Potential future manager

12th Man

Who do you think could cut the cloth as manager.

1, Who could control the dressing room, 2, be a good tactician, 3, quick minded, 4, read the game well, 5, have lots of contacts and 6,make some canny signings.

How many years away are they from managing ICT.

There's nobody at the minute who could meet all the above criteria. Maybe after two or three years coaching experience Paul Sheerin. Five years Darren Dods. Barry needs experience. Within the current squad I could see Tokely making a go of it but again he'd need to gain experience elsewhere first.

1, Who could control the dressing room, 2, be a good tactician, 3, quick minded, 4, read the game well

For those points of the job spec, there is nobody, absolutely nobody, with more managerial potential than than Bobby Mann.

However, fitness training might be a weakness....

1, Who could control the dressing room, 2, be a good tactician, 3, quick minded, 4, read the game well

For those points of the job spec, there is nobody, absolutely nobody, with more managerial potential than than Bobby Mann.

However, fitness training might be a weakness....

:004: :lol::lol:

excellent topic .........

assuming they wanted a managerial career (and had or get their badges) My top 3 [in no particular order] would be

Darren Dods

Stuart Golabek

Mike Teasdale

In an ideal world Robbo but it won't happen. Barry Wilson and CC will possibly be our next management team maybe next season if we dont win promotion.

Why on earth would we take Christie back. He couldnt take the pressure last time when we had him so what chance do you think there would be this time round.

Robbo is the only choice to replace butcher at the end of the season, if butcher decides to go

Why on earth would we take Christie back. He couldnt take the pressure last time when we had him so what chance do you think there would be this time round.

My understanding is that if running the team had been the only "pressure" on Charlie, he would have done fine (he had some pretty good results as boss) ..... but before you condemn him, just remember there was a ****load of internal politics going on at the same time and the pressures on him were not all related to running the team. Tough though it was to walk away from the post he wanted, he made the right decision at the time, and if he were to express an interest in the future (when there was less internal strife), I personally would have no qualms about giving him another shot.

Having said that, all this talk of replacing Butcher is a waste of time anyway. We cannot afford to get rid of him even if we wanted to, and as I have said before (and I said about Charlie and Brewster when others began to call for their heads after 5 minutes), you need to give them time. Am i happy we have lost two league derbies so far this season, or that we have dropped points in games we might think we should have won, no of course I am not and TB may well prove to be the wrong man for the job but in my eyes, the jury is still out on that one.

seems like we have two levels of discussion on here these days ......

"we did great, won a game and everything is great ...... BUT <insert problem/complaint here>"

or

"we lost, sack the manager, terminate contracts, blame Mike Smith (deprecated), sack the board"

I know times are tough, we have lost games, we are all hurting, and we want ICT to be top of the league, but man oh man oh man, lets get back to being "supporters" because all we are looking like at the minute is gurning brats who turn on each other and our managers at the drop of a hat.

Being a supporter doesnt mean we have to agree with everything, or that we cant be pissed off or raise concerns at how things are being run .... we can still moan or highlight deficiencies where they exist (and there are plenty to choose from), but every so often it would be great to see us support the team ..... some people do not seem capable of that.

ICT's greatest era was in the 1st division where club, team and fans combined to form an awesome unit that made us impressive, hard to beat, and something we could all be proud of. The club have lost a lot of that ethos, but so have we and just reading the boards over the last few days (and responding very little - for me) I have wondered if we will ever get that back. Whether it is missiles being thrown at the game, or abuse of fellow ICT fans on here, this is turning into a very different club and set of fans than the ones I was once proud to be a part of.

ICT's greatest era was in the 1st division where club, team and fans combined to form an awesome unit that made us impressive, hard to beat, and something we could all be proud of. The club have lost a lot of that ethos, but so have we and just reading the boards over the last few days (and responding very little - for me) I have wondered if we will ever get that back. Whether it is missiles being thrown at the game, or abuse of fellow ICT fans on here, this is turning into a very different club and set of fans than the ones I was once proud to be a part of.

Have to agree with that.

What's making matters worse for me is that there is another club - not a million miles from here, who appear to have taken over our mantle of a Highland side that is on the way up.

They are obviously doing something right....

Unfortunately, the same can't be said for those charged with the responsibility of running ICT.

can I just point out to those who dont seem to have read the first post in the topic that neither John Robertson or Jimmy Calderwood have ever played for ICT ! The topic title asks for a discussion on "Potential future manager, present and past players only"

Dennis Wyness always struck me as more of a thoughtful football player, and I think he'd make a good manager one day, hopefully for us.

Davie Bingham as well. The most likely is Barry Wilson, but maybe not until the end of this season at least.

Agree with Scotty above, seems being in the SPL has ruined our fanbase. Even the Highland Derby has been a bit of a disappointment, not the results but crowd-wise. Seemed to be 'some' support for the team on Saturday, marred slightly by objects being thrown onto the pitch, but it wasn't what I expected. I thought that game was going to be our chance to show the county fans how to support a team, but it just didn't turn out that way.

Have to agree with that.

What's making matters worse for me is that there is another club - not a million miles from here, who appear to have taken over our mantle of a Highland side that is on the way up.

They are obviously doing something right....

Unfortunately, the same can't be said for those charged with the responsibility of running ICT.

That's enough talk about Strathspey Thistle for this topic.

I know He"s not a former ICT player But Darren Fergusen would make a good choice. Won back 2 back promotions for a start. just got let go as peterbourgh boss so be cheap. Sir Alexs son soo know"s people not been racist but he is scotish and dont think he"d mind going back to scotland.

Richard Hastings. Played for a few clubs in and out of Scotland, plus a proven internationalist. Appears to have a brain in there too. I thought he was going to be a sensation in the early days but turned out to be a decent professional as it was.

Guest Mahonio

Jim Calder or Ian Black someday as i believe he would have the desire to manage us, however, players wouldn't get on the wrong side of him due to anger so may remind us of Terry Butcher. Ross Tokely or Grant Munro also due to living in Inverness and having heart to do the job to

Jeez, the list goes on and on......