anything short of promotion is failure. Don't knock the fans for trying to go along with the ambition of the Board.

I hope that the fans realise that the board are full of sh!t and that with the resources available we will be doing well to compete with clubs as big as Dundee, Partick and Dunfermline.

How far a finish down the SFL table would you consider acceptable?

Competing with the clubs listed above and showing signs of progress with what is a very new team.

I hope that the fans realise that the board are full of sh!t and that with the resources available we will be doing well to compete with clubs as big as Dundee, Partick and Dunfermline.

Of course, but it is difficult to defend TB if he came in with those expectations of the Board. I haven't heard TB complaining that he hasn't been given the resources he was promised so presumably he knew what resources he had available. If he cannot achieve what he was taken on to do with those resources then it is reasonable to criticise him. On current showing I think we will do well to come 3rd or 4th and I would almost be pleased with that, but it doesn't alter the fact that 2nd would still be failure.

ICT are never mentioned when he is on and even the captoin when he comes on says Terry Butcher Assistant Scotland Manager

On the Sky info panel it said, Rangers and England Star Terry Butcher, no credit to ICT or Scotland, it doesn't do anything for your PR to have a guy ramble about games that none of us are interested in, except the English teams, getting taunted by a presenter who is a Ross County fan.

Making the team train on Sunday was probably because Terry would be missing training today. Telling the players they have Wednesday off is like the manager of Tesco coming back from doing a shift in Asda and giving his Tesco staff the next day off because hees too shatered to do his own shift. Very Unprofessional.

What gives him the right to say that World Class teams like Juventus and Bayern Munich played poorly when his own team can't beat an egg.

He seems like a nice guy though, so you should go easy!!! We had a similar problem with Alex Smith, great football man, but never set the heather on fire.

Great PR for the club. Well done Terry!

Those of you who question why he is on the show really should get a life!

We are lucky to have Terry, and im glad he is raising our profile further. 100% behind him, it will take time, for sure. I imagine it will be the 2010-2011 season for us to push for promotion. Some people would have a manager a week here. what nonsense.

Care to explain how its great PR for the club or how he is raising our profile further when ICT are never mentioned ?

Wonder what my boss would say if I asked for the day off so I could go and work for somebody else?

What about if you already had this other job before you signed a contract for him, and he as part of you signing his contract, there was a clause on it allowing some time off to do this job you had previously, so long as you had someone, I dunno, an assistant maybe? Who could step in for you while you were away?

Some people need to get a feckin grip.

Great PR for the club. Well done Terry!

Those of you who question why he is on the show really should get a life!

We are lucky to have Terry, and im glad he is raising our profile further. 100% behind him, it will take time, for sure. I imagine it will be the 2010-2011 season for us to push for promotion. Some people would have a manager a week here. what nonsense.

Care to explain how its great PR for the club or how he is raising our profile further when ICT are never mentioned ?

I Dont agree with everyone thats saying its Good PR, after just walking in to work and a couple of the lads saying with a smirk.. Has he been sacked? he never once mentioned the Club, and the billing said Ex Rangers and Scotlands Number 2!! and by all accounts he was pants!

And if Kev's right in what he said on another thread, was it right for him to leave the club while theres In fighting in the ranks.....??

Edited by Georgeios

Wonder what my boss would say if I asked for the day off so I could go and work for somebody else?

What about if you already had this other job before you signed a contract for him, and he as part of you signing his contract, there was a clause on it allowing some time off to do this job you had previously, so long as you had someone, I dunno, an assistant maybe? Who could step in for you while you were away?

Some people need to get a feckin grip.

His contract was with Setanta and it was terminated when he took on the manager's job here.

Has he signed a new contract with STV now?

Maybe Terry was at the airport. Has it crossed anyones mind that he could be picking someone up? Day off today? Very possible if they were in sunday and monday they had today off instead of the usual wednesday. Terry on tv last night? Yep! Maybe he drove down after work yesterday and drove back today. Either way can anyone honestly say that his tv work affects his ability to manage ICT? I think not.

I get what your saying Alex, however there has been some Unconfirmed comments made about some of the Team having a bust up at the weekend, surely then if this was try he should be here, sorting it out, making them hug and make up....

I wonder if you and Kev have the same second hand info source - you know the one 'his grannie was out on the pull and saw someone, she thinks it was a footballer but she had taken her reading glasses by mistake but he was a big boy and he was taking a drink IN A PUB and therefore was an ICT player'

Anyway back to your above post, I cannot find any reference to the Board accepting we were going down when TB was appointed, never mind a plan for going back up. How can you develop a team, when demoted, that walks out the door due to higher expectations, higher wages or are unaffordable on a lower SFL income.

Perhaps you can help with your info source because if that statement is unsound the rest is then tosh.

I think from this topic, and others recently, that some posters here simply do not want Terry Butcher as the manager and go out of their way to find anythinh which they think adds ammunition to their case. This post is a perfect example as I cannot see what difference this would make to training if Tery Butcher was doing his pundit bit on TV and to suggest it would have an impact is ridiculous.

Someone asserted that there had been a bust up with some of the players at the weekend and that TB should still have been here fixing this. well if was still going on yesterday after the weekend, then something is seriously wrong.

Slightly off topic now, apologies for this but the constant carping about TB/MM is out of order. Yes we can all air our views but some people have written us off for promotion already and we are only 6/7 games into the season. No team is showing to be out and out favourite to win this league yet and the team that will win it will be the team that puts together a decent run before and after Christmas. We have to keep in with the pack just now and if we do, we still have every chance. Going back to when we were promoted previously, nobody thought at that stage of the season we were going to get promoted so long way to go yet.

I wonder if you and Kev have the same second hand info source - you know the one 'his grannie was out on the pull and saw someone, she thinks it was a footballer but she had taken her reading glasses by mistake but he was a big boy and he was taking a drink IN A PUB and therefore was an ICT player'

:D What?

I've never said I don't want TB as our manager. Don't think there's many others that would want to come to ICT at the moment, and we should stick by him at least til the end of his contract. And I don't beleive that his TV work is affecting any of our performances on the field, there are other factors affecting this though.

Agree with what others have said that although we are playing p!sh just now, doesn't mean to say things can't be turned around, and a wee run of form before Xmas and we will be up the top somewhere.

Although I don't beleive we're going to win the league, I would like to think we will be at least in the top 5, hopefully even top 3, at the moment though I can't see it.

It is the players that are to blame, not TB and his outside work, quite a few of them could do with an old size 9 up their erse, if they don't get a grip.

:D What?

I've never said I don't want TB as our manager. Don't think there's many others that would want to come to ICT at the moment, and we should stick by him at least til the end of his contract. And I don't beleive that his TV work is affecting any of our performances on the field, there are other factors affecting this though.

Agree with what others have said that although we are playing p!sh just now, doesn't mean to say things can't be turned around, and a wee run of form before Xmas and we will be up the top somewhere.

Although I don't beleive we're going to win the league, I would like to think we will be at least in the top 5, hopefully even top 3, at the moment though I can't see it.

It is the players that are to blame, not TB and his outside work, quite a few of them could do with an old size 9 up their erse, if they don't get a grip.

Surprise, surprise, I agree with your above posting.

My point regarding you, which went over your head, was the source of your info re an alledged punchup between ICT players.

If your lady friend was drinking till 10am I fear her powers of recall must be in doubt and to post such nonsense for others to take as Gospel, is even worse.

For others to then use it as evidence that our players are not managed correctly by TB, is maybe just par for the course on here but that is what can happen.

I reckon Tel's jokes are bad publicity for us. They are woeful.

Anyway...... there is no way that driving down to Glasgow a couple of times a week can affect his work at ICT. It's not even a 5 day a week job he has with us. I'm not saying I agree with his management of the club but I don't think his T.V work is causing him to ignore Russell Duncan or continue putting Rooney on for the last 3 seconds of a game.

:002: What?

Surprise, surprise, I agree with your above posting.

My point regarding you, which went over your head, was the source of your info re an alledged punchup between ICT players.

If your lady friend was drinking till 10am I fear her powers of recall must be in doubt and to post such nonsense for others to take as Gospel, is even worse.

For others to then use it as evidence that our players are not managed correctly by TB, is maybe just par for the course on here but that is what can happen.

Ahh, I see. I just didn't get what that point had anything to do with this topic. Don't think the management can be blamed for what the players do on their days and nights off at all.

And she wasn't drinking til 10am, woke up at that time and some of the players were still up drinking then.. I put it in the No Players On The Lash Tonight topic as it doesn't really seem as though they did go in for training that day, and if they did it doesn't seem to have been taken seriously.

I think from this topic, and others recently, that some posters here simply do not want Terry Butcher as the manager and go out of their way to find anythinh which they think adds ammunition to their case. This post is a perfect example as I cannot see what difference this would make to training if Tery Butcher was doing his pundit bit on TV and to suggest it would have an impact is ridiculous.

This aint the case the case is that Terry thought we were so woeful on Saturday that he ordered the players in for training on Sunday and he must be working miracles as by thursday he think they are good enough to have a day off, Terry must be a miracle worker fixed all the problems in 4 days

This aint the case the case is that Terry thought we were so woeful on Saturday that he ordered the players in for training on Sunday and he must be working miracles as by thursday he think they are good enough to have a day off, Terry must be a miracle worker fixed all the problems in 4 days

Maybe, just maybe footballers are covered by the working time regulations the same as most of the working population. i.e must not work more than seven days without a break.

I reckon Tel's jokes are bad publicity for us. They are woeful.

Well nobody in England knows he is our manager because it was never mentioned. Thats maybe why it was left out of the introduction of Butcher... And whats with calling a defender Superman... He's not broadcasting on cbebbies, he was on late at night on itv1.

"Aww theres the guy on the line and woops he transforms into superman....here it is again... and woops it superman" Think he called him superman about 4 times!

FFS Butcher it was a diving deader to clear it off the line, it would have looked worse if he stood there and watched it go in the backk of the net like most of your defenders!

and anyway how can you transform into tokely because you try a diving header?

Slightly off topic but I dont see why STV needs its own pundits/commentary for the champions league anyway.

I was discussing this with my mate last night and it was decided that people north border just can't connect with Andy Townsend and Matt Smith. We feel warmer with Butcher's seriously clever jokes and Rob Mclean's safe presenting style.