FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

midfield

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Has CC got the midfield right - well i was somewhat dismayed when Russell Duncan was dropped last week - despite all his supposed failings he predominantly does the jobs he is ask to do and puts in a good and effective shift - However on todays showing the midfield looked to have fight spirit and flair. I would like to see a bit more of Rankin though looks similar in style to black but maybe a little less of a terrier!!. Roy Mcbain looked threatening, black nifty and Wilson lively - i just cant see a place for Duncan at the moment - maybe we could play five in midfield (especially against Celtic)!!!

We'll need Duncan in for Rankin next week.  Rankin doesn't have enough bite and was pretty ineffective for most of the second half yesterday.

We also need to sharpen up the forward line.  Time for young Rory to replace Dennis I think.

Guest kingkojak

agree that denzil should probably be dropped.  he hasnt scored since february and at the moment we desperately need goals!

id like to see rory get a run of a few games.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Not to sure if i would like to see denzil dropped - he willl come good soon. But i still think he should be dropped against Celtic  to allow duncan in > a negative move some might say but I think Celtic may be just alittle bit to strong for us. Pity it wasnt the Gers we'd be picking up a definite 3 points. 

would definately be an idea to have someone spare in midfield, with Petrov on the form he is currently and Nakamura floating across the midfield it would be worth having someone sitting behind Black and Rankin.  If a striker is to be dropped I'd expect it to be Wyness although he would probably do a better job holding the ball up than Dargo.

you having a f##king laugh?  "despite all his supposed failings" ?  duncans the one midfielder i wouldnt lose sleep over leaving the club completely.  im sick of hearing people talk about all the hard work he does that goes un-noticed, or the commitment he shows, black in duncans postion is 10 times the player russel is.  he tackles harder, distributes faster, doesnt always sidways pass... and when he has to he gives us something coming forward.

brown

tokely dods munro hastings

black

wilson keogh rankin morgan

dargo/bayne

you having a f##king laugh?  "despite all his supposed failings" ?  duncans the one midfielder i wouldnt lose sleep over leaving the club completely.  im sick of hearing people talk about all the hard work he does that goes un-noticed, or the commitment he shows, black in duncans postion is 10 times the player russel is.  he tackles harder, distributes faster, doesnt always sidways pass... and when he has to he gives us something coming forward.

brown

tokely dods munro hastings

black

wilson keogh rankin morgan

dargo/bayne

The problem with sitting Black in the hole is that you loose out on the attacking side of him, and tbh he is one of the few players in the team that can play a killer pass.  Black is also likely to move out of position a lot of the time which will leave us naked at the back. I also can't see CC sticking Morgan in for his first game this season against Celtic!!

Waste of time putting Black just in front of the back four IMO, that is a position made for Russeldinho for sure.

Anyway, CC was on the radio this morning saying that it is a big mistake to sit back and let Celtic dictate the play, he has a couple of options on the board to change the line up to put pressure on Tic's defence.

Cant feckin wait.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Fook off Duncan isnt is half as bad as people make out.. I remember at a few games last season that people were slating him from the stands for misplaced passes another player was making - what chance has the guy got. i'd have Duncan in the midfield any day. And i think sunday is just right.

Bazza was one of the only players causing the Hibs defense bother throughout the match!!

I would have been surprised if he went off but have to agree I would have liked to see Zander having a run for the last 20 mins but I would have replaced McBain if anyone.

Have to admit I was on Duncan's back for a lot of last season as at that point he was playing some very bad football, giving possesion away at stupid points of the game etc. but towards the end of last season (about the time CC took over) him and Ritchie Hart were 2 of the main reasons we had such a strong finish, his passing seemed to improve aswell as his work rate.  He might not get as much action as he did last season but has definately got a lot to offer the team.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Duncan in all fairness seems to be the scape goat when things are going wrong - there were plenty of instances last season when certain players were making more misplaced passes than Duncan but wre not taking the same flak as Duncan. I did tip him for 12 goals this season especially if he had the confidence to hit from long range. Im not to sure now only because he has been sacrificed to accommodate Rankin. 

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

At the end of the day its a team game - one man doesnt win or lose the game - i dont ever remember a pass / tackle of Duncans losing us a game.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

I agree about Zander the boys brimming with confidence and a little cockiness - hes definitley one for the future.