Make your mind up Butcher

caleyrule

Slightly off topic but I dont see why STV needs its own pundits/commentary for the champions league anyway.

I agree with that, what's the point? The way some Scottish commentaters are, I've rather we had the English lot back. Back on topic, I have no problem with Butcher being on the TV, some may remember John Robertson, when he was boss of ICT, being a semi-regular pundit on the BBC Sportscene Uefa Cup games. But here's the thing, do I think Butcher raises the profile of ICT doing these pundit things? No, but I do reckon he's doing it to up his profile, and to get himself in the shop window, the next time an SPL club is looking for a boss.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_ne...amp;newsID=4959

Couple of questions for TB on the night...

As a season ticket holder with expectations of the team in the first division, do you think your constant travelling around Scotland for other jobs such as commentary are in in way, shape or form having any impact on ICT performances?

OR

Are you serious about managing ICT or is it just a bit of a jolly.

John Motson is a legend ................ and one of the best and most knowledgeable football commentators of all time.

(and most of you lot are a joke, if I played for ICT you would definitely inspire me to lose)

It is a pleasure to have such a high profile manager, his involvement with the media can only help to promote ICT.

Well done Terry.

John Motson is a legend ................ and one of the best and most knowledgeable football commentators of all time.

(and most of you lot are a joke, if I played for ICT you would definitely inspire me to lose)

Almost totally agree again - Butcher is raising the image - the problem is that it leaves Misspass in charge.

John Motson is a legend - second only to David Coleman.

But thank feck humpbackruin doesnt play fer ICT - reckon he would be a muppet. :angry: :lol::lol:

Motson's just an anorak. He's got loads of knowledge but about as much personality as a packet of Weetabix.

Oh, no need for 'us lot' - I'm sure you could manage to lose quite impressively on your own - meanwhile sending the whole North Stand to sleep :lol:

What do you think they see DC. I am sure some people must think to themselves..........I wonder what Terry is doing now. Oh look, he is managing that team that beat Celtic.

It must do more good than harm, unless of course his second in command can not follow simple instructions.

I can't honestly see what the problem is here. Terry is no longer working for Setanta so won't be in their studio. His only work with ITV is when Rangers are playing in Europe and its on that channel. Thats not many games.

No, Terry contract with STV is for every champions league game shown on STV Butcher will be at the studio which will account to 15 games by the end of the season

I think his managing us wasnt mentioned as at the moment we are doing ****! this bringing his Footballing experiance down a peg, we'd just be another failed adventure for him... I hope not but im sure if we were sitting pritty at the top of the leauge it would be splashed all over his CV!! I dont think he will be here next season if we dont go up, we'll just be swept in the the gutter and forgotten about.. TB however will still be PR tastic on the telly.

Caley Who??

As things stand at the moment we are not sitting too bad in this league. No team will ever dominate it. The top will change each week. This week Partick go top. Queen's get stuffed by Morton. Thats how it'll be all season. The season we won it we see-sawed between fifth and top for many weeks of the season. Every season since, the first has been the same, barring last season where St J commanded. We are still in touch with the top and probably will be right to the end. Wins against Queen's and Kircaldy and we're back at the top.

For me the jury is out on Mr Butcher because of his signing and tactics, not because he is doing a bit of TV work. Lets be honest if Levin (in my opinion the best manager in Scotland) was our Manager none of us would be bothered if he was on TV every week.

Edited by stevico1

Alex MacLeod Posted Today, 05:04 PM

As things stand at the moment we are not sitting too bad in this league. No team will ever dominate it. The top will change each week. This week Partick go top. Queen's get stuffed by Morton. Thats how it'll be all season. The season we won it we see-sawed between fifth and top for many weeks of the season. Every season since, the first has been the same, barring last season where St J commanded. We are still in touch with the top and probably will be right to the end. Wins against Queen's and Kircaldy and we're back at the top.

My mates a sainty's fan, remember making fun of him last season early on about their start, he didnt reckon they'd make top half, had a quick look at their scores...

1st game 2-0 win at home against livi

2nd game 2-2 draw away to morton

3rd game 3-0 DEFEAT at home to dunfermline

4th game 4-0 DEFEAT away to partick

5th game 3-2 DEFEAT at home to clyde

6th game 2-1 win away to county

7th game 2-2 draw away to queens

thats only 8 points from their opening 7 games, including some stinking scores, and they ended up winning the league by 10 points, so maybe their isnt as much need to panic as everyone is suggesting. It is a tough league and maybe we need a bit more time to settle in.

Just a theory, but if saint j's still went on to "command" the league after a worse start than us then perhaps there is some hope left.

p.s. they then went on to win their next 6 games!

I must admit I was a bit surprised/concerned when I heard that Butcher was away with Scotland squad for 3 days this week, particulary as Scotland only have a friendly coming up and we have a crucial game on Saturday

Presumably MM gets to pick the side this week, as he'll have done more in training with them...

Could be quite a feather in his cap if he can achieve a comfortable win.

In fact, any kind of a win!